Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

It's time guys...Clark must go

proasu89
School: Appalachian State

Re: It's time guys...Clark must go

Unread post by proasu89 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:17 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:10 pm
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:05 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:58 pm
I know this isn’t the popular opinion as we’ve been decimated by injuries this year. Yea I know who cares. That doesn’t matter right? But if we are measured on wins and losses, our kicker doesn’t choke we are winning and going bowling. I’m prepared for the onslaught of insults I’m sure will he directed my way. But to fire Clark is sec level idiocy
This is not about one season or one game or one kick. There no upside with Clark. He was over his head when he got the job and has TOTALLY FAILED to grow into it.
I would love to sit down and actually talk X’s and O’s With you. Our defense was being held together with popcicle sticks and it wasn’t full of world beaters this year anyway. We put up a ton of yards tonight on offense. I threw me hat when we lost and was pissed but I can be honest with what we had out there on defense
Still doesn’t answer the question about how we can’t get a yard on 2 attempts in the first and second half. Or….why we don’t put the kicker in the middle of the field when we have timeouts left.

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:17 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:55 pm
Hope everyone in here advocating for a firing has their wallets ready to donate to the Yosef club. Put your money where your mouths are.
I’m sure many would be willing to open their wallets further if the moves are made to right the program, and I’m not personally saying that has to be SC this off-season. I’m torn on his removal. But close to wholesale changes are needed at this point. People donate when hope for the future is high and expectations for a resurrection strong. People don’t donate “on spec” that changes may be made if the money is found to pay for it.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:18 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:09 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
I know this isn’t the popular opinion as we’ve been decimated by injuries this year. Yea I know who cares. That doesn’t matter right? But if we are measured on wins and losses, our kicker doesn’t choke we are winning and going bowling. I’m prepared for the onslaught of insults I’m sure will he directed my way. But to fire Clark is sec level idiocy
Our kicker might not choke if our HC/OC run the ball to the middle to get a few yards closer and center up the kick. You know, like literally any competent coach or kid with a PlayStation controller would do. Fire ‘em.
Honestly I’m a little glad we lost this game. If we had made the kick and somehow lucked into a bowl game, that might have been enough to keep the status quo.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:18 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:06 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:04 pm
mountaineerman wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:01 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Do you want another year of giving up the 3rd and 13 for 24? This defense is really bad. Let’s start there.
Do you see who’s out there? Did you even bother to look at the injury report? The rebuilt defense has struggled, the injury replacements of the rebuilt defense have really struggled. That shouldn’t result in firing Clark
Lol homie we haven’t stopped anyone this entire year! Then lose to our rival on a 30 yard pass in the end zone with not a defender in sight. I want Clark to succeed but it’s been down hill since he got there.
[/quote

It’s sucked for sure. But our defense was gonna be questionable coming into this year anyway. And with the injuries to boot we had no margin for error.

Ncmtn

Unread post by Ncmtn » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:19 pm

We went 4-6 against the FBS and one of those was a Hail Mary bull crap win. We essentially had a losing season

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:20 pm

proasu89 wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:17 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
This is not about one season or one game or one kick. There no upside with Clark. He was over his head when he got the job and has TOTALLY FAILED to grow into it.
I would love to sit down and actually talk X’s and O’s With you. Our defense was being held together with popcicle sticks and it wasn’t full of world beaters this year anyway. We put up a ton of yards tonight on offense. I threw me hat when we lost and was pissed but I can be honest with what we had out there on defense
Still doesn’t answer the question about how we can’t get a yard on 2 attempts in the first and second half. Or….why we don’t put the kicker in the middle of the field when we have timeouts left.
It why we have slow d backs or 3 string line backers playing. I get what you saying. I see the problems.

CharlotteApp05

Unread post by CharlotteApp05 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:20 pm

Honest question. Is DJ only the DC because he is with TS daughter? Can SC not fire him because of that?

Because if that’s the case we are in even worse shape than we think we are.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:21 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:20 pm
proasu89 wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:17 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
Or why we have slow d backs or 3 string line backers playing or d lineman who can’t get pressure. I get what you saying. I see the problems. But it’s not as simple as some
Are saying

Pikapp79

Unread post by Pikapp79 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:23 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Hope everyone in here advocating for a firing has their wallets ready to donate to the Yosef club. Put your money where your mouths are.
Keep him too long and watch what happens to Yosef Club donations.

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:23 pm

BallantyneApp wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:18 pm
MrCraig wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
Our kicker might not choke if our HC/OC run the ball to the middle to get a few yards closer and center up the kick. You know, like literally any competent coach or kid with a PlayStation controller would do. Fire ‘em.
Honestly I’m a little glad we lost this game. If we had made the kick and somehow lucked into a bowl game, that might have been enough to keep the status quo.
I’m still not certain it matters. I’m afraid we might have a guy or two we always see chatting it up on the sidelines with DG or up in the C-Suite with Sheri or looking at their name(s) on the sides of athletic buildings that are really the ones calling the shots and they like “their guys” as they are, W or L.

scatman77

Unread post by scatman77 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:23 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Exactly!
We don't slide at Appalachian State. It's a sign of weakness.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:24 pm

ah59396 wrote:
When you put a winning product in the field, the money will come. Just imagine the excitement if we had carried the momentum of the first 3 weeks and we were staring at a NY6 game right now.
The Appalachian State

GreatAppSt

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:25 pm

appdaze wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:41 pm
"The termination without cause clause was also adjusted. Should Clark be fired without cause before Dec. 1, 2022, the school will pay him $5 million, which then drops to $3 million,
We will probably lose way more than 2 mil in ticket and concession sales in 23 if we keep him.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:25 pm

HkyMtneer wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:23 pm
BallantyneApp wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:18 pm
MrCraig wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
I’m still not certain it matters. I’m afraid we might have a guy or two we always see chatting it up on the sidelines with DG or up in the C-Suite with Sheri or looking at their name(s) on the sides of athletic buildings that are really the ones calling the shots and they like “their guys” as they are, W or L.
I’m pretty sure those guys like winning too.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:26 pm

Reposting from the gameday thread- Clark lost the locker room last season, facts. I don't even care to keep it behind the Lodge gates. Like Shawn a lot as a man, but if you can't uphold the greatness of App State football, you've got to go. Doug has a business decision to make, it'll cost him a lot if we have a half filled stadium and low support next season.
The Appalachian State

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:26 pm

ah59396 wrote:
If Yosef Club pays coaching salaries, then I wish I had never donated since the beginning. I thought is was for scholarships? And now, with the portal.... I don't know if I want to do that.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:27 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:30 pm
Fire Satterfield. Fire Roof. Fire Moore Oh wait.
Satterfield turned it around in less that a full season….Roof had the D kicking ass in less than a full season…this has been a full 3 year downward spiral that just keeps getting worse…we basically just played for last spot in the east and lost….I keep waiting for the “light to come on”…thought we might have turned the corner in the Georgia State game…nope…3 years…the light ain’t coming on

NoLongerLurking

Unread post by NoLongerLurking » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:28 pm

ah59396 wrote:
What if I told you there are good coaches that don't need millions?

TheAppalachianState

Unread post by TheAppalachianState » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:28 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:24 pm
ah59396 wrote:
When you put a winning product in the field, the money will come. Just imagine the excitement if we had carried the momentum of the first 3 weeks and we were staring at a NY6 game right now.
Are you saying success correlated with brand survivability for G5 programs? Interesting, certain posters on this board would say everything is fine.

Let’s see what happens next on this horror era

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:28 pm

appstatealum wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:26 pm
Reposting from the gameday thread- Clark lost the locker room last season, facts. I don't even care to keep it behind the Lodge gates. Like Shawn a lot as a man, but if you can't uphold the greatness of App State football, you've got to go. Doug has a business decision to make, it'll cost him a lot if we have a half filled stadium and low support next season.
This is true. And now Darrynton, henni and cam are on twitter seemingly digging at the coaches.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”