Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Cam Peoples

NewApp
School: Appalachian State

Cam Peoples

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:33 pm

Adam Witten just said that Cam is out today as far as playing. He was/will be recognized as a senior.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

appdaze

Re: Cam Peoples

Unread post by appdaze » Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:50 pm

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:35 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:33 pm
Adam Witten just said that Cam is out today as far as playing. He was/will be recognized as a senior.
Is he sitting to save himself or still hurt? He has been dinged up a lot so I could see him wanting to play it safe.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:42 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:35 pm
NewApp wrote:
I wonder if hurt or sitting out the last 2 games and possible bowl game to prevent injury? He has been dinged up a lot so I could see him wanting to play it safe.
They said on the broadcast he didn’t even practice this past week. Seems pretty hurt.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:05 pm

#rank is in RBs

https://walterfootball.com/draft2023RB.php

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/positions/RB/3/2023

In top 20
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2023 ... ing-backs/

https://www.draftcountdown.com/rankings ... ngs-shane/

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/2023- ... ng-reports

Looks like around 22-24 running backs get drafted in an average year.
https://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/rb

This class has been highly touted, so for Cam to still be on these lists says a lot about what the scouts think about him. Most likely, he is getting drafted 6th or 7th round. He has given a ton to this program, He is a redshirt junior, but I hope he goes for the draft. He is already 23 years old. He needs to get that money before it passes him by.

ASUFan4863

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:42 pm

Seems to be a direct correlation between some social media posts/likes/retweets from him and his family after Coastal to the lack of playing time recently. Not being in championship running probably doesn’t help. No need to risk injury for the myrtle beach bowl or dollar general bowl if we are all being honest here.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:58 pm

ASUFan4863 wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:42 pm
Seems to be a direct correlation between some social media posts/likes/retweets from him and his family after Coastal to the lack of playing time recently. Not being in championship running probably doesn’t help. No need to risk injury for the myrtle beach bowl or dollar general bowl if we are all being honest here.
Never heard anyone say but it looked like he took a very hard shot to his ribs last week.
I hate that players sit games and or bowls but it is what it is especially if there is any potential for life changing money.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:09 pm

He is not sitting to save himself.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:32 pm

Yosefus wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:58 pm
ASUFan4863 wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:42 pm
Never heard anyone say but it looked like he took a very hard shot to his ribs last week.
I hate that players sit games and or bowls but it is what it is especially if there is any potential for life changing money.
He was bent up pretty good on a tackle late in the game and limped back to the locker room.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:59 am

biggie wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:42 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:35 pm
NewApp wrote:
I wonder if hurt or sitting out the last 2 games and possible bowl game to prevent injury? He has been dinged up a lot so I could see him wanting to play it safe.
They said on the broadcast he didn’t even practice this past week. Seems pretty hurt.
Did they say serious injury or minor? Worst thing he can do is rush back and then get hurt worse so he missed the Senior Bowl and Combine.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:01 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:09 pm
He is not sitting to save himself.
I did not get to hear the broadcast so I was not sure. Any chance we get him back for GSU? I assumed he would sit out the rest of the season so he does not re-aggravate injury and miss any of the postseason.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 3:08 am

appdaze wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:05 pm
#rank is in RBs

https://walterfootball.com/draft2023RB.php

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/positions/RB/3/2023

In top 20
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2023 ... ing-backs/

https://www.draftcountdown.com/rankings ... ngs-shane/

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/news/2023- ... ng-reports

Looks like around 22-24 running backs get drafted in an average year.
https://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/positions/rb

This class has been highly touted, so for Cam to still be on these lists says a lot about what the scouts think about him. Most likely, he is getting drafted 6th or 7th round. He has given a ton to this program, He is a redshirt junior, but I hope he goes for the draft. He is already 23 years old. He needs to get that money before it passes him by.
Entering the year I know that NFL teams were sending in scouts who rank above just area scouts because Hampton and Peoples had such good grades. Peoples was considered a 4th-5th round pick just based on talent alone. He has not had a dominant year so I would imagine you are close with having him lower .

App changed the classes so he is really a redshirt senior who could come back for his super senior year but has no reason to. With his injuries and age, like you mentioned, he might as well take his shot.

ashugh

Unread post by ashugh » Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:57 am

Love Cam and all he has done for App. But, fact is he hasn’t had one single season without injury. I think he’ll most likely be a free agent. He can get picked up pretty cheap that way and these teams value their picks too much to use one on a guy who’s never had one season in college without at least one injury that has kept him out of multiple games. Hope I’m wrong, but he has a documented history with injury.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:08 am

ashugh wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 7:57 am
Love Cam and all he has done for App. But, fact is he hasn’t had one single season without injury. I think he’ll most likely be a free agent. He can get picked up pretty cheap that way and these teams value their picks too much to use one on a guy who’s never had one season in college without at least one injury that has kept him out of multiple games. Hope I’m wrong, but he has a documented history with injury.
I actually agree with this thought process. I hope he does get drafted, however, the body of work actually on the field does not appear to be there. No matter how he gets there, hopefully he gets a legitimate opportunity to contribute.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:15 am

I'm gonna catch hell for this take but I stand behind it.

Cam is over rated and we will be better when he is gone. Nothing he has done on the field hasn't been done before by an AppSt RB and his physical size is over rated.

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:21 am

kornegaylw wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:15 am

Cam is over rated and we will be better when he is gone. Nothing he has done on the field hasn't been done before by an AppSt RB and his physical size is over rated.
I wouldn't say overrated, he has done some things very well. I do question his durability and his capabilities.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:26 am

Longrifle28 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:21 am
kornegaylw wrote:

I wouldn't say overrated, he has done some things very well. I do question his durability and his capabilities.
That first big TD run he had in the bowl game a few years ago got us really excited as he was that first big, fast back we have had. Of course we've had great ones but never a real pro looking dude who seemed too good for us. His lack of durability has been disappointing but those things happen. He's one of those guys (like CMC) who comes with that tag- when healthy. Hope he gets a shot to make some money. I've seen many shots of him on the sideline and he always looks like he's having a great time. That video they put out last week of him shopping was pretty cool.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:29 am

kornegaylw wrote:

Ehhh, not a good take. We've had overrated players before but he doesn't fit that bill. He's had injuries holding him back as well as a dwindling OL the longer he's been here. Each passing year the blocking has degraded. I think the biggest reason he doesn't seem as flashy and big as some in the past is that he does go out on route for short passes. A lot of our other RBs have making them appear more impressive because of the extra stats. That's part on him for needing to catch better and part in our coaches and their schemes. There is a lot more that goes into his situation. So I think I will side with all the professional scouts that see him as a late round pick even after all of his "overrated" years here at App.

Side note, drafts aren't always about what you see as a fan, it's what scouts see as a fit for the NFL

Armanti was not a WR at App.
Cadet was our starter/backup QB, became a return/rb in NFL.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:30 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:26 am
Longrifle28 wrote:
kornegaylw wrote:

That first big TD run he had in the bowl game a few years ago got us really excited as he was that first big, fast back we have had. Of course we've had great ones but never a real pro looking dude who seemed too good for us. His lack of durability has been disappointing but those things happen. He's one of those guys (like CMC) who comes with that tag- when healthy. Hope he gets a shot to make some money. I've seen many shots of him on the sideline and he always looks like he's having a great time. That video they put out last week of him shopping was pretty cool.
Do you have link on him shopping? I missed it.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:31 am

Longrifle28 wrote:
kornegaylw wrote:

He can't catch. His pass blocking is non existent. He can't stay healthy. He's a primadona. He takes away palying time from other deserving RBs. He has no lateral movement and he's not that fast.

I know people are gonna say "We've never had a back with his size" and "He wears down the defense" and "He bleeds Black and Gold"...all of that may be true but when he told the coaches a couple weeks ago and this said it in a presser "I'm 100% committed to this team" it told me everything I needed to know about him. He's selfish and not the team player we need him to be. If you have to say tell it to people and the world then there are questions.

I wish him well and I hope he has success in the NFL and whatever he does in life.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”