Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Hate Week 2023

Seattleapp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Hate Week 2023

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:26 am

ASUFan4863 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:23 am
For everyone that wants to keep Shawn Clark, I ask why? What do you believe is the ceiling with him at the helm? Do you only want to keep him because he is an “App guy” and we should “give a mountaineer a chance” or do you actually believe Clark is a good coach? I just don’t think Clark is a good HC personally. He doesn’t do anything special. We are a special program and school that deserves someone SPECIAL.
What a profound post

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:35 am

ASUFan4863 wrote:
For everyone that wants to keep Shawn Clark, I ask why? What do you believe is the ceiling with him at the helm? Do you only want to keep him because he is an “App guy” and we should “give a mountaineer a chance” or do you actually believe Clark is a good coach? I just don’t think Clark is a good HC personally. He doesn’t do anything special. We are a special program and school that deserves someone SPECIAL.
A combination of things for me.

I’m not convinced Shawn is the guy but he’s 26-13. I think that merits another season.

You say App State is a special program, so would Nebraska fans. They fired Bo Pellini for winning 9 games a season and spent tens of millions and 8 seasons to win 4 games a year instead.

The ex-players all say Drink was great. Cool, I believe that. I think he’s the best coach we ever had. He also left immediately to the SEC. I’d also like to date Ana de Armas, she’s not interested for some reason.

Does that mean never go after another coach? Of course not. But like it or not we need to almost always get it right. To your point we are an indecision away from being a bad program but also a decision away from it. We are strapped financially which limits our options.

We may just have to be hopeful and patient, which is a painfully unpopular stance. Doesn’t mean I like it.
YNWA

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:44 am

ah59396 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:35 am
ASUFan4863 wrote:

I’m not convinced Shawn is the guy but he’s 26-13. I think that merits another season.

You say App State is a special program, so would Nebraska fans. They fired Bo Pellini for winning 9 games a season and spent tens of millions and 8 seasons to win 4 games a year instead.

The ex-players all say Drink was great. Cool, I believe that. I think he’s the best coach we ever had. He also left immediately to the SEC. I’d also like to date Ana de Armas, she’s not interested for some reason.

Does that mean never go after another coach? Of course not. But like it or not we need to almost always get it right. To your point we are an indecision away from being a bad program but also a decision away from it. We are strapped financially which limits our options.

We may just have to be hopeful and patient, which is a painfully unpopular stance. Doesn’t mean I like it.
I just showed her this...she giggled and asked me to come back to bed.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:47 am

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:44 am
ah59396 wrote:
ASUFan4863 wrote:

I just showed her this...she giggled and asked me to come back to bed.
Put in a good word for me
YNWA

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:49 am

ASUFan4863 wrote:
For me, its because he's cleaning up a mess from Drink. Nobody else is going to do that and stay here for the salary he's getting paid. Fun fact in 2021, he was offered a P5 coaching job and turned it down (hence the extension). The back end work to clean what Drink left us was really bad. And we are reaping that now.

But, the future looks bright. Recruiting is at an all time high even after this season. Unless he loses the locker room (and I don't think he will) he belongs. Definitely needs to make some difficult decisions though.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:55 am

ah59396 wrote:
ASUFan4863 wrote:

Eh, Drink may be the best from an Xs and Os perspective. But, he is FAR from the best from a culture, recruiting, player engagement, and management of a program perspective.
tAPPedInSports.net

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:20 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:55 am
ah59396 wrote:
ASUFan4863 wrote:

Eh, Drink may be the best from an Xs and Os perspective. But, he is FAR from the best from a culture, recruiting, player engagement, and management of a program perspective.
1 year of the drink and we are still paying for it?
What will change the direction?
Why are a few people with inside info thinking it isn't going to change?
After 12 games this year and the end of last year, I am losing hope.

Just asking for a friend..... BTW, I need a drink....this season hurt to watch other than 1 game A&M

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:31 am

PhillyApp1 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:20 am
AppStateNews wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
ASUFan4863 wrote:

Just asking for a friend..... BTW, I need a drink....this season hurt to watch other than 1 game A&M
Yes. I have heard (but don't know for a fact) he spent about a million over the budget... but with some "creative" book keeping, it wasn't noticed until he was gone. This was part of the reason he told his players he wasn't leaving yet -- he wanted the ink dried first.

Add in his lack of recruiting, "stealing" donors money, and killing any kind of culture we built, he was a trainwreck...

Oh, and then add Covid which didn't help a new head coach in any way...
tAPPedInSports.net

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:54 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:31 am
PhillyApp1 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
ah59396 wrote:
ASUFan4863 wrote:

Yes. I have heard (but don't know for a fact) he spent about a million over the budget... but with some "creative" book keeping, it wasn't noticed until he was gone. This was part of the reason he told his players he wasn't leaving yet -- he wanted the ink dried first.

Add in his lack of recruiting, "stealing" donors money, and killing any kind of culture we built, he was a trainwreck...

But that can not be the reason for the results of the last 20 games?

We are being out played and coached.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:14 am

PhillyApp1 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:54 am
AppStateNews wrote:
PhillyApp1 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
ah59396 wrote:

If you don't see how 33% of your operation budget being unavailable right before a pandemic would have any impact on recruiting while trying to backfill the previous coach's inabilities to recruit, then you'll never be satisfied...
tAPPedInSports.net

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:23 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:14 am
PhillyApp1 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
PhillyApp1 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

If you don't see how 33% of your operation budget being unavailable right before a pandemic would have any impact on recruiting while trying to backfill the previous coach's inabilities to recruit, then you'll never be satisfied...
Those are not the words that you said before. You don't need to be aggressive with me.

Please tell us how the downward trend changes. I don't see much player development as in the past. I do see us getting out coached several times.

How is this going to change, is the only question I would like ideas about?

The last18- 20 games have been brutal to watch.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:28 am

PhillyApp1 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:23 am
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:14 am
PhillyApp1 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
PhillyApp1 wrote:

Those are not the words that you said before. You don't need to be aggressive with me.

Please tell us how the downward trend changes. I don't see much player development as in the past. I do see us getting out coached several times.

How is this going to change, is the only question I would like ideas about?

The last18- 20 games have been brutal to watch.
And BTW, I have a problem with a coach using a million dollars without supervision... I am positive Doug has taken care of that.

teller

Unread post by teller » Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:51 am

Instead of Rockboyz, app football is now known as the soft-bois. Hope the right changes are made and made fast!

teller

Unread post by teller » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:37 am

Also, do we get a waiver!? Per CBS:

“Following the Week 13 games, there are officially 79 bowl-eligible teams with seven slots still open. Stick with us here at CBS Sports for weekly bowl projections, College Football Rankings predictions and full coverage of the lead up to the 2022-23 bowl season.5 hours ago
https://www.cbssports.com › news
College football bowl projections: Team eligibility tracker by ... - CBS Sports”

We don’t really deserve it if we’re being honest, but are we ESPN’s darlings after having gameday and showing our strength of numbers? I do believe this team had what it takes to have been undefeated, just immature youth of the team let the early season attention/spotlight go to their heads.

AppSt12

Unread post by AppSt12 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:49 am

Shawn Clark has been an embarressment to this program. But IF for some odd reason we got invited to a bowl, it would be nice if he had the pride to decline it. We dont deserve it. We were failures, and should not accept fake rewards.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:56 am

I hope App. St. does accept a bowl invitation no matter how we get in. The results are not what the fanbase wanted, however, the kids work hard everyday and should get the opportunity. It is sad that some would want the school to decline a bowl opportunity. If you do not want them to go, do not watch the game.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

89gradX2

Unread post by 89gradX2 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:22 am

I am willing to give Coach Clark a pass, but he has to make some tough decisions with staff. That is a must. Here's the problem. Can a new DC come in and make the changes we on this board want in one year? Are we willing to give Coach Clark another 2-3 years waiting on the DC situation to work itself out?

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:38 am

ah59396 wrote:
ASUFan4863 wrote:

Admittedly, it was a quick count, but I could only find 8 wins against FBS teams that ended the season with a winning record in three seasons.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:39 am

89gradX2 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:22 am
I am willing to give Coach Clark a pass, but he has to make some tough decisions with staff. That is a must. Here's the problem. Can a new DC come in and make the changes we on this board want in one year? Are we willing to give Coach Clark another 2-3 years waiting on the DC situation to work itself out?
Based on his hires over the last 3 years, I have no faith that SC can make the correct hires to make the correct changes. We are talking about the man who hired Tony Peterson.

diehardapp18

Unread post by diehardapp18 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:49 am

89gradX2 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:22 am
It often times can be an immediate fix, yes. Either way our defense can’t possibly get any worse. Zero argument to keeping Jones. None.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”