Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

What’s the point of continuing with CB?

ASUTed

What’s the point of continuing with CB?

Unread post by ASUTed » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:26 pm

We are obviously headed nowhere this year, our QB is clearly ineffective. What exactly is the point of not getting a young QB some time under center? Just shear stubbornness or what? It really doesn’t matter what happens in practice now, we are done, 5-5, we need to be preparing for next year. They have nearly benched Peoples , 8 carries, but somehow CB keeps getting every snap. Mostly had time today and couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn.

appbio91
School: Appalachian State

Re: What’s the point of continuing with CB?

Unread post by appbio91 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:43 pm

ASUTed wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:26 pm
We are obviously headed nowhere this year, our QB is clearly ineffective. What exactly is the point of not getting a young QB some time under center? Just shear stubbornness or what? It really doesn’t matter what happens in practice now, we are done, 5-5, we need to be preparing for next year. They have nearly benched Peoples , 8 carries, but somehow CB keeps getting every snap. Mostly had time today and couldn’t hit the broad side of a barn.
:lol:, had time? :lol:

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:45 pm

Brice is a solid QB but interesting how some went from saying after A&M and UNC that he could get drafted and is a NFL guy to people not saying he is bad. He was never a draftable player but could have played into it. He just did not do that but I don't fully blame him. I truly believe it is coaching. I think Gillin needs to take a poll with the team and see what they think. I wonder how many on the team want a coaching change at this point?

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:50 pm

ASUTed wrote:
When Brice had time it was because he made time. This isn't anywhere on Brice. It's 100% on the o line.

And Cam was injured. Looked like a stinger where he temporarily lost feeling in one of his extremities. Unless you're suggesting they potentially ruin the kids career... We aren't Coastal...
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:50 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:45 pm
Brice is a solid QB but interesting how some went from saying after A&M and UNC that he could get drafted and is a NFL guy to people not saying he is bad. He was never a draftable player but could have played into it. He just did not do that but I don't fully blame him. I truly believe it is coaching. I think Gillin needs to take a poll with the team and see what they think. I wonder how many on the team want a coaching change at this point?
Chase is the most visible guy on offense. He and the center are the only 2 players on the field to touch the ball every play, and only 1% of posters on this board are even remotely qualified to speak to oline performance (in depth). So, he gets the blame whether fairly or unfairly. The backup qb is always the most popular guy on any football team.

On the one hand, I can see giving Berger more snaps, just to prepare him for next season. On the other, you could argue Chase has given his all and deserves to finish out the season. Also, putting Berger in behind this line may do more damage to him than good. He’s likely running for his life out there.

Chase has been a hell of a player for App State, and a great spokesman for the university. There have been some games where his arm has been the reason we won. He had an off game tonight, but just about any qb would have an off game against the constant pressure he faced.
Give 'em hell!

App_in_Maiden

Unread post by App_in_Maiden » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:56 pm

Get out of here. That guy gives it his ALL every game. They aren’t always going to be the best games, but he deserves to finish this season out. He’s what you want every player to put on the black and gold to model. Watching him run before our 2nd score when he lowers his head and puts his body on the line to try to get to the end zone is the heart of a true mountaineer.
“I don’t like talking to people I know, but strangers I have no problem with.” -Larry David

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:57 pm

It’s simple. Chase deserves to finish out his career on the field. He’s earned that.
YNWA

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:58 pm

CB can be a great QB, but he is a bad fit for our offense. Teams have learned to blitz like crazy due to his lack of mobility. The RPO game which is a building block of what we want to due is completely ineffective and has led to teams solely focusing on our backs in obvious run downs. I think he can be a great QB in a more "pro style" offense, but his lack of mobility is killing us in what we want to do. Just a square peg/round hole scenario.
Appalachian State, Better than your school since 1899!!!!

ASUPATCH

Unread post by ASUPATCH » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:01 pm

I think he deserves to finish the season. But Iif any scores get out of hand, they should pull him quickly to get reps for Berger. I doubt our staff goes for a true pocket passer in the future. We just aren't built for his style of QB to succeed in our offense.
Appalachian State, Better than your school since 1899!!!!

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:08 pm

BeauFoster wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:50 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:45 pm
Chase is the most visible guy on offense. He and the center are the only 2 players on the field to touch the ball every play, and only 1% of posters on this board are even remotely qualified to speak to oline performance (in depth). So, he gets the blame whether fairly or unfairly. The backup qb is always the most popular guy on any football team.

On the one hand, I can see giving Berger more snaps, just to prepare him for next season. On the other, you could argue Chase has given his all and deserves to finish out the season. Also, putting Berger in behind this line may do more damage to him than good. He’s likely running for his life out there.

Chase has been a hell of a player for App State, and a great spokesman for the university. There have been some games where his arm has been the reason we won. He had an off game tonight, but just about any qb would have an off game against the constant pressure he faced.
It is definitely not all Brice for sure! I think giving Ryan reps by splitting time would be the best thing. I don't want to just bench Brice completely because of all he has done for us but I think we need to see Ryan for sure.

HurricaneYosef

Unread post by HurricaneYosef » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:12 pm

Chase has given his all for Appalachian and I will fully support letting him finish this season out.

AppSt12

Unread post by AppSt12 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:15 pm

All anger placed on chase is misplaced. This is a Shawn Clark problem. He is low IQ, he is a great 'get hyped im your buddy coach" and that is where it ends. He would be great to have on staff, but not as a head coach. He doesnt command the respect of one, nor does he have the skillset. He was handed 3 teams loaded with veterans and he has gone 3-12 vs teams we are +/- 7 point favorites or underdogs...he gave us our first bowl loss, won 0 championships, recruited nobody and has shown 0 ability to make adjustments.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:15 pm

I posted during the game maybe we should use Berger to add a runner. I think Chase is as good a QB as we have had and thankful he came to App.
It was funny shortly after they did start running Chase some, some of that was just Chase scrambling out of desperation though. At this point now Chase needs to finish out, 2-3 more games and be forever in App history MOM#2 Hail Mary.
The big concern is hanging on to Berger and Robert's. If recruiting and transfers in for next season aren't spot on we will be bottom dwellers for years to come regardless of who QB or coaches are.

TractorApp

Unread post by TractorApp » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:26 pm

Chase Brice, or any other player, is not bigger than the program. Do what is in the best interest of the program. If Chase is the type player that I think he is, he will rally around his teammates and cheer and coach them up.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:31 pm

Chase needs to stay in and finish out. I hope Cam is OK but not playing all out often leads to injuries, haven't seen a lot of that from him except GaSt. Noel is all out but to small to make big plays thru the line. Chop plays all out let him start and stay in more.

appstatealum

Unread post by appstatealum » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:36 pm

ASUTed wrote:
Chase isn't the problem.
The Appalachian State

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:45 pm

We have played other teams who brought in a running QB in certain situations (see Coastal) and they were effective AND the starter didn't lose his job. We could have done this as well but apparently the coaches felt that Chase was good enough to lumber down the field a few times. He absolutely plays his ass off every game and has been great.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:46 pm

It is time to work on 2023 .The how is up to HCSC .

TheAppalachianState

Unread post by TheAppalachianState » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:55 pm

Season may be in shambles, but Brice deserves to finish this season 100%. Dude has heart and has been a GREAT Mountaineer to us. Wish he could’ve gone perfect this season, but I’m blaming the coaching on poor preparations. They may have good relationships with the players, but this has been horrendous

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:57 pm

Wrong skill set for this team. Coachs know it , took a gamble , didn't work out.
Last edited by Stonewall on Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”