Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

CBS College Football Rankings

Saint3333

Re: CBS College Football Rankings

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:42 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:37 pm
RankinApp wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:10 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:58 am
UVA, Pitt, Wake, JMU, Clemson, NCSU, and Kentucky remain for Satt.
:shock:

Yeah, he gone.
His over/under for the remainder of the season is 1 game with that schedule.

Hypothetical question for the day. If SC leaves for greener patures and SS is relieved of his current duties, would you guys take SS back?
I'm likely in the minority, but I'd take Satt back in that scenario. To this day he doesn't get enough credit for our run from 2005-2009.

AppInDC
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by AppInDC » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:08 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
RankinApp wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:

Yeah, he gone.

Hypothetical question for the day. If SC leaves for greener patures and SS is relieved of his current duties, would you guys take SS back?
I hold no grudge against him and in that hypothetical, I wouldn't be totally opposed.

I think the key question though is "Who else is in the mix?". I think App has become more prestigious since then with the 2019 season, the A&M win, Gameday buzz, improving Sun Belt, etc. We have six years of Satterfield as HC at App (and prior experience as well) to go on but we also know how he has performed in an even more visible position in a major conference. He may have been the best option for the program in 2013. But is he the best option for the program today if SC were to get picked up by another program?

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:27 pm

My armchair observation from afar is that he should have started showing better results recruiting by now. Rightly so, his offense is all about his QB, who has great numbers, while his defense treads on ice like ours does. He has been competitive though. I agree that he had a lot to do with our run in the mid 2000s. With our budget not sure we can pay to come coach that already has a proven track record. SS certainly knows what "culture" is about at APP whereas an outsider may not, as we've had a taste of. My other armchair observation is SC will be back, while Barbay is gone.
BLACK SATURDAY

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:52 pm

Regarding SS, it is usually a bad idea to bring back a guy from the past. The odds are that you don't get the same juice as you did the first time around for a variety of reasons. I would not do it unless you really didn't have a better option and that would seem unlikely with the program in the state that it is today.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:31 am

I would not want Scott back. As Atl said before, you rarely get the same juice the second time around. It would be unlikely Scott comes back to App with the same fire he had before. He’d be a rich man who’s been defeated by a higher level of football. He’d probably feel like he was stepping down a level. There would be a large contingent of staff and fans who don’t trust him to want to be in Boone long term…ie jumping right back out at the next opportunity.

I think Scott’s career would be best served as a power 5 OC. He flirted with South Carolina before and they look like they’re going to fire their OC Marcus Satterfield (unrelated) after this season. Wouldn’t even have to change the name plate on the office door. He’d be able to rehab his image and if it goes well get back to HC inside 5 years.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:34 am

Speaking of college football rankings lol 😝, Taylor Lamb is someone I’m keeping an eye on for the future… I mean since we’re talking rankings 😂🤣

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:08 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:42 pm
Black Saturday wrote:
RankinApp wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:

Yeah, he gone.

I'm likely in the minority, but I'd take Satt back in that scenario. To this day he doesn't get enough credit for our run from 2005-2009.
100% agree with this statement...I would take Satt back in a minute. His offenses were so much fun to watch.

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:18 am

Black Saturday wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:27 pm
My armchair observation from afar is that he should have started showing better results recruiting by now. Rightly so, his offense is all about his QB, who has great numbers, while his defense treads on ice like ours does. He has been competitive though. I agree that he had a lot to do with our run in the mid 2000s. With our budget not sure we can pay to come coach that already has a proven track record. SS certainly knows what "culture" is about at APP whereas an outsider may not, as we've had a taste of. My other armchair observation is SC will be back, while Barbay is gone.
Once Louisville was put on even ground (No more illegal money and prostitutes running through the recruits) they have a tough time competing for recruits. Why would anyone want to go to Louisville for anything? They made it to the ACC from illegal recruiting. If not they would still be with Charlotte in the conf-USA/AAC.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:36 am

With UNCC, that's taking this a little too far. Louisville is to the ACC what SC is to the SEC or WV is to the BIG12. A nice middle of the road "P5" team three out of four years whose fanbases expect too much each year.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:49 am

Satt’s wife is welcome back and she can bring Elliott’s wife as her assistant.
Bring Your A Game!

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:46 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:31 am
I would not want Scott back. As Atl said before, you rarely get the same juice the second time around. It would be unlikely Scott comes back to App with the same fire he had before. He’d be a rich man who’s been defeated by a higher level of football. He’d probably feel like he was stepping down a level. There would be a large contingent of staff and fans who don’t trust him to want to be in Boone long term…ie jumping right back out at the next opportunity.

I think Scott’s career would be best served as a power 5 OC. He flirted with South Carolina before and they look like they’re going to fire their OC Marcus Satterfield (unrelated) after this season. Wouldn’t even have to change the name plate on the office door. He’d be able to rehab his image and if it goes well get back to HC inside 5 years.
Maybe he could go spend a year or 2 revamping with Saban like everyone else?
BLACK SATURDAY

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Wed Oct 05, 2022 1:48 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:18 am
Black Saturday wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:27 pm
Once Louisville was put on even ground (No more illegal money and prostitutes running through the recruits) they have a tough time competing for recruits. Why would anyone want to go to Louisville for anything? They made it to the ACC from illegal recruiting. If not they would still be with Charlotte in the conf-USA/AAC.
Louisville ranked for a long time in the top revenue producing sports programs, so it must be the lack of hookers?
BLACK SATURDAY

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:47 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:08 am
Saint3333 wrote:
Black Saturday wrote:
RankinApp wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:

Yeah, he gone.

100% agree with this statement...I would take Satt back in a minute. His offenses were so much fun to watch.
I remember good offenses but I also remember a whoole lot of run up the middle on first downs for little or no gains too. I hope we can hang on to Barbay and his play calling at least another season or 2.
Nothing against Satt, but it would be awkward for him and fan base to return. I doubt SC is going anywhere either.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 5:48 pm

These SEC shorts are good and real stingers
Bring Your A Game!

ASU84

Unread post by ASU84 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:57 pm

Anyone know Sat's buyout? And limits of where he could coach, if any?

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:51 pm

Yosefus wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 2:47 pm
spacemonkey wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:08 am
Saint3333 wrote:
Black Saturday wrote:
RankinApp wrote:

Yeah, he gone.

I remember good offenses but I also remember a whoole lot of run up the middle on first downs for little or no gains too. I hope we can hang on to Barbay and his play calling at least another season or 2.
Nothing against Satt, but it would be awkward for him and fan base to return. I doubt SC is going anywhere either.
Honestly, I’d take Satt’s playcalling over Barbay’s at this point. Barbary was masterful against Carolina and A&M, but has not been as good in games 3 & 4. It doesn’t mean that we won’ t see more games like the first two, but Satt consistently scored points in the middle 8 minutes, used the jet sweep as a consistent playcall and used tempo effectively.

Again, Barbary has a small sample size of games, but I’m not ready to rank him ahead of Satt.

Probably an irrelevant hypothesis regardlessly.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”