Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

It's time guys...Clark must go

appdaze

Re: It's time guys...Clark must go

Unread post by appdaze » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:37 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:25 pm
This question mught deserve its own thread for discussion but then again many have offered up opinions but I seriously ask this- what is the hypothetical next level some folks believe we can get to? We have had a couple of superb seasons and had we not lost to Stink at home many feel like we MIGHT have wrangled the NY6 game. We knocked odd two down P5's and beat up on what is widely considered a weaker conference than exists today. Is the next level going undefeated or 12-1 (with a CC win) every year? There is a firm assumption that the playoffs will expand enough to include a Belt champion. Is that the next level? Will we start signing 4/5 star guys? Will our football budget double or triple and will we be able to bring in a higher tier coaching staff? Does the next level include stadium expansion and App moving to a new conference? What other mid level G5 type schools our size have risen to a higher level and stayed there? Are we comparable to Cincinnati or Central Florida?
We have to keep our goals high and not settle for anything less. Settling for less turns to irrelevancy incredibly fast. My vision for the program is to be in the top 3 G5 year in and year out. Is that a pipe dream? I don't care. I want us in a position for a potential NY6 bowl or playoff spot if they expand them. I want us in a position so that when the whole NCAA blows up in the coming decades, we are welcomed to the table with those that form whatever new version of the big league exists. I want us to be dominant and "at the ready" for any future changes.

I want our academics to continue to expand down the mountain and add to our alumni numbers. I want NC to throw us a bone for all of our success and give us some medical and engineering degrees. I want yosef numbers to grow with the foothills expansion. I want our money pots to grow. I want a couple of billionaires to move to a permanent residency in the high country and start shelling out NIL deals.

But I'll settle for the boise state, cincy NY6 run.
Last edited by appdaze on Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

appstatealum
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:40 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:31 pm
yosef69 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:24 pm
311neers wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:20 pm
yosef69 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:18 pm
Yet another keyboard warrior that doesn’t know what he’s talking about… wait.

It’s in response to this:

Haha you beat me to it. Oh boy, ex SC players are all over this. These are TOUGH to watch, and there’s probably 50 more of those.
It’s a well done video that is a damning indictment on Clark and his stubbornness. It’s unacceptable and I’m sure Corey is right that it was prevalent for the whole of Clark’s tenure.
You should be an investigative reporter. I thought the knock on Clark was he was too buddy buddy with his players.
I've tried to communicate that it isn't that Clark is "Buddy Buddy" with players, in fact, the opposite. He lost then last season.
The Appalachian State

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:41 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:40 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
311neers wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:18 pm
Yet another keyboard warrior that doesn’t know what he’s talking about… wait.

It’s in response to this:

Haha you beat me to it. Oh boy, ex SC players are all over this. These are TOUGH to watch, and there’s probably 50 more of those.
It’s a well done video that is a damning indictment on Clark and his stubbornness. It’s unacceptable and I’m sure Corey is right that it was prevalent for the whole of Clark’s tenure.
You should be an investigative reporter. I thought the knock on Clark was he was too buddy buddy with his players.
I've tried to communicate that it isn't that Clark is "Buddy Buddy" with players, in fact, the opposite. He lost then last season.
What in particular caused that?

Pikapp79

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:01 pm

Yosef10 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:56 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:30 pm
Pikapp79 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:24 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:52 pm
I recall driving away from Columbia a few years back after we beat USC. Tuned in to the local radio station. Fans were relentless calling for Muschamp to be fired. Obviously a much different situation especially money wise but they apparently upgraded. What we don't need even if we have the money is a revolving door which is what we started to get after Drink vamoosed. Had we brought in a big name who was in coaching limbo he probably would have gotten his 10 wins then a quick exit for a payday. I believe that coach knows the game but needs to figure out how to adjust in game situations. It just seems like we rarely check out of certain run plays even when the defense jams the box.
So it’s better to hire a guy who you don’t expect to leave and settle for average. That’s exactly what happened. Keep this up and Yosef donations will drive change.
Not necessarily but you need to give a coach at least 4 years to build something. If we had guys getting into trouble, academic issues and if the team was getting stomped then it's a different story.
4 year rule no longer applies in this day and age. A roster can be turned over in a single offseason now. The number one job is talent acquisition.
Yep and can turned in both directions in an off-season. Portal probably more important than hs recruiting. If we have a flood of portal entries it’s going to get ugly.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:33 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:41 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
311neers wrote:

From what I understood, he just "changed". Completely flipped his personality and approach.
The Appalachian State

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:04 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:33 pm
yosef69 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
yosef69 wrote:

From what I understood, he just "changed". Completely flipped his personality and approach.
You have to be yourself. What you elude to is why I have expected the decline. I don’t think we have been getting the Shawn Clark that I was excited to get after the MTSU game. He has changed and it’s going to get him fired next year if he doesn’t wake up.

For those who aren’t blaming coaching look at the ultimatum Shawn gave to Dale. The fact Dale fought the head coach shows me he is stubborn and been a bigger problem than anyone wanted to admit.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:22 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:04 pm
appstatealum wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:33 pm
yosef69 wrote:
appstatealum wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:

You have to be yourself. What you elude to is why I have expected the decline. I don’t think we have been getting the Shawn Clark that I was excited to get after the MTSU game. He has changed and it’s going to get him fired next year if he doesn’t wake up.

For those who aren’t blaming coaching look at the ultimatum Shawn gave to Dale. The fact Dale fought the head coach shows me he is stubborn and been a bigger problem than anyone wanted to admit.
Im not sure I understand. Can you elaborate on that? Are you saying Clark is too stubborn or should he cave to his players and positions coaches? I feel like people are jumping him for both approaches simultaneously.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:41 pm

Clark did not lose the team last year. He did change mid season, but thats because of off the field things that were happening. He needed to crack down and not be such a players coach. So, naturally, the players that weren't attending class (Sutton, Jolly, etc) did not like it.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

Jcnurse10

Unread post by Jcnurse10 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:57 pm

I have an example, direct from a high level player:
During last years Pro Day, he apparently wasn't as supportive as he should of been (Stayed in his office during workouts, etc). And the players were like, wtf???

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:02 am

Jcnurse10 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:57 pm
During last years Pro Day, he apparently wasn't as supportive as he should of been (Stayed in his office during workouts, etc). And the players were like, wtf???
So are we basically to the character assassination phase on this board now? I don’t know SC but this is getting ridiculous.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:22 am

Jcnurse10 wrote:
Yes, the pro day thing was weird... And that definitely put a sour taste in the seniors mouth. Not sure what that was about.

But, he never lost the team.. He just enforced rules finally and the ones that were constantly breaking them didn't like it.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:10 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 12:02 am
Jcnurse10 wrote:
So are we basically to the character assassination phase on this board now? I don’t know SC but this is getting ridiculous.
Seattleapp,
It looks like it's true.
You may want to edit the post

njcarr

Unread post by njcarr » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:12 am

I'll be so glad when this thread ends. Too much ignorance and sometimes outright stupidity being thrown out. Go APPS!!!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:39 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Jcnurse10 wrote:
Definitely don't need to assassinate his character because I do believe Shawn to be a great person from all my interactions with him but the pro day stuff was weird. The big thing I heard was that several players, Henigan among them, were upset that Shawn initially banned their agents from coming at the request of some wet behind the ears Panthers scout who was being a jerk. Players went to home telling him they want their agents there and Shawn finally bent to it and reversed course. I was sent the notice that went out at first banning agents. I'm not sure what all was going on with Clark but I'm glad he eventually did the right thing.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:42 am

PhillyApp1 wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:10 am
Seattleapp wrote:
Jcnurse10 wrote:
Seattleapp,
It looks like it's true.
You may want to edit the post
100% true. I had 3 people who were at the pro day tell me that it went down. It does not make Shawn a bad person at all. I don't know if he was tired or just trying to stay out of the way in regards to being in the office. He was trying to make the scout happy but scouts have no right to demand that. The agent for our players should be at the pro day and my only critique is that Shawn should have told the scout that agents have that right and always been there so he can just avoid them if he does not like dealing with them so much. It created a whole big thing that never should have happened.

You can ask Moose and AppStateNews that I actually brought it up to them to see what they could do diplomatically by talking to Watts, Clark, or anyone who could make it right. I just did not want to put it out here to make Shawn look bad while pro day was going on. The only reason I chimed in here is because someone else brought it up and someone piled on them calling it fake when it is not fake.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:17 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Jcnurse10 wrote:
This is ridiculous. This was known to a lot of people last year. It was a weird situation, but certainly not any kind of character assassination to bring it up.

KentHogan

Unread post by KentHogan » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:41 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:25 pm
This question mught deserve its own thread for discussion but then again many have offered up opinions but I seriously ask this- what is the hypothetical next level some folks believe we can get to? We have had a couple of superb seasons and had we not lost to Stink at home many feel like we MIGHT have wrangled the NY6 game. We knocked odd two down P5's and beat up on what is widely considered a weaker conference than exists today. Is the next level going undefeated or 12-1 (with a CC win) every year? There is a firm assumption that the playoffs will expand enough to include a Belt champion. Is that the next level? Will we start signing 4/5 star guys? Will our football budget double or triple and will we be able to bring in a higher tier coaching staff? Does the next level include stadium expansion and App moving to a new conference? What other mid level G5 type schools our size have risen to a higher level and stayed there? Are we comparable to Cincinnati or Central Florida?
For Clark, the next step would be to just win the Sun Belt.

For the program going forward, the goal should be to become one of the best G5 programs and battle for those New Year 6 bowl games, I believe that is attainable with the right leadership.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:44 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 11:41 pm
Clark did not lose the team last year. He did change mid season, but thats because of off the field things that were happening. He needed to crack down and not be such a players coach. So, naturally, the players that weren't attending class (Sutton, Jolly, etc) did not like it.
I agree with Clark to enforce the rules. If your A$$ isn't going to class, you need to sit and not play at all. Our Yosef Club dues pay for these players to have a FREE education, so we all should agree with Clark. I've made friends with a lot of players and parents over the years and all say it is pretty much impossible to fail as an athlete with all the help that is given to them. Over 90% will never make it to the NFL, so they need to take advantage of the FREE education that is given them.

AppStateNews- keep posting the real stories that you do. You have posted a lot of things I have 1st hand knowledge of, so I know you are the truth. Go App!!
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:45 am

AppStateNews wrote:
I agree with Clark to enforce the rules. If your A$$ isn't going to class, you need to sit and not play at all. Our Yosef Club dues pay for these players to have a FREE education, so we all should agree with Clark. I've made friends with a lot of players and parents over the years and all say it is pretty much impossible to fail as an athlete with all the help that is given to them. Over 90% will never make it to the NFL, so they need to take advantage of the FREE education that is given them.

AppStateNews- keep posting the real stories that you do. You have posted a lot of things I have 1st hand knowledge of, so I know you are the truth. Go App!!
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:10 am

AppStateNews wrote:
I know you have inside info as well, but that's not entirely accurate.
The Appalachian State

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”