Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

EXPANDING STADIUM TO 40k CAPACITY

appgrad95&97
School: Appalachian State

Re: EXPANDING STADIUM TO 40k CAPACITY

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:44 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:00 pm
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:52 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:57 am
I believe that they $100 million in debt on their stadium alone.
Yeah, and they have a 6.8 billion dollar endowment; ours is less than 200 million. This is why I worry about saying our stadium expansion is fully funded.
Not this again.
It is ALWAYS going to the this. THIS has always been my point. Debt can kill anything. Betting that things will always be better is dangerous. I will not be satisfied because I know how dangerous it is to say things are fully funded when they are not. Plans are one thing, but pretending that... whatever. I know I'm right about this.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:21 pm

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:44 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
appgrad95&97 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
Yeah, and they have a 6.8 billion dollar endowment; ours is less than 200 million. This is why I worry about saying our stadium expansion is fully funded.
Not this again.
It is ALWAYS going to the this. THIS has always been my point. Debt can kill anything. Betting that things will always be better is dangerous. I will not be satisfied because I know how dangerous it is to say things are fully funded when they are not. Plans are one thing, but pretending that... whatever. I know I'm right about this.
No one is going to argue with you about accruing debt to keep up being OK. And we may be doing that. Then again, we may not. If you know the plan and what Gillin means by “fully funded”, then say it. If you are speculating the worst, then I guess we will see if you are right. Either way, let it go until you have something to hold onto.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:31 pm

appgrad95&97 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
appgrad95&97 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
Not this again.
I've put my cards on the table. I'll do it again: 1. There is no plan for the project (engineering that can go to bid). If you don’t know what something is going to cost how can you say it is fully funded? 2. The entire University raises $35ish million a year. That includes athletes. 3. The University endowment is under $200 million.

Not one of those things are speculation. Every one of them is a matter of public record. So, I know I'm right about them.

You can't counter those facts with "Doug said".

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:00 pm

With details not fully revealed I can trust, and I do trust.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 5:02 pm

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 4:31 pm
appgrad95&97 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
appgrad95&97 wrote:
AppSt94 wrote:
Not this again.
I've put my cards on the table. I'll do it again: 1. There is no plan for the project (engineering that can go to bid). If you don’t know what something is going to cost how can you say it is fully funded? 2. The entire University raises $35ish million a year. That includes athletes. 3. The University endowment is under $200 million.

Not one of those things are speculation. Every one of them is a matter of public record. So, I know I'm right about them.

You can't counter those facts with "Doug said".
Are you related to Eric?

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:36 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:04 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:53 pm
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:51 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:33 pm
The KBS expansion has approved guaranteed funds in place. From my understanding, it's basically fully funded.

Because of that, it allows us to throw more money at the 105 facilities.
That is not true. They think they can pay for it over time. They do not have the cash (or even current) pledges to pay for the East expansion.
Not what I have heard directly from Mr Gillin, but we will see. I may have misunderstood, but that is the reason for the quick turn around time.
Agree. This has been green lit rather quickly. If it was in need of funding, then it wouldn’t be moving so quickly.
Lol

Tru2ASU

Unread post by Tru2ASU » Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:43 pm

People got excited after beating A&M. Someone rushed some renderings out, and they had construction companies tour the East side. I've heard nothing in months, and am guessing that it is still not fully funded (65 million) which that cost will continue to grow by the day.

I did see UNCC got a 25 million dollar gift that the state is matching for their stadium that was included in the last budget.

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:45 pm

Big no for me on expansion. Let's focus on some wins and then we can move on.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:51 pm

Tru2ASU wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:43 pm
People got excited after beating A&M. Someone rushed some renderings out, and they had construction companies tour the East side. I've heard nothing in months, and am guessing that it is still not fully funded (65 million) which that cost will continue to grow by the day.

I did see UNCC got a 25 million dollar gift that the state is matching for their stadium that was included in the last budget.
It wasn't "someone" it was Doug Gillin. Nothing that comes out of the athletics facility can be believed.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:00 pm

Tru2ASU wrote:

The athletic department is working on the expansion... trying to solidify funding. I have had a phone call on the matter with someone from the department....and, yes, our athletics department should try to capitalize after winning big games to see if they can get commitments. That is how marketing 101 works.
Given our student fees and other funding (Yosef Club, other, etc.) Is below many of our peers, we need that expansion and related commitments to be able to pay higher salaries...and give players nicer facilities..
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Tru2ASU

Unread post by Tru2ASU » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:08 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:00 pm
Tru2ASU wrote:

The athletic department is working on the expansion... trying to solidify funding. I have had a phone call on the matter with someone from the department....and, yes, our athletics department should try to capitalize after winning big games to see if they can get commitments. That is how marketing 101 works.
Given our student fees and other funding (Yosef Club, other, etc.) Is below many of our peers, we need that expansion and related commitments to be able to pay higher salaries...and give players nicer facilities..
I understand marketing 101, thanks though.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:10 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Tru2ASU wrote:

That's true and good. But AppStateNews, the Baghdad Bob of Jack Branch, said that funding was basically secured almost a year ago. THAT'S the thing I'm pointing out.

Tru2ASU

Unread post by Tru2ASU » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:16 pm

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:10 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
Tru2ASU wrote:

That's true and good. But AppStateNews, the Baghdad Bob of Jack Branch, said that funding was basically secured almost a year ago. THAT'S the thing I'm pointing out.
Right. Construction will not start until fully funded. Confirmed that it's still not fully funded. But they where ready to die on that hill! Lol

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:24 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
I took marketing 101 at App, we were more worried about where to build our widget factory. 😂
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:34 pm

Outdoor expansion is a no -- Kidd Brewer Stadium and #TeamClark field is a perfect size, always can bring in the rental seats under the NEZ for a 'big game'.

After Oct 15ish crowd size usually goes down in numbers due to frost bite or lack of hot chocolate or mini bottles and weekday games.

other sports suffer so we can expand the stadium seems like a not so bright business decision for all teams.

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:56 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:34 pm
Outdoor expansion is a no -- Kidd Brewer Stadium and #TeamClark field is a perfect size, always can bring in the rental seats under the NEZ for a 'big game'.

After Oct 15ish crowd size usually goes down in numbers due to frost bite or lack of hot chocolate or mini bottles and weekday games.

other sports suffer so we can expand the stadium seems like a not so bright business decision for all teams.
Not that you would care..... but we agree on something!!!

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:06 pm

appgrad95&97 wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:
Tru2ASU wrote:

I could care less what you or anyone has said in the past...
#99ForPresident!!

Tru2ASU

Unread post by Tru2ASU » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:31 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:06 pm
appgrad95&97 wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:
Tru2ASU wrote:

You just reiterated that funds are still not secured, and that's what we were saying this time last year.

Quite a few of us on here work across campus. We all have availability to some type of information. I've been here long enough to be able to weed through the BS, and what people have heard from Lil Dougie in the beer line. We can all come here and sort and sift through everything without all of the subtle jabs some try to throw.

Tru2ASU

Unread post by Tru2ASU » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:32 pm

Tru2ASU wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:31 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
appgrad95&97 wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:
Tru2ASU wrote:

You just reiterated that funds are still not secured, and that's what we were saying this time last year.

Quite a few of us on here work across campus. We all have availability to some type of information. I've been here long enough to be able to weed through the BS, and what people have heard from DG in the beer line. We can all come here and sort and sift through everything without all of the subtle jabs some try to throw.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:50 pm

Tru2ASU wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 2:31 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
appgrad95&97 wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:
Tru2ASU wrote:

Quite a few of us on here work across campus. We all have availability to some type of information. I've been here long enough to be able to weed through the BS, and what people have heard from Lil Dougie in the beer line. We can all come here and sort and sift through everything without all of the subtle jabs some try to throw.
I sure did say that as I had a direct conversation on the phone with athletics Dept. So with that, I really do not care what he, you or anyone else has to say on the matter. I had my conversation. Take it for what you want..I do not care.
#99ForPresident!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”