Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

More Draft love for Hampton

t4pizza
School: Appalachian State

More Draft love for Hampton

Unread post by t4pizza » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:28 pm

Nice little article talking about Nick Hampton. You need an ESPN+ account but I assume most on here have one to watch App.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2023/insi ... emen-class

Who is an under-the-radar edge rusher you expect to get drafted on Day 2?
Reid: Nick Hampton of Appalachian State has really impressed me through the first half of this season. He'll likely be a 3-4 outside linebacker at the next level, but his combination of hand-fighting maturity, first-step quickness and closing speed has helped him collect five sacks this season. The 6-foot-3, 235-pounder also has experience dropping into coverage, which will make him appealing to teams looking for versatility off the edge.

I know I should not have cut and pasted the article but in case someone doesn't have an ESPN+ account (I figure they make enough of App State fans as is)

Seattleapp

Re: More Draft love for Hampton

Unread post by Seattleapp » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:29 pm

ESPN makes enough money. They’ll be ok

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:08 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:28 pm
Nice little article talking about Nick Hampton. You need an ESPN+ account but I assume most on here have one to watch App.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2023/insi ... emen-class

Who is an under-the-radar edge rusher you expect to get drafted on Day 2?
Reid: Nick Hampton of Appalachian State has really impressed me through the first half of this season. He'll likely be a 3-4 outside linebacker at the next level, but his combination of hand-fighting maturity, first-step quickness and closing speed has helped him collect five sacks this season. The 6-foot-3, 235-pounder also has experience dropping into coverage, which will make him appealing to teams looking for versatility off the edge.

I know I should not have cut and pasted the article but in case someone doesn't have an ESPN+ account (I figure they make enough of App State fans as is)
He must mean under the radar for the casual fan because Hampton is far from that for NFL teams and draft media. Every team is, or will be, sending a director of college scouting and maybe GM in to see him, he will get a NFL Combine invite, Shrine invite, Senior Bowl invite, etc.

ESPN can definitely handle what you did. It won't break them. lol

In my eyes an under the radar edge rusher would be Grambling's Sundiata Anderson who you don't really see rated online and has not even attracted a lot of top NFL executive action yet but he is about to.

A couple Sun Belt players, who aren't edge rushers but under the radar, to watch are South Alabama C James Jackson and Troy C Jake Andrews. Keep an eye on those names. South Alabama RB is another one.

firemoose

Unread post by firemoose » Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:36 am

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:37 am

Hampton is definitely going to get drafted higher than Jackson based on how it is going. He might go as high as round 2 if he kills it at the Senior Bowl. Expect him to get that invite by mid November. He should be a first wave invite for Mobile.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”