Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

It's time guys...Clark must go

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: It's time guys...Clark must go

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:19 pm

appdaze wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:59 pm
The last couple years have brought out the worst fans of AppState. Its at the point where I don't brag about our fans anymore. I don't attempt to interact with as many App fans as I once did. It's becoming so damn acidic.

Well, daze we agree on something, but it was that way during much of the Moore era, Satt's first year, Roof's first year, Fancher's era, etc. Can you say fickle and spoiled?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:24 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:16 pm
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 4:08 pm
Has anyone said anything about coaches families?
People need to dial back the venom. It’s getting ridiculous. I doubt he just made that up out of thin air
When we bad mouth a coach..we are affecting the families. They hear and read stuff as well, and also have to hear it when coach gets home. No purpose is served with all this bitching. Do we think Gillian is going to fire Clark because some know it all on MMB says to do so? We have too many members who think they know more than the coaches and the AD yet they often turn out way wrong. If Clark goes, then it follows that Gillian should accompany him. He hired him for the most part.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

app80

Unread post by app80 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:57 pm

I hope our recruits don't follow this message board. Must be hard to get the caliber of athlete we need with all the negativity. I am looking forward to seeing which expert on this board will be our next coach.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:30 pm

app80 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:57 pm
I hope our recruits don't follow this message board. Must be hard to get the caliber of athlete we need with all the negativity. I am looking forward to seeing which expert on this board will be our next coach.
I am looking forward to you showing me the sunshine about our digression.

The recruits will have a chance to play for a team that historically Wins.... and if they are real good, they have the opportunity to play early and a lot.

GlassOnion

Unread post by GlassOnion » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:40 pm

Funny that some here worry more about the effect of the negativity regarding the abysmal coaching rather than the actual abysmal coaching.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:52 pm

I recall driving away from Columbia a few years back after we beat USC. Tuned in to the local radio station. Fans were relentless calling for Muschamp to be fired. Obviously a much different situation especially money wise but they apparently upgraded. What we don't need even if we have the money is a revolving door which is what we started to get after Drink vamoosed. Had we brought in a big name who was in coaching limbo he probably would have gotten his 10 wins then a quick exit for a payday. I believe that coach knows the game but needs to figure out how to adjust in game situations. It just seems like we rarely check out of certain run plays even when the defense jams the box.

Apptrain

Unread post by Apptrain » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:59 pm

GlassOnion wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:40 pm
Funny that some here worry more about the effect of the negativity regarding the abysmal coaching rather than the actual abysmal coaching.
Isn’t that the truth. Coaches know criticism is part of the deal. They get paid well to put up with the criticism that goes along with the praise. Direct insults to family members is another story. Ohio State fans are calling for Day’s head because he can’t beat Michigan. This isn’t unique to us.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:09 pm

Apptrain wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:59 pm
GlassOnion wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:40 pm
Isn’t that the truth. Coaches know criticism is part of the deal. They get paid well to put up with the criticism that goes along with the praise. Direct insults to family members is another story. Ohio State fans are calling for Day’s head because he can’t beat Michigan. This isn’t unique to us.
The coaches are big boys and paid like big boys.

I want ANYONE, I mean anyone, to tell me what the plan is to change the direction of our football team.

Pikapp79

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:24 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:52 pm
I recall driving away from Columbia a few years back after we beat USC. Tuned in to the local radio station. Fans were relentless calling for Muschamp to be fired. Obviously a much different situation especially money wise but they apparently upgraded. What we don't need even if we have the money is a revolving door which is what we started to get after Drink vamoosed. Had we brought in a big name who was in coaching limbo he probably would have gotten his 10 wins then a quick exit for a payday. I believe that coach knows the game but needs to figure out how to adjust in game situations. It just seems like we rarely check out of certain run plays even when the defense jams the box.
So it’s better to hire a guy who you don’t expect to leave and settle for average. That’s exactly what happened. Keep this up and Yosef donations will drive change.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:30 pm

Pikapp79 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:24 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
So it’s better to hire a guy who you don’t expect to leave and settle for average. That’s exactly what happened. Keep this up and Yosef donations will drive change.
Not necessarily but you need to give a coach at least 4 years to build something. If we had guys getting into trouble, academic issues and if the team was getting stomped then it's a different story.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:39 pm

Pikapp79 wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
We really do need to stop the obsession some have with hiring a guy who will stay. We need to hire good people who are also excellent coaches. I’m not for hiring bad people who will do anything to win. We are who we are, a G5 team with limited funds. If we are as successful as we want to be we will have to hire a new head coach every 3 to 5 years. The two things go hand in hand. Hire good coach, win, lose good coach to a school with a lot more money, repeat the process. The alternative is to be a mediocre team.

asu7

Unread post by asu7 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:00 pm

Oh poor coaches can’t handle fans being pissed? Granted families should be left alone but we can and have the right to call for their firings. We are fans. They chose the spotlight and know going into it that it can get ugly. That being said fire Dale Jones today. I will help him pack.

HurricaneYosef

Unread post by HurricaneYosef » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:04 pm

Drink was handed the keys to a ferrari but never got the oil change and ignored the check engine light. 4 years later his recruiting class of seniors was non existent. Our best seniors this year were transfer portal additions, sixth year guys from Satt's last recruiting class, or guys like Cam who were from Clark's first recruiting class. Add that to injuries and our depth across the board was heavily lacking. No DC is succeeding with our secondary + injury situation. Kickers have to make 29 yd kicks end of story last night. Barbay was the greatest OC of all time after week 3, and now our offense has no identity. 4 brand new WR's after losing possibly the strongest quad of receivers we might ever see on the field at the same time. Do we have talent? Yes. But let's stop acting like though we were by far the most talented team in the sun belt this year. The Sun Belt is stronger than ever, we aren't sleep walking through Idaho and Louisiana Monroe anymore.

I'm not happy with the way this season ended at all but there is no way a sixth OC in 6 years, 4th DB coach in 4 years, and gutting this staff for a chance of getting a better staff is the answer.

Probably will take heat for this but rant over. Go to a basketball game and take the stairs

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:27 pm

HurricaneYosef wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:04 pm
Drink was handed the keys to a ferrari but never got the oil change and ignored the check engine light. 4 years later his recruiting class of seniors was non existent. Our best seniors this year were transfer portal additions, sixth year guys from Satt's last recruiting class, or guys like Cam who were from Clark's first recruiting class. Add that to injuries and our depth across the board was heavily lacking. No DC is succeeding with our secondary + injury situation. Kickers have to make 29 yd kicks end of story last night. Barbay was the greatest OC of all time after week 3, and now our offense has no identity. 4 brand new WR's after losing possibly the strongest quad of receivers we might ever see on the field at the same time. Do we have talent? Yes. But let's stop acting like though we were by far the most talented team in the sun belt this year. The Sun Belt is stronger than ever, we aren't sleep walking through Idaho and Louisiana Monroe anymore.

I'm not happy with the way this season ended at all but there is no way a sixth OC in 6 years, 4th DB coach in 4 years, and gutting this staff for a chance of getting a better staff is the answer.

Probably will take heat for this but rant over. Go to a basketball game and take the stairs
You are correct; do not let anyone tell you otherwise.

If people would understand one thing about the Sun Belt East after this season it is this, because Appalachian lost to the teams it has this season, the rivalries are just that much better going forward. Case in point number one, Marshall and Appalachian, this is an old rivalry renewed which is relevant to the current student body due to the recent loses. Case in point number two, JMU and App, this is two teams that have played each other regularly in the past that are now in the same conference for the very first time, now those wins and losses will mean that much more for both schools. Case in point number three, Georgia Southern and Appalachian has one of the most balanced rivalries in all of college football, that is what makes it so special, no group of seniors has ever known what it is to never lose to or never beat the other. That is movie script stuff. I see a time when the Sun Belt wins all of its non-conference games in a single season on a regular basis if the Sun Belt keeps growing.

ASU_BrewCrew

Unread post by ASU_BrewCrew » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:55 pm

I just have to say "Wow" to some of these comments. Sounds like some of you are ok being like MAC 2.0 and having average seasons and once in a while maybe, just maybe win a conference championship. Keep in mind, the playoffs are expanding. If App doesn't set themselves up to be one of the top G5 teams, you can kiss the playoff possibility goodbye. Sorry, but I expect more than rivalries and hanging my hat on winning those. App has built a brand over the past 15+ years and it is quickly going down the drain. Changes have to be made or as others have said, mediocracy will set in.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:10 pm

HurricaneYosef wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:04 pm

What does that keys to a Ferrari mean? Drink inherited a solid roster. A bunch of us used the term loaded back then. He beat a down UNC and crappy USC team (barely). Looking back the Belt wasn't nearly as good as it is now and we probably need to re-examine how good we really were. Drink bolted and by all accounts didn't exactly leave us with a full cupboard. We never really agree with the grade of our recruiting classes but maybe there is something to it. We have lost that lateral pursuit defensive speed and what ever happened to the gang tackling that was our hallmark?

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:27 pm

IMO there are 4 Sun Belt teams in our division that consider App State as one of their top conference rivals. - Ga Southern, Marshall, Coastal, JMU.

Additionally, Ga Southern also has Ga State and JMU has ODU.

These four team fan bases consider it a storm the field win if they beat us. We get 3 (Marshall, Coastal and Ga Southern) out of 4 at home next year. Let’s get to work, train harder than all, portal our weakest areas, replace a few coaches, get the bounce back mojo going with the goal of playing for a conference championship in Boone next season. Take care of business at home and get a tough road win at JMU could just seal the deal.
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:39 pm

Sorry folks have gotten their feelings hurt. I have not seen families ridiculed on here. Coaches are big boys that wear the big boy pants. They should be held accountable for the lack of performance and play calls. Fired not fired, what ever. There must be accountability, Period. What we saw on several occasions going back to last year has been embarrassing at times while other times things went pretty dang good. The latter tells me the talent is there but not being consistently presented on game day. I saw a lot of teams that looked way way more prepared than our guys once the ball was kicked off and many times it took way to long to adjust or even adjust at all. Stupid calls, running up the middle on 3rd and 4th down vs Marshall was a huge failure. Then doing the same exact freaking thing last night? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. So what I have seen this year is insane. Anyone want to continue complaining go ahead, anyone want to keep lauding our blessings with status quo, go ahead. I know what it looks like to me and it's been disappointing and it has to feel the same for those boys who put the pads on each season.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:49 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:21 pm
Yosef10 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:16 pm
WASU 93 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:13 pm
And for the record, after Dashaun Davis has 1 carry against UNC and 2 against Texas A&M, our receivers had three more carries the entire season.
I thought Davis was going to be a huge weapon after the UNC game. Never really materialized.
He finished 1st on the team in receptions (37) and second in yards (441) with three TD's. With that said, it looked like he would assume the Malik Williams role after that game. (He did throw a TD pass against Troy)
Yeah, just hard for me to say a guy who had 3 touches or less in 7 of 12 games was a huge weapon. Should’ve been.

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:56 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:30 pm
Pikapp79 wrote:
bigdaddyg wrote:
Not necessarily but you need to give a coach at least 4 years to build something. If we had guys getting into trouble, academic issues and if the team was getting stomped then it's a different story.
4 year rule no longer applies in this day and age. A roster can be turned over in a single offseason now. The number one job is talent acquisition.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”