Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Cam Peoples

AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Re: Cam Peoples

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:59 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:57 pm
I know many of you guys really love Harrington and think he is our best back but you always mention all he has come back from and I am in 100% agreement with you on that - however, hasn't Cam come back from 2 major knee surgeries? I don't mean to compare the pain and suffering each has been through but it is usually noted about Cam as "playing thru pain" or "injury prone" - Just wanted to point that out, no other reason.
Harrington has been most injury prone for sure. I think people likely defend him more is because most players who have had his injuries would have retired but he keeps going. Harrington has to be one of the toughest players in the entire country. I would have loved to see a full season with both of them healthy every week. They are fun to watch.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:19 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:59 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
I know many of you guys really love Harrington and think he is our best back but you always mention all he has come back from and I am in 100% agreement with you on that - however, hasn't Cam come back from 2 major knee surgeries? I don't mean to compare the pain and suffering each has been through but it is usually noted about Cam as "playing thru pain" or "injury prone" - Just wanted to point that out, no other reason.
Harrington has been most injury prone for sure. I think people likely defend him more is because most players who have had his injuries would have retired but he keeps going. Harrington is by far the toughest player in the RB room but when Peoples is healthy he is the toughest to stop. Both are great players though. I would have loved to see a full season with both of them healthy every week. They are fun to watch.
Believe me - I agree with 100% - it is just irritating to read some of the comments from "fans" who question someone's heart, etc.
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:12 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:19 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
Harrington has been most injury prone for sure. I think people likely defend him more is because most players who have had his injuries would have retired but he keeps going. Harrington is by far the toughest player in the RB room but when Peoples is healthy he is the toughest to stop. Both are great players though. I would have loved to see a full season with both of them healthy every week. They are fun to watch.
Believe me - I agree with 100% - it is just irritating to read some of the comments from "fans" who question someone's heart, etc.
He has heart for sure and loves the game. The only negative anyone has said is that he tends to have the track mentality where he shows a low tolerance for pain and isn't tough to play through minor pains. Having track mentality does not mean a player does not have heart. There can be varying reasons for that as well.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:21 pm

Track mentality could also mean he doesn't want a career ending injury the year before he has a shot at a career and playing when you aren't 100% has to increase the risk.
Gotta respect that. He is one that could have a legit shot at the next level. I think he has been a good representative of the team and school, certainly takes the time to mug with the kids and always very personable.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:00 pm

I don't like folks on this board bashing our players either with regard to injuries and heart. We don't know what these guys are dealing with in many situations. I do know that they have to put in a lot of sacrifices to be on the team and especially to be a starter or play significant time. You have to admire their commitment and sacrifices. I don't think it our position to question their heart because you think they aren't fighting through some injury. You just don't know what they are dealing with to be able to say that. I do know that most college or pro football players have many residual physical issues later in life due to the wear and tear they experienced during their playing careers.

App1982

Unread post by App1982 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:57 pm

I agree. Quit bashing out players. They all work hard and need our support.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:02 am

mike87 wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:21 pm
Track mentality could also mean he doesn't want a career ending injury the year before he has a shot at a career and playing when you aren't 100% has to increase the risk.
Gotta respect that. He is one that could have a legit shot at the next level. I think he has been a good representative of the team and school, certainly takes the time to mug with the kids and always very personable.
Coaches and scouts don't use that term lightly. It is not a huge knock and I think some of you are making it out to be a bigger deal than others. He is not the only one and I just bring it up because perhaps he has held out of more games than he has to because he is being extra careful and they call it the track mentality in football. I almost typed out all the info that NFL teams have about him off the field but I won't since I was trust with it. Just know that despite that issue there is a lot of positive about him and he is a lot like many other skill players with his talent. As long as he has a good postseason then he will get drafted. It is hard to find a running back with his size and talent. I think some make it seem when a negative is brought up that it is hate on a player but I don't think anyone at App or on here is pulling against him. I hope he improves his stock and has a long NFL career.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:15 am

Here's an interesting take from one of our own on the subject- https://theappalachianonline.com/opinio ... -injuries/

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:23 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:02 am
mike87 wrote:
Coaches and scouts don't use that term lightly. It is not a huge knock and I think some of you are making it out to be a bigger deal than others. He is not the only one and I just bring it up because perhaps he has held out of more games than he has to because he is being extra careful and they call it the track mentality in football. I almost typed out all the info that NFL teams have about him off the field but I won't since I was trust with it. Just know that despite that issue there is a lot of positive about him and he is a lot like many other skill players with his talent. As long as he has a good postseason then he will get drafted. It is hard to find a running back with his size and talent. I think some make it seem when a negative is brought up that it is hate on a player but I don't think anyone at App or on here is pulling against him. I hope he improves his stock and has a long NFL career.
You used the term twice in this thread in reference to Cam. Not trying to pick at you specifically just slow the negative roll about a really talented player and class act guy.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:56 am

I think we have all gone where we should not have in this whole thing. It may just be a good idea to take this one down and wipe it clean. He is a good kid and we are really not doing anything constructive with all our speculation. I know none of us have bad intentions but we have not produced any positives here. If this thing can be taken down I just think that would be a good idea.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:22 am

mike87 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:23 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:02 am
mike87 wrote:
You used the term twice in this thread in reference to Cam. Not trying to pick at you specifically just slow the negative roll about a really talented player and class act guy.
That was the only negative thing that has popped up on him by NFL teams. I mentioned it because people made comment of how he is hurt all the time. There is a lot of good about him and I have been one who has said a lot of it. I am pulling for him but his tolerance for pain being real low is just an observation made by NFL teams.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:42 am

bcoach wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:56 am
I think we have all gone where we should not have in this whole thing. It may just be a good idea to take this one down and wipe it clean. He is a good kid and we are really not doing anything constructive with all our speculation. I know none of us have bad intentions but we have not produced any positives here. If this thing can be taken down I just think that would be a good idea.
I agree. Too many opinions made where people do not even know the kid... from all persoectives.. either it be not knowing the kid, personality, extent of injuries, etc.... people commenting based on information they heard from a guy that knows a guy that has a friend that knows a guy that may have attended a game that knows a guy ..okay my source is golden..... regardless, just not great to see thread with some of the comments.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:01 am

Could you imagine being a 21ish year old young person who loves his/her university and plays a sport AND happens to come across a discussion board thread with their name on it? Then they read crap written about them by people who claim to be fans and supporters of the same university? Crap written by butt-hurt old farts who don't like the effort perceived by them about this 21ish year old fellow App? Wow this is really embarrassing and I personally wish this thread could be deleted altogether. No matter what the reasons are for Cam not playing it's a horrible look to even discuss it.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:05 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:01 am
Could you imagine being a 21ish year old young person who loves his/her university and :D :D plays a sport AND happens to come across a discussion board thread with their name on it? Then they read crap written about them by people who claim to be fans and supporters of the same university? Crap written by butt-hurt old farts who don't like the effort perceived by them about this 21ish year old fellow App? Wow this is really embarrassing and I personally wish this thread could be deleted altogether. No matter what the reasons are for Cam not playing it's a horrible look to even discuss it.
But, but, but…. That’s what message boards are for. :D

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:38 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Could you imagine being a 21ish year old young person who loves his/her university and plays a sport AND happens to come across a discussion board thread with their name on it? Then they read crap written about them by people who claim to be fans and supporters of the same university? Crap written by butt-hurt old farts who don't like the effort perceived by them about this 21ish year old fellow App? Wow this is really embarrassing and I personally wish this thread could be deleted altogether. No matter what the reasons are for Cam not playing it's a horrible look to even discuss it.
People should certainly not crap on a player but noting his missed time is fair. The most important ability is your availability and for a big back he has missed a lot of time. The NFL leans on bigger players because small players tend to be the ones with injuries often but a massive runner like Cam (6'2, 225) has had a lot of injuries. I hope he finds a way to stay healthy because the NFL will chew you up and spit you out if you miss a lot of time.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:58 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:05 am
bigdaddyg wrote:
Could you imagine being a 21ish year old young person who loves his/her university and :D :D plays a sport AND happens to come across a discussion board thread with their name on it? Then they read crap written about them by people who claim to be fans and supporters of the same university? Crap written by butt-hurt old farts who don't like the effort perceived by them about this 21ish year old fellow App? Wow this is really embarrassing and I personally wish this thread could be deleted altogether. No matter what the reasons are for Cam not playing it's a horrible look to even discuss it.
But, but, but…. That’s what message boards are for. :D
Everybody knows message boards are for telling people they aren’t allowed to have an opinion because they just don’t understand.

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:53 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:25 am
kornegaylw wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:31 am
Longrifle28 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:21 am
kornegaylw wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:15 am
I'm gonna catch hell for this take but I stand behind it.

Cam is over rated and we will be better when he is gone. Nothing he has done on the field hasn't been done before by an AppSt RB and his physical size is over rated.
I wouldn't say overrated, he has done some things very well. I do question his durability and his capabilities.
He can't catch. His pass blocking is non existent. He can't stay healthy. He's a primadona. He takes away palying time from other deserving RBs. He has no lateral movement and he's not that fast.

I know people are gonna say "We've never had a back with his size" and "He wears down the defense" and "He bleeds Black and Gold"...all of that may be true but when he told the coaches a couple weeks ago and this said it in a presser "I'm 100% committed to this team" it told me everything I needed to know about him. He's selfish and not the team player we need him to be. If you have to say tell it to people and the world then there are questions.

I wish him well and I hope he has success in the NFL and whatever he does in life.
You couldn't be more wrong in your assessment of Cam. He is anything but a primadona. He is always supportive of his team mates and always gave his all for App.
I never said he didn't give his all or supportive of his teammates. I said he was always in search of the limelight.

Also go look up the definition of "primadonna" then look at Cams social media and his comments the past 4 years and tell me I'm wrong.

As always I wish him the absolute best in whatever he does in the future and I thank him for his time at App.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:08 pm

kornegaylw wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:53 pm
t4pizza wrote:
kornegaylw wrote:
Longrifle28 wrote:
kornegaylw wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:15 am
I'm gonna catch hell for this take but I stand behind it.

Cam is over rated and we will be better when he is gone. Nothing he has done on the field hasn't been done before by an AppSt RB and his physical size is over rated.
I wouldn't say overrated, he has done some things very well. I do question his durability and his capabilities.
He can't catch. His pass blocking is non existent. He can't stay healthy. He's a primadona. He takes away palying time from other deserving RBs. He has no lateral movement and he's not that fast.

I know people are gonna say "We've never had a back with his size" and "He wears down the defense" and "He bleeds Black and Gold"...all of that may be true but when he told the coaches a couple weeks ago and this said it in a presser "I'm 100% committed to this team" it told me everything I needed to know about him. He's selfish and not the team player we need him to be. If you have to say tell it to people and the world then there are questions.

I wish him well and I hope he has success in the NFL and whatever he does in life.
You couldn't be more wrong in your assessment of Cam. He is anything but a primadona. He is always supportive of his team mates and always gave his all for App.
I never said he didn't give his all or supportive of his teammates. I said he was always in search of the limelight.

Also go look up the definition of "primadonna" then look at Cams social media and his comments the past 4 years and tell me I'm wrong.

As always I wish him the absolute best in whatever he does in the future and I thank him for his time at App.
ok, you are wrong. And I think vast majority of people agree with me on this one. There really is no need for you to question any of our players or call them names.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:41 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 2:19 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
WVAPPeer wrote:
Even disgusting and disheartening to the athletes who follow this board. Even the least enthusiastic of the athletes have 10X the heart of those MMB'ers who post and criticize on this board.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:42 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:08 pm
kornegaylw wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:53 pm
t4pizza wrote:
kornegaylw wrote:
Longrifle28 wrote:

ok, you are wrong. And I think vast majority of people agree with me on this one. There really is no need for you to question any of our players or call them names.
I beg you to come with examples of where I'm wrong. Please. I've watched every snap of every game Cam has played in. Many of them more than once.

You can't, because they don't exist.

There may be a majority of people who do agree with you and that's fine. I don't care. I said that in my first post

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”