Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

EXPANDING STADIUM TO 40k CAPACITY

AppStateNews
School: Appalachian State

Re: EXPANDING STADIUM TO 40k CAPACITY

Unread post by AppStateNews » Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:10 pm

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:07 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:45 pm
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:28 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:18 pm
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:13 pm
Funding was never "secured" they are working on this now. But the idea that athletics had the money and was ready to go was always ridiculous. Anything that may happen has been pushed off at least three years.
They definitely have secured funding.
Then why start the project in twoish years?
Because there are other priorities right now that need to be completed ahead of time.
The university doesn't do projects one at a time? If there was money secured for the East side, it wouldn't matter what else was going on. We did Hickory, the renovation of Sanford Hall, and 105 all at once. I TRULY believe the East side project will happen. But the idea that a STATE university could hide 50 or so million dollars is ridiculous. All we've seen are artists renderings. Are there actually engineering plans, the kind of thing you could take bids on? Is there an actual budget for the project? If not how can there be more than a plan to secure funding? "Funding secured" makes it sound like the money is there now. That is the only point I have tried to make.
They have confirmation of funds ready to go when it becomes time to build.

You don't have to believe it. It won't make me lose sleep.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:26 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:10 pm
appgrad95&97 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
appgrad95&97 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

Because there are other priorities right now that need to be completed ahead of time.
The university doesn't do projects one at a time? If there was money secured for the East side, it wouldn't matter what else was going on. We did Hickory, the renovation of Sanford Hall, and 105 all at once. I TRULY believe the East side project will happen. But the idea that a STATE university could hide 50 or so million dollars is ridiculous. All we've seen are artists renderings. Are there actually engineering plans, the kind of thing you could take bids on? Is there an actual budget for the project? If not how can there be more than a plan to secure funding? "Funding secured" makes it sound like the money is there now. That is the only point I have tried to make.

Are we talking cash on hand or loans preapproved.

Tru2ASU

Unread post by Tru2ASU » Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:28 pm

We have over 350.million in projects scheduled on campus over the next 5 years. Buildings are being turned down for expansion. It's not all about money. It's about finding companies that can handle these projects, and actually completing projects first, before adding more to the plate.

In a time when physical campuses nationwide are stalling in terms of growth, and we have 3 NC colleges in specific that are cutting faculty/staff at an alarming rate due to admissions, we are going the opposite direction. Good or bad? We will see.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:18 pm

Tru2ASU wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:28 pm
We have over 350.million in projects scheduled on campus over the next 5 years. Buildings are being turned down for expansion. It's not all about money. It's about finding companies that can handle these projects, and actually completing projects first, before adding more to the plate.

In a time when physical campuses nationwide are stalling in terms of growth, and we have 3 NC colleges in specific that are cutting faculty/staff at an alarming rate due to admissions, we are going the opposite direction. Good or bad? We will see.
I’m sorry ol’ buddy but a wise man once told me that everything is about money everything! We don’t have a lot of it either.

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Wed Jul 19, 2023 10:02 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:34 pm
Gillin said on Monday that they need to finish the App 105 project first, softball stadium, indoors and outdoor tennis courts, facility, then the planned full-length indoor football facility, then the East Side facility. Likely two years before a shovel goes in the ground.

And with inflation literally affecting every campus project right now, I doubt the funding is completely secure. It's not secure until it get approval from the BOT and UNC BOG, which is a ways off.
If we have to wait to break ground/demo on the East Side until all of those are complete, it’ll be a while, maybe back end of 2020’s. The above programs deserve their new facilities. The new Sofield will be very important as well as 3-4 teams use that.

Tru2ASU

Unread post by Tru2ASU » Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:31 am

mountaineerman wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:18 pm
Tru2ASU wrote:

I’m sorry ol’ buddy but a wise man once told me that everything is about money everything! We don’t have a lot of it either.
Not all about money, DG can't build the buildings. And can't maintain them either after they are built.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:13 am

Tru2ASU wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 3:31 am
mountaineerman wrote:
Tru2ASU wrote:

Not all about money, DG can't build the buildings. And can't maintain them either after they are built.
Future maintenance brings us back to money.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:14 am

bcoach wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:26 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
appgrad95&97 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
appgrad95&97 wrote:

Radio silence on that question?

Tru2ASU

Unread post by Tru2ASU » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:05 am

bcoach wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:13 am
Tru2ASU wrote:
mountaineerman wrote:
Tru2ASU wrote:

You have to find someone to take the money to build it. Not a lot of companies will uproot and come here for 2-3 years. What you have is already on campus, busy with other projects. It's never all about money. But feel free to say it again.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:10 am

Tru2ASU wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:05 am
bcoach wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:13 am
Tru2ASU wrote:
mountaineerman wrote:
Tru2ASU wrote:

You have to find someone to take the money to build it. Not a lot of companies will uproot and come here for 2-3 years. What you have is already on campus, busy with other projects. It's never all about money. But feel free to say it again.
?

Tru2ASU

Unread post by Tru2ASU » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:31 am

Never all about money, but you sound like one of the old heads running this place that doesnt get it. So I'm out.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:42 am

Tru2ASU wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:31 am
Never all about money, but you sound like one of the old heads running this place that doesnt get it. So I'm out.
While true that it isn’t always about money. Money can and does help move things along. Having the money and not being able to spend it is a good problem to have. We just aren’t there yet.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:01 am

bcoach wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
appgrad95&97 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
appgrad95&97 wrote:

If it’s loans/bonds I’d like us to wait. It’s a terrible environment to issue debt.

If we’ve got someone committing $50MM well LFG!!!!!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:17 am

There has been talk on here about a new practice facility. Will it take the place of the present Sofield center or be an expansion of it. If not being an expansion, then where will it be located?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:45 am

BallantyneApp wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:01 am
bcoach wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
appgrad95&97 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

If it’s loans/bonds I’d like us to wait. It’s a terrible environment to issue debt.

If we’ve got someone committing $50MM well LFG!!!!!
We'll never get an answer to that from News.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:47 am

NewApp wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:17 am
There has been talk on here about a new practice facility. Will it take the place of the present Sofield center or be an expansion of it. If not being an expansion, then where will it be located?
They are draining the Duck Pond and putting it there. The current IPF, that’s Indoor Practice Facility will become a retirement home for all of the old alumni so that they can’t sit around and complain about the good old days and “Google”.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:14 am

I say we build a one way chair lift down from Broyhill and Greenwood lots but not back up. People will need to burn some calories after all those burgers and beers.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

Yosef10

Unread post by Yosef10 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:00 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
appgrad95&97 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
appgrad95&97 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

Not specific to the Cabin, but it’s truly baffling to see as many posters as I do on App message boards who seem to think they know for a fact that App just doesnt have the resources that the leadership seemingly knows App does have for these facility enhancements etc. Feels like they want a narrative set. I find it pretty odd.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:24 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:14 am
I say we build a one way chair lift down from Broyhill and Greenwood lots but not back up. People will need to burn some calories after all those burgers and beers.
Or a one-way zipline.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:37 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:24 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 11:14 am
Or a one-way zipline.
It would be environmently friendly too :-)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”