Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

TX St discussion

biggie
Site Admin
School: Appalachian State

TX St discussion

Unread post by biggie » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:07 pm

We are -19 currently.

JMU beat them 40-13.

Stonewall

Re: TX St discussion

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:13 pm

I watched bits and pieces , I really hate JMU.It wasn't much of a contest .

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:02 pm

JMU held us to 1.9 yard per carry. Their defense is stout for stopping the run. I hate to admit it but JMU is legit....I think. I think they beat everyone else they play by 2 touchdowns.

I think we cover easily against Texas St.

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool

Unread post by GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:43 pm

We had those bums right where we wanted them too.

In other news, Cam needs to get fed carries these next few weeks if he’s gonna have a shot at 1k yards. Currently sitting at 366. Injuries and in-game rotations really limit the opportunity to extend the streak. Watching young Kanye run this weekend gets me excited for his potential inclusion into the pantheon of App rb’s.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:53 pm

Seems like I remember a few years back in San Marcos we struggled with them and were heavy favorite them as well. No reason we shouldn't beat them by 3 scores.
I don't know if we get a 1000 yard rusher this year with so many in the rotation. Cam is due for a break out season though. Hope we see it.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:19 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:02 pm
JMU held us to 1.9 yard per carry. Their defense is stout for stopping the run. I hate to admit it but JMU is legit....I think. I think they beat everyone else they play by 2 touchdowns.

Take away the sacks which NCAA counts towards rushing yards and it doesn't look as bad. Healthier backfield and better second half play calling, and that average for us is probably much higher. Fact is we lost that game more than they won it. Blowing a 28-3 lead at The Rock was just plain embarrassing.

Texas State did decent running against JMU as well. I guess you could look at the MTSU game and say that's a sign of JMU being legit, but I'm just not sold yet. They handle the Marshall, Louisville, ODU, Georgia State, and Coastal gauntlet then I will be sold on them being "legit".

I despise JMU very much and maybe that's part of my logic with my assessment, but I've just not seen enough yet to think they're a top SBC team.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:26 pm

Cam needs to stay healthy.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:28 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 6:13 pm
I watched bits and pieces , I really hate JMU.It wasn't much of a contest .
I don’t hate JMU but their fans are about as annoying as any. Watching those streamers fly is some annoying crap. I do believe they’ll get put in their place shortly but who knows.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:16 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:26 pm
Cam needs to stay healthy.
Cam looked plenty healthy on Saturday and got a grand total of 4 carries. I don't buy any story that he isn't healthy when I watch him run a 75 yard touchdown. Not sure why we don't ride our backs, but this rotation is getting silly to me.

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool

Unread post by GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:33 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:19 pm
spacemonkey wrote:

Take away the sacks which NCAA counts towards rushing yards and it doesn't look as bad. Healthier backfield and better second half play calling, and that average for us is probably much higher. Fact is we lost that game more than they won it. Blowing a 28-3 lead at The Rock was just plain embarrassing.

Texas State did decent running against JMU as well. I guess you could look at the MTSU game and say that's a sign of JMU being legit, but I'm just not sold yet. They handle the Marshall, Louisville, ODU, Georgia State, and Coastal gauntlet then I will be sold on them being "legit".

I despise JMU very much and maybe that's part of my logic with my assessment, but I've just not seen enough yet to think they're a top SBC team.
I mean they did beat us, in Boone no less, botched performance of a life time by us and all. They certainly have the best conference win of any contender. You can dislike them, find their fans and their streamers to be a bit much, but acknowledge that they are one of the better teams in the Belt. Should we of beaten them? Oh yeah, but their win gives them claim to top dog as of right now as much as it pisses us off.

And I f’n hate that

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:35 pm

You have to play the long game. It’s a long season and guys wear down. RB1 is dinged up and missed 2 and half games. RB1A &3 have never gone a full season without missing time for one reason or another.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:56 am

spacemonkey wrote:

Take away all six of Brice’s runs and we had 28 carries for 85 yard. 3-03 yards per carry. They shut down our running game

With that said, we’re the only good team they have played. Taking nothing away from their comeback and win, but they will not run the table, just like we were not going to run the table. Just because you are favored, does not mean you will execute, not have injuries, or just have a lesser team give a greater effort on any given Saturday.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:24 am

In the post game conference, Cam mentioned how the JMU game absolutely destroyed him so he was with the trainer 3-4 times a day to get ready for Citadel. He also said something along the lines about how he told the coaches and other captains they will never get anything less than 100% from him ever again because of that game.

He looked healthy against Citadel for the first time in a couple years. I think that game made something turn on a light bulb in his head and know it's more than just practice and game day. I expect a monster taking the field from here on out with Cam.

That said, TX State has always had a good enough offense to win games. Their defense is and has been atrocious. If our defense isn't at top level, it could be a shoot out.

I also think KeSean Brown had his coming out party against Citadel. He reminded me of Kenan Gilchrist and ADG with his sideline to sideline speed.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:12 am

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:33 pm
spacemonkey wrote:

I mean they did beat us, in Boone no less, botched performance of a life time by us and all. They certainly have the best conference win of any contender. You can dislike them, find their fans and their streamers to be a bit much, but acknowledge that they are one of the better teams in the Belt. Should we of beaten them? Oh yeah, but their win gives them claim to top dog as of right now as much as it pisses us off.

And I f’n hate that
Sorry, I attached this to the wrong post….was intended as a response to a post questioning the running back rotation

7 more games and we want guys healthy down the stretch. If the rotation cost us a game it’s not worth it but if we can win with rotation it’s great. I still think Chop has the potential to break one anytime and I love how hard he runs. I think our coaches have a lot more faith in Castle than most of our fans do. Young man has made a few big plays and has been in the game at some key times. Just looking at the Citadel game, why risk key guys and why not build experience and confidence in other guys?

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:23 am

Just noticed WEIRDLY this week is a "Blackout" game for Tx St.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:30 am

biggie wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:23 am
They think darkness is their ally. But they merely adopted the dark; we were born in it, moulded by it.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:56 am

biggie wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:23 am
So I assume they will be painting the seats/bleachers black?
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:41 pm

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:34 pm

We should go white tops with black pants and helmets. Just to spite them.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:52 pm

Storm troopers. All white top to bottom

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”