Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Accessibility question

appphotog

Accessibility question

Unread post by appphotog » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:47 pm

My dad had back surgery in August. He is still recovering and hasn’t been able to go a game yet. We are hoping he will be ready to go to the November game. A couple of questions:

1. We park in the library parking deck. I’m doubtful he will be able to walk that distance. Is there anything that the school offers for transportation to the stadium? Has anyone used Uber for a ride to the stadium?

2. Our season tickets are in section 212. Who do I talk to about getting a handicap seat below our section?

Thanks for any information to help get this App fan to a game this year.

Rekdiver
School: Appalachian State

Re: Accessibility question

Unread post by Rekdiver » Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:52 pm

Call the ticket office about the seating. You should be able to use a handicap sticker to drop your dad off. Forget Uber.
Gameday disability parking is located in the Hill Street Lot. This lot is serviced by a direct AppalCART shuttle to the stadium starting five hours before kickoff and ending in the 4th quarter. At the beginning of the 4th quarter, a bus (with wheelchair ramps) will be stationed outside of the East Gate at the stadium to transport paratransit passengers to the Hill Street Parking lot for two hours after game ends. Paratransit vehicles will be running until Stadium Drive is blocked near the end of the 4th quarter and will resume after Stadium Drive is opened.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:02 pm

It's been a few years since we've been to a game. I remember the service at the lot up behind Holmes for handicapped parking was first rate. Very nice and professional people and they let you off right at the East gate. We walked right in and found unused seats. Didn't have to walk more than 10-20 yards worked out great
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:29 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:52 pm
Call the ticket office about the seating. You should be able to use a handicap sticker to drop your dad off. Forget Uber.
Gameday disability parking is located in the Hill Street Lot. This lot is serviced by a direct AppalCART shuttle to the stadium starting five hours before kickoff and ending in the 4th quarter. At the beginning of the 4th quarter, a bus (with wheelchair ramps) will be stationed outside of the East Gate at the stadium to transport paratransit passengers to the Hill Street Parking lot for two hours after game ends. Paratransit vehicles will be running until Stadium Drive is blocked near the end of the 4th quarter and will resume after Stadium Drive is opened.
This.

I know someone who has a permanent disability who goes to the games. He parks in Hill Street Lot and takes the shuttle to the stadium. He's hard of moving around but said that people are very patient and kind with him. He likes to get to the stadium early so there's no line. He says it works like a charm.

appphotog

Unread post by appphotog » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:35 am

Thank you for the great information. I’ll give the ticket office a call and have him use Hill Street parking. I’m looking forward to having him at this game.

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:52 am

We ve been using the Handicapped Parking on the hill behind the Holmes Center for years. My wife is disabled and has, often had to use a wheelchair to get into the stadium. We also have Handicapped seating. Contact the ticket office and ask them about Handicapped seating. We ve had season tickets for Handicapped seats for years in Section 200.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:42 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:52 pm
How do you happen to know all that stuff, Rek?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”