Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Second ever App state game

AppalachianInMyVeins
School: Other

Second ever App state game

Unread post by AppalachianInMyVeins » Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:17 pm

I’ve been a lurker for a while but try to check the site semi regularly. Several of my cousins went to App State during the Armani Edwards years and when I went to their graduation I fell in love with Boone/blowing rock. Haven’t been back to a game since but want to take my future wife on our honeymoon to the James Madison game. What would yall recommend for a reputable ticket seller? Any particular seats/sides to look for to make sure I’m with mountaineer fans? And finally, we’re only stopping through for a couple of days so besides Daniel Boone inn, hiking, tweetsie, is there anything yall would recommend stopping to see and do? Thanks in advance! And mods/firemoose if this breaks any rules feel free to delete.

Stonewall
School: Appalachian State

Re: Second ever App state game

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:21 pm

Wiseman’s View , Brown Mountain Lights , Linville Falls , all free to visit …

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:27 pm

Grandfather Mountain is pretty cool. Howard's Knob.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:11 am

AppalachianInMyVeins wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:17 pm
I’ve been a lurker for a while but try to check the site semi regularly. Several of my cousins went to App State during the Armani Edwards years and when I went to their graduation I fell in love with Boone/blowing rock. Haven’t been back to a game since but want to take my future wife on our honeymoon to the James Madison game. What would yall recommend for a reputable ticket seller? Any particular seats/sides to look for to make sure I’m with mountaineer fans? And finally, we’re only stopping through for a couple of days so besides Daniel Boone inn, hiking, tweetsie, is there anything yall would recommend stopping to see and do? Thanks in advance! And mods/firemoose if this breaks any rules feel free to delete.
If interested. I’ve got two tickets in 212. Upper deck on the State side. I’ll sell them for what the school sells single game tickets for.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:22 am

The best place to buy tickets is through the App State athletics website. If they sell out, I'd try to find people on here selling their tix. Stubhub/Vivid Seats would be my last option. Don't do anything through Facebook. That place is rife with scammers.

And if you're beer drinkers, all of the breweries in Boone are on a range from very good to great.

EastHallApp

Unread post by EastHallApp » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:12 am

Good tips here ^. I would add that if you're looking to buy direct from App, check the public on-sale date for single-game tickets and be online right when they go on sale. If you get stuck buying from Stubhub etc., expect to pay scalper prices.

If I could recommend one siteseeing thing, it would probably be Grandfather Mountain. Lots of hiking, overlooks, picnic areas, the swinging bridge... you can make a day of it if you want. Downtown Blowing Rock is great on a nice day, though parking is tough.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:37 pm

Agree with these. If you want a short hike to get a great view of the sunrise. Hard to beat Beacon Heights..off the parkway..
For a less than hour hike ...Rough Ridge..off the parkway
Hit Beacon Heights for sunrise, then on way back towards Boone on the parkway, stop at Rough Ridge parking.
For the downtown experience, Blowing Rock is good..West Jefferson is coming along as well.

Hebron Rock Colony is also a good place to visit. Easy hike for most part until you get down near river. Once you get to rock formations, you can hop from boulder to boulder.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

704App

Unread post by 704App » Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:49 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:37 pm
Hebron Rock Colony is also a good place to visit. Easy hike for most part until you get down near river. Once you get to rock formations, you can hop from boulder to boulder.
I haven't been in years so I can't confirm, but I have been told Hebron is gone. It was apparently always private property and the owners no longer want people using it.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:14 pm

704App wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:49 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:37 pm
I haven't been in years so I can't confirm, but I have been told Hebron is gone. It was apparently always private property and the owners no longer want people using it.
You have to park at Price Park and have a longer hike. I have done it several times in past 5 years.
But, yes, the parking on the side of the road near Hebron area coming from 105 is off limits unless you get extremely lucky... you will be towed ..your hike will be extended 😂😂
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppalachianInMyVeins

Unread post by AppalachianInMyVeins » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:20 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:11 am
If interested. I’ve got two tickets in 212. Upper deck on the State side. I’ll sell them for what the school sells single game tickets for.
Absolutely interested in that. If possible can I DM you over the weekend about them? Thank you for the offer!

AppalachianInMyVeins

Unread post by AppalachianInMyVeins » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:22 pm

Thank you everyone for the advice! I’m excited to get back up there, we’re both from Florida. Gonna be staying pretty close to Boone for the weekend but going to spend a day showing her blowing rock, and love all the hiking recommendations!

AppalachianInMyVeins

Unread post by AppalachianInMyVeins » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:26 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:22 am
And if you're beer drinkers, all of the breweries in Boone are on a range from very good to great.
Excellent, I was too young to do any drinking the last game I was able to go to, but will definitely sample some!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:44 pm

AppalachianInMyVeins wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:20 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:11 am
Absolutely interested in that. If possible can I DM you over the weekend about them? Thank you for the offer!
Absolutely. You can either DM me here or give me your contact info.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:29 pm

Grandfather Winery, Old Barn Winery in West Jefferson, drink at the Horton Hotel Rooftop, Booneshine Brewery, Bistro Roca(Antlers) The Local, Speckled Trout, Find some people to tailgate with. You will be surprised.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”