Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Hate Week 2023

BambooRdApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Hate Week 2023

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:52 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:47 pm
GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:30 am
Final week of the season, and last chance to lock in a guaranteed bowl slot. While we do have a decent shot to make it with our current record, there’s a history of teams with two FCS wins (with 6 total wins) making a bowl due to a waiver and lack of 6 win teams, we can also block Southern from bowl eligibility with a victory.

The vitriol and crowd energy the boys will be playing in front of Saturday will out do every road game they’ve played this season. It’s an excellent opportunity to end the year on a positive, and also crush our bitterest rival’s dreams.
I don’t know about this being the most vitriol that our boys have faced. Maybe this year but the Louisiana student section is one of the worst environments around.
Yes it was...I had never seen anything like it last year.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:33 pm

We'll see how bad App wants it on Saturday.
Could say a lot about this season as well as the future.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:39 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:52 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:30 am
Final week of the season, and last chance to lock in a guaranteed bowl slot. While we do have a decent shot to make it with our current record, there’s a history of teams with two FCS wins (with 6 total wins) making a bowl due to a waiver and lack of 6 win teams, we can also block Southern from bowl eligibility with a victory.

The vitriol and crowd energy the boys will be playing in front of Saturday will out do every road game they’ve played this season. It’s an excellent opportunity to end the year on a positive, and also crush our bitterest rival’s dreams.
I don’t know about this being the most vitriol that our boys have faced. Maybe this year but the Louisiana student section is one of the worst environments around.
Yes it was...I had never seen anything like it last year.
We can beat the team I saw play Marshall last night. With that said you can throw the stats out the window on this game same as every year. I'm actually more comfortable with our defense holding them up than I am our offense lighting up the boards. If offense is successful we win. If they struggle like they did with Coastal and Marshall etc., it's the last game of the season. Honestly the defense hasn't surprised us nearly as much as the offense sputtering has. Our guys need to be pumped early and get it done. We're not good at playing from behind.
Go App!

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:44 pm

AppSt94 wrote:

I could not disagree with you any more. How many Ragin Cagin games have you attended in Lafayette??

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:30 pm

I think playing this game Thanksgiving weekend quenches the crowd affect some whether in Boone or Statesboro. The students aren't on campus for this one. It'll be interesting to see what their crowd is like considering both teams are down. Playing for bowl eligibility is big but will it be enough to bring the students back from Thanksgiving festivities?
WE ARE YOSEF!

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:10 pm

app97 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:41 am
I watched a few minutes of southern vs Marshall. Southern’s pass D looked atrocious. We all know they play out of their minds against us, but I sure hope we take advantage of their secondary more than we did against coastal and Marshall.
Their entire defense is atrocious. Check the stats on ESPN.com. Stink is at the bottom, or near it, in every defensive statistic. The only games they’ve won are ones they managed to out score their opponent. I firmly believe App’s defense will be good enough to get a few stops and win this game.

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:44 pm

Stink has a tendency to head hunt our QBs. TL and ZT can attest to this. The OL will need to protect Chase like he is their mother.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:02 pm

AppAlum1 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:44 pm
AppSt94 wrote:

I could not disagree with you any more. How many Ragin Cagin games have you attended in Lafayette??
I was at the CCG game last season. The cops were asked to stand watch over the student section the whole game.

ncman071

Unread post by ncman071 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:25 pm

I feel like we find a way saturday...if our defense plays puts lots of pressure on the qb...i think we win ....if not...and they can throw on us...hate to say it . we lose in a close one...hoping for the best.. Would be great to beat our rival...and hopefully get to a bowl...we will see

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:01 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:30 pm
I think playing this game Thanksgiving weekend quenches the crowd affect some whether in Boone or Statesboro. The students aren't on campus for this one. It'll be interesting to see what their crowd is like considering both teams are down. Playing for bowl eligibility is big but will it be enough to bring the students back from Thanksgiving festivities?
With a 6 PM kickoff, there may be more students coming back for the game.

teller

Unread post by teller » Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:46 am

Time to open the playbook wide open, pull out all the tricks. No stone left unturned!

Be nice to see the offense we saw week 1.

AppAlum1

Unread post by AppAlum1 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:14 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:02 pm
AppAlum1 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

I was at the CCG game last season. The cops were asked to stand watch over the student section the whole game.
So was I and I sat basically right beside the UL student section. They were apathetic. We had no problem with them. You must have no experience with the Iggles if that is the benchmark on which you judge unruly students.

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool

Unread post by GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool » Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:17 am

hapapp wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:01 pm
goapps93 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:30 pm
With a 6 PM kickoff, there may be more students coming back for the game.
Plus Southern is easy to get to for students who go home to Atlanta or Savannah. The place will be packed.

appfanz

Unread post by appfanz » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:13 am

AppAlum1 wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:14 am
AppSt94 wrote:
AppAlum1 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

So was I and I sat basically right beside the UL student section. They were apathetic. We had no problem with them. You must have no experience with the Iggles if that is the benchmark on which you judge unruly students.
I’m not going to rank student sections as Ga Southern is indeed terrible but I have been to Louisiana 4 times and the CCG last year was about the worst I’ve ever seen.

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:25 am

hapapp wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:14 pm
I really think its more the lack of a pass rush than it all falling on the DBs. We did get to Wolf some yesterday but it seemed as the game wore on (not talking about when the back ups were in ) we got to him less and he had a lot of time to throw. One wonders if we had a healthy Hampton and Harrington what difference that would have made for our defensive performance.
Wish we had a Blair or Meech type guy on the line. If we could get better pressure with our front 3/4, think that would help DB’s and LB’s. Seems they play the run really well, but struggle on getting pressure on the QB. I think the 3-4 defense is more effective when you have a star defensive lineman. Just 3 good d linemen won’t do it.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:33 am

Does Ga Southern view App the same way many of us view them? Is this also a general opinion by our students? There are other heated rivalries like Ohio St v Michigan which I'm sure stems to all sports. UNC v Duke and State probably equally for UNC at least in basketball but I generally don't hear of a State/Duke hatred. I never really viewed Western as a hated rival but maybe if you go back to when we were somewhat even it probably was. Could we see a shift to Coastal as more of a hated rival?

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:42 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:33 am
Does Ga Southern view App the same way many of us view them? Is this also a general opinion by our students? There are other heated rivalries like Ohio St v Michigan which I'm sure stems to all sports. UNC v Duke and State probably equally for UNC at least in basketball but I generally don't hear of a State/Duke hatred. I never really viewed Western as a hated rival but maybe if you go back to when we were somewhat even it probably was. Could we see a shift to Coastal as more of a hated rival?
Yes, they do. I live and work with lots of Stink graduates. There are 2 kinds.

One kind doesn’t care about GA Southern athletics. They are UGA fans. Always have been, always will be. The went to maybe 1 Southern game during their time in school.

The second type are die hard, live and breathe Georgia Southern types. They HATE App State, and they hate us even more when they visit Boone and see how much nicer it is than their gnat infested strip mall of a town. The only team these types hate more than App is UGA because Southern is always seen as little brother and a fallback school. These folks will definitely be in Statesboro on Saturday. The other type will be in Athens or at home watching UGA drub GA Tech.

There is no in between group. At least not that I’ve met.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:44 am

teller wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:46 am
Time to open the playbook wide open, pull out all the tricks. No stone left unturned!

Be nice to see the offense we saw week 1.
I completely disagree with you. Obviously, we aren’t coaches, but I’d use the playbook we used the last 3 quarters against GA State. Southern has the statistically worst run defense in the conference. I’d run it down their throats, use as much clock as possible, shorten the game, and keep their offense off the field. In other words, I’d do what Southern used to do.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:45 am

AppAlum1 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
AppAlum1 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

Clearly we had different experiences. It’s Thanksgiving week so I really have no desire to get into a pissing contest with you over this. Have a blessed week.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:55 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:45 am
AppAlum1 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
AppAlum1 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:

Clearly we had different experiences. It’s Thanksgiving week so I really have no desire to get into a pissing contest with you over this. Have a blessed week.
Someone's experience at a particular event is in "the eyes of the beholder" based upon their personal experience. Each of you could have had a worse experience at each venue. So, both can be correct.From my perspective, the LaLa student section behind our players benches was pathetic and LaLa should be embarrassed by the student behavior to players and staff. With that said, the entire visit, up to that point, was pretty awesome in terms of how cordial the people were in both Baton Rouge and LaLa. .... another person can say Stink, CCU experience was the worst., etc. It all up to that person's personal experience on that day, their path through campus to get to a particular stadium, who they tailgated beside, who they sat beside at the game....
Last edited by BambooRdApp on Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”