Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

It's time guys...Clark must go

spacemonkey
School: Appalachian State

Re: It's time guys...Clark must go

Unread post by spacemonkey » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:09 am

If Chase would have been playing for Georgia Southern last night we would have lost by 40. They missed so many wide open passes. The one thing I don't get is the offense and defensive scheme. I don't understand why we weren't blitzing on 3rd and long all year. The quarterbacks have had all day to pick us apart. Sometimes I wonder if our defensive backs are bad or are our coaches putting us in impossible situations to defend. Quarterbacks are playing us like a back yard pickup version of No blitzing (not even 1 Mississippi...2 Mississippi...3 Mississippi) It is more like 10 Mississippi with this defensive scheme.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:42 am

Yosefus wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:39 pm
Sorry folks have gotten their feelings hurt. I have not seen families ridiculed on here. Coaches are big boys that wear the big boy pants. They should be held accountable for the lack of performance and play calls. Fired not fired, what ever. There must be accountability, Period. What we saw on several occasions going back to last year has been embarrassing at times while other times things went pretty dang good. The latter tells me the talent is there but not being consistently presented on game day. I saw a lot of teams that looked way way more prepared than our guys once the ball was kicked off and many times it took way to long to adjust or even adjust at all. Stupid calls, running up the middle on 3rd and 4th down vs Marshall was a huge failure. Then doing the same exact freaking thing last night? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. So what I have seen this year is insane. Anyone want to continue complaining go ahead, anyone want to keep lauding our blessings with status quo, go ahead. I know what it looks like to me and it's been disappointing and it has to feel the same for those boys who put the pads on each season.

Read it again. Never said families were ridiculed. Said what is said about coaches affects families.
Lack of performance and play calling is strictly opinions by non coaches. Apply for Clark's job.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:21 am

NewApp wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:42 am
Yosefus wrote:
Sorry folks have gotten their feelings hurt. I have not seen families ridiculed on here. Coaches are big boys that wear the big boy pants. They should be held accountable for the lack of performance and play calls. Fired not fired, what ever. There must be accountability, Period. What we saw on several occasions going back to last year has been embarrassing at times while other times things went pretty dang good. The latter tells me the talent is there but not being consistently presented on game day. I saw a lot of teams that looked way way more prepared than our guys once the ball was kicked off and many times it took way to long to adjust or even adjust at all. Stupid calls, running up the middle on 3rd and 4th down vs Marshall was a huge failure. Then doing the same exact freaking thing last night? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. So what I have seen this year is insane. Anyone want to continue complaining go ahead, anyone want to keep lauding our blessings with status quo, go ahead. I know what it looks like to me and it's been disappointing and it has to feel the same for those boys who put the pads on each season.

Read it again. Never said families were ridiculed. Said what is said about coaches affects families.
Lack of performance and play calling is strictly opinions by non coaches. Apply for Clark's job.
Our record is 6-6. That is not opinion. That is a direct measure of performance, or lack thereof.

We got stuffed on consecutive plays needing one yard. We ran the exact same play both times. It wasn't the first time this season where that happened. That is not opinion. There is tape of it if you missed it.

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:59 am

Yosef10 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:56 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:30 pm
Pikapp79 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:24 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:52 pm
I recall driving away from Columbia a few years back after we beat USC. Tuned in to the local radio station. Fans were relentless calling for Muschamp to be fired. Obviously a much different situation especially money wise but they apparently upgraded. What we don't need even if we have the money is a revolving door which is what we started to get after Drink vamoosed. Had we brought in a big name who was in coaching limbo he probably would have gotten his 10 wins then a quick exit for a payday. I believe that coach knows the game but needs to figure out how to adjust in game situations. It just seems like we rarely check out of certain run plays even when the defense jams the box.
So it’s better to hire a guy who you don’t expect to leave and settle for average. That’s exactly what happened. Keep this up and Yosef donations will drive change.
Not necessarily but you need to give a coach at least 4 years to build something. If we had guys getting into trouble, academic issues and if the team was getting stomped then it's a different story.
4 year rule no longer applies in this day and age. A roster can be turned over in a single offseason now. The number one job is talent acquisition.
Very true! I mean, look at USC, go from pretty bare cupboard to playoff contender in one year with a coaching change and decent roster flip. People were saying it would take a few years to right the ship when Riley made the move to LA but with the portal and enough space on the roster to bring along some of his own recruits he's done it in one year. Coaching really can make that much of a difference.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:04 am

I've seen teams, games, situations, etc over the years where one side clearly had a physical advantage over the other and ran plays that just couldn't be stopped. Used to be a Skins fan for many years and back in the day Gibbs ran the counter. You knew it was coming but was so effective that many teams could not stop it. We were killing them with some misdirection and outside runs. Even Chase had some wide open opportunities. I have used the word stubborn to describe some of our apparent coaching decisions- just my observation. Like about 99% of the people here I really know nothing but my eyeballs see what they see. When you are sitting in your chair and call out a play before it happens based on the look you see (and it happens) the other team surely sees the same thing. The runs up the guy at the 325lb lineman is a head scratcher.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:34 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:04 am
I've seen teams, games, situations, etc over the years where one side clearly had a physical advantage over the other and ran plays that just couldn't be stopped. Used to be a Skins fan for many years and back in the day Gibbs ran the counter. You knew it was coming but was so effective that many teams could not stop it. We were killing them with some misdirection and outside runs. Even Chase had some wide open opportunities. I have used the word stubborn to describe some of our apparent coaching decisions- just my observation. Like about 99% of the people here I really know nothing but my eyeballs see what they see. When you are sitting in your chair and call out a play before it happens based on the look you see (and it happens) the other team surely sees the same thing. The runs up the guy at the 325lb lineman is a head scratcher.
I had a brief career as a high school basketball coach. I wasn't super successful, but my teams were above average. Never missed the playoffs. It down right astounded me how many coaches are completely enslaved by their "style" or play and are too stubborn to change anything to the detriment of their teams. My team drubbed, multiple times, a team coached by a man who had won multiple state championships. We won because he literally wouldn't let his players shoot 3 pointers. He said it was a low percentage shot. Meanwhile, my team practiced shooting 3's every single day, so we just shot uncontested 3 pointers every game and won by 20 or more. I've seen this same situation play out with coaches who ran a full court press all game, or zone defense, because that was their "identity," and their team's suffered for it because they didn't have the players to do what the coach wanted.

My point here is, I don't know what's going on in the coaches' offices at App State. But I've met a lot of coaches, and it is not too crazy to assume that App has coaches that are the same way as my fellow coach mentioned above. I think the plays you mentioned above and our first quarters against GA State and Coastal are some evidence of that stubbornness.

Parks&RecAPP

Unread post by Parks&RecAPP » Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:47 am

After reading through all 12 pages of this thread, I only have one thing to say, I am glad this season is over.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:11 am

Clock management, play choice predictability, RB rotation, no pressure on passing QB, 3rd down failures, 4th down failures....failure to use tight ends. SC needs to be involved in all aspects of the game. i never saw him interact with the defense. he has a lot of maturing to do.

GlassOnion

Unread post by GlassOnion » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:20 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:11 am
Clock management, play choice predictability, RB rotation, no pressure on passing QB, 3rd down failures, 4th down failures....failure to use tight ends. SC needs to be involved in all aspects of the game. i never saw him interact with the defense. he has a lot of maturing to do.
Exactly how involved do you want the guy? He surely gave the go ahead for the atrocious 4th and 1 attempts, he clearly had to be involved in the multiple clock management situations, going back to last year even. Multiple play by play guys the past few seasons were scratching their heads trying to figure out WTH we were doing. I'm not sure pushing a blind man from behind does him much good.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:28 am

appst89 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:21 am
NewApp wrote:
Yosefus wrote:

Our record is 6-6. That is not opinion. That is a direct measure of performance, or lack thereof.

We got stuffed on consecutive plays needing one yard. We ran the exact same play both times. It wasn't the first time this season where that happened. That is not opinion. There is tape of it if you missed it.
So we fire a staff because we go .500? Trust me, we will likely have more .500 years in the future. We have a tradition of winning but that doesn't mean we are invincible. I just hope the hell the players are reading this tripe.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:34 am

NewApp wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:28 am
appst89 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Yosefus wrote:

So we fire a staff because we go .500? Trust me, we will likely have more .500 years in the future. We have a tradition of winning but that doesn't mean we are invincible. I just hope the hell the players are reading this tripe.
Wait, where did anyone say anything about firing anyone? I responded specifically to your contention that there was nothing but opinion where it concerned performance and play calling. I pointed out that there are measurable and verifiable data points for both. You trying to twist what I said into something I didn't say to make a point you weren't making isn't going to fly.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:37 am

NewApp wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:28 am
appst89 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Yosefus wrote:

It’s really worse than .500. It’s .500 with 2 FCS wins and a Hail Mary fluke.

Realistically in FBS games this season we are a miracle away from 3-7.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:52 am

So in your mind it is a "fluke" that we won a game using a play that is practiced every week - like that doesn't really count as a win BUT you never mention the other fluke of a pass that has been one inch lower we would have also beaten UNC
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:58 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:52 am
So in your mind it is a "fluke" that we won a game using a play that is practiced every week - like that doesn't really count as a win BUT you never mention the other fluke of a pass that has been one inch lower we would have also beaten UNC
Yes. A Hail Mary is a fluke. Odds of a completion are less than 10%.

GlassOnion

Unread post by GlassOnion » Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:09 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:52 am
Ah, yes. The game our defense gave up 63 points. Let's reflect on the raging successes of that game.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:18 pm

Yet another keyboard warrior that doesn’t know what he’s talking about… wait.

It’s in response to this:

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:20 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:18 pm

Haha you beat me to it. Oh boy, ex SC players are all over this. These are TOUGH to watch, and there’s probably 50 more of those.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:24 pm

311neers wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:20 pm
yosef69 wrote:

Haha you beat me to it. Oh boy, ex SC players are all over this. These are TOUGH to watch, and there’s probably 50 more of those.
It’s a well done video that is a damning indictment on Clark and his stubbornness. It’s unacceptable and I’m sure Corey is right that it was prevalent for the whole of Clark’s tenure.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:27 pm

Happy Monday!

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:31 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:24 pm
311neers wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:20 pm
yosef69 wrote:

It’s a well done video that is a damning indictment on Clark and his stubbornness. It’s unacceptable and I’m sure Corey is right that it was prevalent for the whole of Clark’s tenure.
You should be an investigative reporter. I thought the knock on Clark was he was too buddy buddy with his players.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”