Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Cam Peoples

t4pizza
School: Appalachian State

Re: Cam Peoples

Unread post by t4pizza » Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:58 pm

For purposes of this post I will use the following definition of your word primadona as found online:

"a vain or undisciplined person who finds it difficult to work under direction or as part of a team"

Saying he is a primadona is just wrong, the very fact that he is always encouraging of all the other players on the team demonstrates that he is a team player. Look what RB is always the first to congratulate any other RB that makes a big play or score a td. It is always Cam. In addition to that, he doesn't make undisciplined mistakes nor have I ever heard any coach or teammate say anything other than Cam is a great teammate that gives his all. So yeah, not a primadona. Not sure why you want to die on this hill but you are just plain wrong and calling out our kids that you have no clue about on any personal level is just wrong. If you can't see that, then you've got some issues to resolve.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:51 pm

App1982 wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:57 pm
I agree. Quit bashing out players. They all work hard and need our support.
For sure. No reason to bash players or thinly disguise bashing as critiquing.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:57 pm

As to Cam and the NFL and injuries. Cam has taken some really hard shots from SunBelt defensive men but he will get them every play in the NFL. He could very well get some chances to make an NFL squad but I don't see him with his injuries lasting very long. Having said that, he is a sure talent and skilled athlete and has never shown me a negative attitude. Regardless, he has given us a lot to be proud of with him having worn the ASU uniform.
As Gump said...that's all I have to say about that and I unfortunately started the thread that lead to the undeserved Cam bashing. And yes, it was definitely bashing.
Google SUX

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:49 pm

As of right now, Cam is getting drafted. Unless his injury is really serious and he can't participate in the Senior Bowl (I don't believe it is), he'll make a squad. You can't teach/coach his intangibles. A team will take a chance.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:00 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:49 pm
As of right now, Cam is getting drafted. Unless his injury is really serious and he can't participate in the Senior Bowl (I don't believe it is), he'll make a squad. You can't teach/coach his intangibles. A team will take a chance.
Make the full game roster? I don't claim to know one way or the other but I know the NFL teams like consistency and he has shown explosiveness and desire but no where near consistency.
Google SUX

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:19 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Indeed. Whether he lasts long or not or is active on Sundays is up to him staying healthy but someone will definitely take a chance on him. You can’t teach his tools.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:22 pm

NewApp wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:00 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Make the full game roster? I don't claim to know one way or the other but I know the NFL teams like consistency and he has shown explosiveness and desire but no where near consistency.

He just said he would get drafted and be given a shot as long as he stays healthy. Perhaps he gets to NFL and is always hurt so he doesn’t make it long term but a team will take a flyer on him due to his tools.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:46 am

If you are poor catching a pass or blocking and frequently injured I can’t imagine anything other than a late round pick or UDFA. And I’m a Cam fan.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:03 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:46 am
If you are poor catching a pass or blocking and frequently injured I can’t imagine anything other than a late round pick or UDFA. And I’m a Cam fan.
I agree. I hope Cam and every other App. St. player gets drafted. It would be great for program. I do not see any of our guys getting drafted other than Hampton....and that after 5th round. Not knock on players, just my honest opinion.
Hopefully some get good opportunities as UDFA...good being the team needs players at the position they play versus being loaded at the position the team they sign.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:30 am

BambooRdApp wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:03 am
Rekdiver wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:46 am
I agree. I hope Cam and every other App. St. player gets drafted. It would be great for program. I do not see any of our guys getting drafted other than Hampton....and that after 5th round. Not knock on players, just my honest opinion.
Hopefully some get good opportunities as UDFA...good being the team needs players at the position they play versus being loaded at the position the team they sign.
Unless Hampton doesn't perform well at senior bowl, he will be drafted by round 4 at the latest. He has a solid chance to make himself a day 2 pick with a good showing at senior bowl and combine.
tAPPedInSports.net

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:57 am

AppStateNews wrote:

It's not THIS injury that bothers some of us. It's the constant injuries big and small that are worrisome and telling.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:59 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:19 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Indeed. Whether he lasts long or not or is active on Sundays is up to him staying healthy but someone will definitely take a chance on him. You can’t teach his tools.
How much of a chance? High round or low round? Free agent? Big signing bonus or small? What?
Google SUX

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:00 am

NewApp wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:57 am
AppStateNews wrote:

It's not THIS injury that bothers some of us. It's the constant injuries big and small that are worrisome and telling.
Understand. But, unless THIS injury is worse than expected or he performs poorly at senior bowl and/or combine, he will get drafted.

My point remains the same. A team will take a chance.
tAPPedInSports.net

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:39 am

You mean the two knee surgeries???
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:32 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:22 pm
NewApp wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

He just said he would get drafted and be given a shot as long as he stays healthy. Perhaps he gets to NFL and is always hurt so he doesn’t make it long term but a team will take a flyer on him due to his tools.
Yes, I know what he said at least as far as the way I interpreted it . Staying healthy will not just be trying on his part. All he can do is stay in shape and not take risks off the field. His risk of injury is ten fold when facing, the size, strength, and skills of NFL defenses. None of us know for sure, but we shall see what we shall see. We'll see what kind of draft level he makes and if he is cut or not. .
On the positive side...ALL of us wish him the best. Right?

Just my opinion.
Google SUX

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:37 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:59 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
How much of a chance? High round or low round? Free agent? Big signing bonus or small? What?
I don’t see high round. My guess is 5th or 6th round but could drop or rise with good Senior Bowl and Combine.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:39 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:32 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:22 pm
NewApp wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

Yes, I know what he said at least as far as the way I interpreted it . Staying healthy will not just be trying on his part. All he can do is stay in shape and not take risks off the field. His risk of injury is ten fold when facing, the size, strength, and skills of NFL defenses. None of us know for sure, but we shall see what we shall see. We'll see what kind of draft level he makes and if he is cut or not. .
On the positive side...ALL of us wish him the best. Right?

Just my opinion.
No doubt we all wish him the best. If someone says they don’t think he makes it as I take as they said. They don’t think he will. Haven’t heard one person say they hope he doesn’t make it.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:40 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:37 pm
NewApp wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:59 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
I don’t see high round. My guess is 5th or 6th round but could drop or rise with good Senior Bowl and Combine.
I say good luck to him and hope he gets a good shot at the big time.
On a more current note does anyone know if he is available to play today?

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:05 pm

Someone last week said he wouldn't be.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:09 pm

Adam just said no Cam tonight.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”