Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Pure Class. Football more than Ws & Ls

WXAPP
School: Appalachian State

Pure Class. Football more than Ws & Ls

Unread post by WXAPP » Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:29 pm

Pure class and respect for Marshall. On the gridiron they may be a rival. But, in the fraternity of football, equals. This friends is what football teaches. It's more than just Ws or Ls. Some fans (of all schools) need to learn a lesson about the big picture of respect, class, empathy and football.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-11-12 at 2.27.56 PM.jpg
Twitter: @wxcrum

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Re: Pure Class. Football more than Ws & Ls

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:56 pm

WXAPP thanks for posting this - I had posted this in another thread but didn't know if you had seen it - I don't know anyone from the state of WV (with a brain) who is old enough to remember this that doesn't have a special place in their heart for Marshall ---

Absolutely a overwhelming sorrowful time in the state of West Virginia. On an overall level as well as personal level. My high school coach Jim Moss who had played at WVU and was the OC for The Herd and although he wasn't a personal friend, Dennis Blevins, from Bluefield. He went to Park Central, the all-black high school, but in a small town we had played against each other many times. If he had chosen to go Bluefield HS - which was somewhat integrated - like some of the other African-American athletes, he would have been recognized as maybe the best athlete in the State.
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

WXAPP

Unread post by WXAPP » Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:35 pm

I do recall it from younger years; I was 6. Dad was on football staff at Miami University (DC). I recall real deep sadness with mom and dad. Miami and Marshall played each other on regular basis back then. In the football world of the early 70s, coaches in the region all knew each other.

When Miami U was to fly to Forida for the Tangerine Bowl, on Southern Airways, The university had the team and coaches fly on one plane, and the families and other boosters fly on another. They didn't want everyone on one plane. I can remember mom bering really nervous as we traveled to the Cincinnati airport for the families charter.

It wasn't until I was in the theater watching "We Are Marshall", that I started recalling that time in my young life. I have a lot of friends from W.VA and they all recall the horror of that crash and the loss. You lived there, you felt more deeply than I did. It remains, as you know, a profoundly sad date each year.
Twitter: @wxcrum

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:19 pm

I was 7 and don't remember it. Fitting for them to kick our tails today to honor those lost in the crash. Glad they are in the conference. Hats off to the Thundering Herd for a big win for them.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”