Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

It's time guys...Clark must go

yosef69
School: Appalachian State

Re: It's time guys...Clark must go

Unread post by yosef69 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:32 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:31 pm
yosef69 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:24 pm
311neers wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:20 pm
yosef69 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:18 pm
Yet another keyboard warrior that doesn’t know what he’s talking about… wait.

It’s in response to this:

Haha you beat me to it. Oh boy, ex SC players are all over this. These are TOUGH to watch, and there’s probably 50 more of those.
It’s a well done video that is a damning indictment on Clark and his stubbornness. It’s unacceptable and I’m sure Corey is right that it was prevalent for the whole of Clark’s tenure.
You should be an investigative reporter. I thought the knock on Clark was he was too buddy buddy with his players.
You should go work for a PR firm and shill for someone professionally.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:37 pm

So let's look at our situation.
A school known for rock solid academics, a championship caliber football team, and a beautiful location.
They don't have a whole lot of money to spend on coaches.
So, you look for a coach with a track record of coaching success, can bring big talent to a desirable area, and doesn't necessarily need/want a huge paycheck right now.
We need someone who can achieve at a high level. Someone who is ready for prime time.

That's right...

It's time to call Deion Sanders.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:38 pm

appst89 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:34 am
NewApp wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:28 am
appst89 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:21 am
NewApp wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:42 am
Yosefus wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:39 pm
Sorry folks have gotten their feelings hurt. I have not seen families ridiculed on here. Coaches are big boys that wear the big boy pants. They should be held accountable for the lack of performance and play calls. Fired not fired, what ever. There must be accountability, Period. What we saw on several occasions going back to last year has been embarrassing at times while other times things went pretty dang good. The latter tells me the talent is there but not being consistently presented on game day. I saw a lot of teams that looked way way more prepared than our guys once the ball was kicked off and many times it took way to long to adjust or even adjust at all. Stupid calls, running up the middle on 3rd and 4th down vs Marshall was a huge failure. Then doing the same exact freaking thing last night? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. So what I have seen this year is insane. Anyone want to continue complaining go ahead, anyone want to keep lauding our blessings with status quo, go ahead. I know what it looks like to me and it's been disappointing and it has to feel the same for those boys who put the pads on each season.

Read it again. Never said families were ridiculed. Said what is said about coaches affects families.
Lack of performance and play calling is strictly opinions by non coaches. Apply for Clark's job.
Our record is 6-6. That is not opinion. That is a direct measure of performance, or lack thereof.

We got stuffed on consecutive plays needing one yard. We ran the exact same play both times. It wasn't the first time this season where that happened. That is not opinion. There is tape of it if you missed it.
So we fire a staff because we go .500? Trust me, we will likely have more .500 years in the future. We have a tradition of winning but that doesn't mean we are invincible. I just hope the hell the players are reading this tripe.
Wait, where did anyone say anything about firing anyone? I responded specifically to your contention that there was nothing but opinion where it concerned performance and play calling. I pointed out that there are measurable and verifiable data points for both. You trying to twist what I said into something I didn't say to make a point you weren't making isn't going to fly.
That's literally the title of the thread. This year was a difficult year but I don't think we are that far away from turning things around. We had one game where we just didn't seem to show up. There were lapses and inconsistencies, and obvious weaknesses and some play calling issues. But, other than the Texas State debacle, we didn't lose a game by more than a TD. Yes, changes are likely needed and would assume forth coming but some of the hand wringing and irrational calls for the HC to be fired are nothing short knee jerk panic. And, the more I read, the more disappointed I am in our fan base. I'm not happy with 6-6 and surely hope we see improvement next year but lets be a bit more rational. Its up to Shawn to turn things around and we have give him the chance to do that.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:41 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:32 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
311neers wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:18 pm
Yet another keyboard warrior that doesn’t know what he’s talking about… wait.

It’s in response to this:

Haha you beat me to it. Oh boy, ex SC players are all over this. These are TOUGH to watch, and there’s probably 50 more of those.
It’s a well done video that is a damning indictment on Clark and his stubbornness. It’s unacceptable and I’m sure Corey is right that it was prevalent for the whole of Clark’s tenure.
You should be an investigative reporter. I thought the knock on Clark was he was too buddy buddy with his players.
You should get an actual life. I mean this to help not hurt. Your hatred of Shawn Clark is getting to stalkerish levels.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:43 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:41 pm
yosef69 wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
311neers wrote:

You should get an actual life. I mean this to help not hurt. Your hatred of Shawn Clark is getting to stalkerish levels.
Yeah, talking about a coach of my team on a message board for that team is weird. Grow up man

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:47 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:43 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
yosef69 wrote:

Yeah, talking about a coach of my team on a message board for that team is weird. Grow up man
No you’ve officially fallen into the ether. Your obsession is unhealthy. Do you really know what you want As you never specify that. You just spin and spin and spin.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:49 pm

hapapp wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:38 pm
appst89 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
appst89 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:42 am

Read it again. Never said families were ridiculed. Said what is said about coaches affects families.
Lack of performance and play calling is strictly opinions by non coaches. Apply for Clark's job.
Our record is 6-6. That is not opinion. That is a direct measure of performance, or lack thereof.

We got stuffed on consecutive plays needing one yard. We ran the exact same play both times. It wasn't the first time this season where that happened. That is not opinion. There is tape of it if you missed it.
So we fire a staff because we go .500? Trust me, we will likely have more .500 years in the future. We have a tradition of winning but that doesn't mean we are invincible. I just hope the hell the players are reading this tripe.
Wait, where did anyone say anything about firing anyone? I responded specifically to your contention that there was nothing but opinion where it concerned performance and play calling. I pointed out that there are measurable and verifiable data points for both. You trying to twist what I said into something I didn't say to make a point you weren't making isn't going to fly.
That's literally the title of the thread. This year was a difficult year but I don't think we are that far away from turning things around. We had one game where we just didn't seem to show up. There were lapses and inconsistencies, and obvious weaknesses and some play calling issues. But, other than the Texas State debacle, we didn't lose a game by more than a TD. Yes, changes are likely needed and would assume forth coming but some of the hand wringing and irrational calls for the HC to be fired are nothing short knee jerk panic. And, the more I read, the more disappointed I am in our fan base. I'm not happy with 6-6 and surely hope we see improvement next year but lets be a bit more rational. Its up to Shawn to turn things around and we have give him the chance to do that.
My bad. I should have said, "Where did Isay anything about anyone being fired."

He was clearly taking my post and trying to spin it into something I neither said nor intended to say.

AppStateMtneer

Unread post by AppStateMtneer » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:50 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:37 pm
A school known for rock solid academics, a championship caliber football team, and a beautiful location.
So, you look for a coach with a track record of coaching success, can bring big talent to a desirable area, and doesn't necessarily need/want a huge paycheck right now.
We need someone who can achieve at a high level. Someone who is ready for prime time.

That's right...

I lack common sense and humor so I hope you’re joking

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:30 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
311neers wrote:

Stalkerish applies to many more on here than just him. Thumbs up. Just wondering, do these haters think we are going to fire every coach in the future who has a .500 season?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Nov 28, 2022 3:31 pm

appst89 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:49 pm
hapapp wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:38 pm
appst89 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
appst89 wrote:

My bad. I should have said, "Where did Isay anything about anyone being fired."

He was clearly taking my post and trying to spin it into something I neither said nor intended to say.
I wasn't addressing you specifically, just to the main content of the posts in this thread as well as the title to which we all are referencing.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

hotrod2001

Unread post by hotrod2001 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:25 pm

MrCraig wrote:

That's right...

That's adorable.

ASUFan4863

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:54 pm

MrCraig wrote:

That's right...

Could you imagine the backlash if he left an HBCU to come to the mountains of NC with a 90% caucasian population lol. I thought you were gonna say Matt Rhule at first :lol:

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:07 pm

ASUFan4863 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:54 pm
MrCraig wrote:

That's right...

Could you imagine the backlash if he left an HBCU to come to the mountains of NC with a 90% caucasian population lol. I thought you were gonna say Matt Rhule at first :lol:
My post is obviously a joke, but for the reason you just stated, I hope Coach Prime stays at Jackson State forever. I think it’s really cool what he’s done there.

However, with Hugh Freeze going to Auburn… y’all reckon Cadillac Williams likes to ski? (Joking… a little…)

ASU78

Unread post by ASU78 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:33 pm

Who are candidates to be our new DC?

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:39 pm

pop5app wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:06 am
Seattleapp wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:41 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:37 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:58 pm
I know this isn’t the popular opinion as we’ve been decimated by injuries this year. Yea I know who cares. That doesn’t matter right? But if we are measured on wins and losses, our kicker doesn’t choke we are winning and going bowling. I’m prepared for the onslaught of insults I’m sure will he directed my way. But to fire Clark is sec level idiocy
We agree on a lot of things so I sincerely want to know what you’re seeing that makes you think we’re going to even be an OK team under Coach Clark. I’m seeing a 3 year downward spiral that ended with us basically going from first to worst in the Belt.
It’s been tough to watch. I guess I’m looking at personnel. Our defense looked small and slow all season. We replaced a lot of talent and the talent we brought back couldnt stay healthy. I have hated these losses as much as anyone in this board as I’m invested
Emotionally and financially as well. I hate to say it but next year is the year for Clark. If we sputter again that’s it. I agree changes may need to be made in the off-season but maybe not the ones people think
Good analysis. This year has been unwatchable, after the JMU first half. I am forced to agree that next year is it. We are forced to keep Clark now for The same reason we hired him (money). In the college financial world we really don’t have any money and going forward we will fall further and further behind. We all need to hope that Clark can learn how to coach and we can somehow continue compete.
Unwatchable? Even though I hate the losses and am just as frustrated with all of the near misses, App State football had to be the closest thing to Must See TV since NBC rolled that out in the 90's, The Carolina 4th Q, taking down A&M, Gameday and the Hail Mary, the JMU epic disappointment where we still made the stops and had the ball with a chance to win. Despite our slow starts and problematic defense, chances to win existed against Marshall, Coastal, and a Double OT Thriller where we couldn't close the deal.

(and I know what you are saying about it being hard to watch the struggles, where we have been successful before)

The one thing we can say positively about the season is that we handled adversity and competed. And, that's one thing that we may want to value in Clark and the coaching staff. The team didn't pack it in and get blown out in the last few games. They competed. Execution was lacking at times and coaching decisions could have been better, but the competed down to the final whistle in every game.

KentHogan

Unread post by KentHogan » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:04 pm

I seriously doubt Clark will be fired this year despite this season being far below our standard, I personally don’t believe he’s the coach to lead App forward to the next level.

I said during his first season that we wouldn’t win the Sun Belt with Clark, so far that has been correct.

I think Clark is a good man and he no doubt loves App State. Unfortunately, none of that makes him a good head coach.

If it’s true that we would have to pay him $5 million to fire him, that was a terrible move by Gillin.

I felt like Clark was hired because Gillin believed he would hang around and not run off to the next big job, not because he was the best coach available. That’s just my opinion. Clark hasn’t left, but we’re now a 6-6 team.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:22 pm

app80 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:57 pm
I hope our recruits don't follow this message board. Must be hard to get the caliber of athlete we need with all the negativity. I am looking forward to seeing which expert on this board will be our next coach.
I hope the recruits didn't watch the games after week 3......
The Appalachian State

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:25 pm

This question mught deserve its own thread for discussion but then again many have offered up opinions but I seriously ask this- what is the hypothetical next level some folks believe we can get to? We have had a couple of superb seasons and had we not lost to Stink at home many feel like we MIGHT have wrangled the NY6 game. We knocked odd two down P5's and beat up on what is widely considered a weaker conference than exists today. Is the next level going undefeated or 12-1 (with a CC win) every year? There is a firm assumption that the playoffs will expand enough to include a Belt champion. Is that the next level? Will we start signing 4/5 star guys? Will our football budget double or triple and will we be able to bring in a higher tier coaching staff? Does the next level include stadium expansion and App moving to a new conference? What other mid level G5 type schools our size have risen to a higher level and stayed there? Are we comparable to Cincinnati or Central Florida?

proasu89

Unread post by proasu89 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:29 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:22 pm
app80 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:57 pm
I hope our recruits don't follow this message board. Must be hard to get the caliber of athlete we need with all the negativity. I am looking forward to seeing which expert on this board will be our next coach.
I hope the recruits didn't watch the games after week 3......
If they did then they saw an opportunity to compete for playing time.
Last edited by proasu89 on Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pikapp79

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:30 pm

Clark is still coach for one reason. Can’t afford to fire him.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”