Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Cam Peoples

RunawayJM
School: Appalachian State

Re: Cam Peoples

Unread post by RunawayJM » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:00 am

I have no idea what is going on with Cam but when he played, he played harder than anyone else on the field. What I don’t understand is why when he was healthy, he wasn’t getting touches. The kid bleeds black and gold. It’s a weird situation to try to figure out.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:52 am

RunawayJM wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:00 am
I have no idea what is going on with Cam but when he played, he played harder than anyone else on the field. What I don’t understand is why when he was healthy, he wasn’t getting touches. The kid bleeds black and gold. It’s a weird situation to try to figure out.
It is puzzling but from reports during radio broadcasts, he never stayed healthy long. He was always recuperating from various injuries including knee surgeries (according to some posters on here). He was usually placed on day to day between injuries. Not an excuse, just gleaning from what Adam and others said as well as interviews with staff. I don't claim to know the whole story. But as others have said, he is a tremendous athlete and has the team at heart 24/7.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Trock44

Unread post by Trock44 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:11 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:55 am
TheAppalachianState wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:41 am
Thankfully we have a staple of insanely good RBs.

I do think he made the right choice, this coaching is absolute dog shit. Why hurt your chances playing for a mediocre ass bowl? Love App State with all my heart, but I’d like for quality players, like Cam, like our other RBs, to play for championships and major bowl games. Anything less is unfulfilled promises
So what you're saying is that kids are provided full ride scholarships should give it their all until the team hits a rough spot and isn't eligible for a championship or a major bowl game? Once the team hits that spot and there are still games to play it's ok to bail and say screw it? At that point it's up to the other guys who have and continue to bust their asses in practice? Just not sure what you are saying.

I doubt Cam wanted to play another game where he only gets 7 carries 🫠

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:21 pm

appdaze wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:07 am
What if you had one chance in your entire life to potentially earn life changing money, would you do anything you could to try and make that chance happen? Cam is making the right decision for his life and his family. Cam if you read this you made the right decision for your future health and future potential earnings. These people on here suck at life and just want you to put your body on the line for their entertainment and don't actually give a shit about your future regardless of what they try to say or justify their selfish reasons with. Get as healthy as you can. Go get that shot at the money and let all these pathetic people cry away in their own selfish misery.
Are we sure this was the “right” decision? The NFL examines everything a potential player does. Not so sure this move, if it is as advertised, would impress a lot of the folks in the NFL.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:21 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:21 pm
appdaze wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:07 am
What if you had one chance in your entire life to potentially earn life changing money, would you do anything you could to try and make that chance happen? Cam is making the right decision for his life and his family. Cam if you read this you made the right decision for your future health and future potential earnings. These people on here suck at life and just want you to put your body on the line for their entertainment and don't actually give a shit about your future regardless of what they try to say or justify their selfish reasons with. Get as healthy as you can. Go get that shot at the money and let all these pathetic people cry away in their own selfish misery.
Are we sure this was the “right” decision? The NFL examines everything a potential player does. Not so sure this move, if it is as advertised, would impress a lot of the folks in the NFL.
The NFL is about putting the a product on the field that makes them money. That's it. There are rapists, abusers, druggies and other upstanding citizens playing in the NFL. They don't give a crap if a dude sits the last couple games to save themselves for the NFL to potentially make money off of them. Others have done the same in the oast. Don't listen to any fluffy speeches or articles that would try to tell you the NFL has a moral compass or cares about the personality of players as long as they make them money.

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:34 pm

Cam has moved on, so I will as well. Truth be told, I'm more concerned with hanging on to Nate. He's the most complete back in my opinion and will be needed to lead the way for the young guys next year. With the crap hole that is the portal, you never know who jumps ship these days.

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:35 pm

Trock44 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:11 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:55 am
TheAppalachianState wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:41 am
Thankfully we have a staple of insanely good RBs.

I do think he made the right choice, this coaching is absolute dog shit. Why hurt your chances playing for a mediocre ass bowl? Love App State with all my heart, but I’d like for quality players, like Cam, like our other RBs, to play for championships and major bowl games. Anything less is unfulfilled promises
So what you're saying is that kids are provided full ride scholarships should give it their all until the team hits a rough spot and isn't eligible for a championship or a major bowl game? Once the team hits that spot and there are still games to play it's ok to bail and say screw it? At that point it's up to the other guys who have and continue to bust their asses in practice? Just not sure what you are saying.

I doubt Cam wanted to play another game where he only gets 7 carries 🫠
So you are saying you aren't a fan of the RB rotation? *sarcasm*

Appmountaineers19
School: Other

Unread post by Appmountaineers19 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:53 pm

AppDub wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:34 pm
Cam has moved on, so I will as well. Truth be told, I'm more concerned with hanging on to Nate. He's the most complete back in my opinion and will be needed to lead the way for the young guys next year. With the crap hole that is the portal, you never know who jumps ship these days.
100% agree

Hope he stays...but doubt it (hope i'm wrong)

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:56 pm

I'd be surprised to see Noel go. Not saying he won't, but I'd be surprised... Especially if other changes are made.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:13 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 6:56 pm
I'd be surprised to see Noel go. Not saying he won't, but I'd be surprised... Especially if other changes are made.
That would be welcome news. He, Marshall and Kanye with a sprinkle of Castle would be fantastic to have in tact.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:50 pm

Parents of students have been telling about how much some of our guys love the Boone nightlife.Into the wee hours of the morning and on a regular basis.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:54 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Hope so. He is a good one and with Cam gone it’s important to keep him.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:55 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:50 pm
Parents of students have been telling about how much some of our guys love the Boone nightlife.Into the wee hours of the morning and on a regular basis.
That has been going on for as long as I can remember. Back in the 80s, 90s, and the last 15-20 years we had some big time party guys. Some of them got drafted but some of them wasted their talent and didn’t become near the players they could have. I’m sure we will always have a few players like that. Every school does.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:58 pm

AppDub wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:13 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
That would be welcome news. He, Marshall and Kanye with a sprinkle of Castle would be fantastic to have in tact.
We had 41 running back carries yesterday which was a lot. Assuming those 3 main guys play next year is a 13 carry per game enough for each to be used properly or do we go with a hot hand and let that guy tote it 22 times and hope the other 2 remain content.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:59 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:55 pm
Stonewall wrote:
That has been going on for as long as I can remember. Back in the 80s, 90s, and the last 15-20 years we had some big time party guys. Some of them got drafted but some of them wasted their talent and didn’t become near the players they could have. I’m sure we will always have a few players like that. Every school does.
Specifically , the ones mentioned on this Board the most.But to be clear I have no first hand knowledge ,just mentioned to me as "no wonder they aren't ..."

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:06 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:58 pm
AppDub wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:13 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
We had 41 running back carries yesterday which was a lot. Assuming those 3 main guys play next year is a 13 carry per game enough for each to be used properly or do we go with a hot hand and let that guy tote it 22 times and hope the other 2 remain content.
My personal preference is to not keep doing the rotation thing. I like for them to be given the chance to get into a rhythm. Chop clearly didn't like it either.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:31 am

AppStateNews wrote:
If there is a major coaching change for good or bad, you will see a lot more players jump ship. It most always happens.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:44 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:59 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:55 pm
Stonewall wrote:
Specifically , the ones mentioned on this Board the most.But to be clear I have no first hand knowledge ,just mentioned to me as "no wonder they aren't ..."
I’m not shocked if they are.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”