Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Still a chance to bowl

AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Still a chance to bowl

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:24 pm

RankinApp wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:03 pm
So the record bowl game streak to start FBS ends at 7. I can certainly admit I was taking it for granted as I figured there's no way this program misses a bowl any time soon.
I agree when we entered the season but I thought there was chance for it once we lost to Texas State only because I thought we only had 2 more lock wins. I had us going 2-2 in November when we started the season and after Texas State I figured 1-3 or 0-4.

Hopefully this was the thing that wakes people up and we see changes. I'm 100% for giving Shawn another year because he gave his all as a player and coach but I do think the 2023 season has to make or break it for him. I wonder what Gillin's win number is for Shawn coming back in 2024? My guess is 8.

BOONE BOUND

Unread post by BOONE BOUND » Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:51 pm

Need to hit the portal hard and fill in some much needed size and speed. We played FBS ball with some FCS players. Too many position groups lacking size/speed/depth to play the schedule we just played. Next year will be interesting for sure.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:31 pm

Looking at our roster and there are several younger offensive linemen who are listed in the 6'5"/6'6" range. We need to get in the bigger boy range and just maul teams next year.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”