Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

TX St discussion

APPdiesel
School: Appalachian State

Re: TX St discussion

Unread post by APPdiesel » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:15 pm

Cro-Magnon App wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:16 pm
Surely not. They got a girl kicker?
Welcome to foot🦵ball!
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

appfanz

Unread post by appfanz » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:47 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 11:30 am
T-Dog wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:20 pm
Texas State just announced all their priority seats are sold out. Yeah I was surprised too.
Gotten beat bad in 2 of 3 games, odd that they would sell out but good for them.
Went to Texas State in 2018 and I felt like there were more bodies on their dance team than in the stands.

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool

Unread post by GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:50 am

Black Saturday wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 10:58 am
GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:33 pm
/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:19 pm
spacemonkey wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 7:02 pm
JMU held us to 1.9 yard per carry. Their defense is stout for stopping the run. I hate to admit it but JMU is legit....I think. I think they beat everyone else they play by 2 touchdowns.

I think we cover easily against Texas St.
Take away the sacks which NCAA counts towards rushing yards and it doesn't look as bad. Healthier backfield and better second half play calling, and that average for us is probably much higher. Fact is we lost that game more than they won it. Blowing a 28-3 lead at The Rock was just plain embarrassing.

Texas State did decent running against JMU as well. I guess you could look at the MTSU game and say that's a sign of JMU being legit, but I'm just not sold yet. They handle the Marshall, Louisville, ODU, Georgia State, and Coastal gauntlet then I will be sold on them being "legit".

I despise JMU very much and maybe that's part of my logic with my assessment, but I've just not seen enough yet to think they're a top SBC team.
I mean they did beat us, in Boone no less, botched performance of a life time by us and all. They certainly have the best conference win of any contender. You can dislike them, find their fans and their streamers to be a bit much, but acknowledge that they are one of the better teams in the Belt. Should we of beaten them? Oh yeah, but their win gives them claim to top dog as of right now as much as it pisses us off.

And I f’n hate that

We let JMU beat us, however I'm agreeing they have a good team and a much better D than us, but 28-3 lead at home, smh. We need to do whatever it takes to bolster our defense for next season, be it the portal or what, our defense is the difference in our 2 losses this season. We just don't have the personnel this season, call it young or inexperienced, but not up to what we need.
Kinda feel like it’s the secondary, right? The D line has produced really well, and the linebackers have impressed. It seems to fall on the DBs not named Steven Jones jr. Getting a sack and creating a 3rd&14 or so isn’t enough with modern offenses.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:57 am

Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:50 am
Black Saturday wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:
JMU held us to 1.9 yard per carry. Their defense is stout for stopping the run. I hate to admit it but JMU is legit....I think. I think they beat everyone else they play by 2 touchdowns.

Take away the sacks which NCAA counts towards rushing yards and it doesn't look as bad. Healthier backfield and better second half play calling, and that average for us is probably much higher. Fact is we lost that game more than they won it. Blowing a 28-3 lead at The Rock was just plain embarrassing.

Texas State did decent running against JMU as well. I guess you could look at the MTSU game and say that's a sign of JMU being legit, but I'm just not sold yet. They handle the Marshall, Louisville, ODU, Georgia State, and Coastal gauntlet then I will be sold on them being "legit".

I despise JMU very much and maybe that's part of my logic with my assessment, but I've just not seen enough yet to think they're a top SBC team.
I mean they did beat us, in Boone no less, botched performance of a life time by us and all. They certainly have the best conference win of any contender. You can dislike them, find their fans and their streamers to be a bit much, but acknowledge that they are one of the better teams in the Belt. Should we of beaten them? Oh yeah, but their win gives them claim to top dog as of right now as much as it pisses us off.

And I f’n hate that

We let JMU beat us, however I'm agreeing they have a good team and a much better D than us, but 28-3 lead at home, smh. We need to do whatever it takes to bolster our defense for next season, be it the portal or what, our defense is the difference in our 2 losses this season. We just don't have the personnel this season, call it young or inexperienced, but not up to what we need.
Kinda feel like it’s the secondary, right? The D line has produced really well, and the linebackers have impressed. It seems to fall on the DBs not named Steven Jones jr. Getting a sack and creating a 3rd&14 or so isn’t enough with modern offenses.
It's both the pass rush and secondary. Outside of Hampton and McLeod, we can't get a solid pass rush (hence taking the shirt of Spellman). Teams have figured out how to put Hampton and/or McLeod into coverage or double team them. Because of this, our secondary is forced to play man but have been recruited as zone cover.

So, secondary looks to be the issue, but it's not entirely their fault.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:38 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:57 am
Black Saturday wrote:

And I f’n hate that

It's both the pass rush and secondary. Outside of Hampton and McLeod, we can't get a solid pass rush (hence taking the shirt of Spellman). Teams have figured out how to put Hampton and/or McLeod into coverage or double team them. Because of this, our secondary is forced to play man but have been recruited as zone cover.

So, secondary looks to be the issue, but it's not entirely their fault.
Currently our DL has 1.5 sacks and Spellman has the one.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:41 am

The Armadillos didn't have just a "girl" kicker :D :o :shock:
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:54 am

We need to be careful. This could be a Trap Game!

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:29 am

Black Saturday wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:

And I f’n hate that

Not sure what games you have been watching but I would hardly say that our D Line has produced really well. In fact, I would say that in passing downs our D ends have been sub standard and is a big reason for our db issues. It is really hard to have effective zone coverage when the D Ends can't get any pressure at all on the qb. To make up for this we have corners that were recruited for zone having to play man because we can't get pressure from the ends. The ONLY time we get home is when we bring a linebacker on a blitz and we all know the risks associated with bringing a LB in, it opens up a hole in the coverage where the LB was. In running downs our D Line does a really good job, not so much in passing downs. Hopefully this will continue to improve as these kids get more experience but we don't have any where near the presence of Meech or Spurlin running out there on Saturdays.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:32 am

t4pizza wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:29 am
Black Saturday wrote:

And I f’n hate that

Not sure what games you have been watching but I would hardly say that our D Line has produced really well. In fact, I would say that in passing downs our D ends have been sub standard and is a big reason for our db issues. It is really hard to have effective zone coverage when the D Ends can't get any pressure at all on the qb. To make up for this we have corners that were recruited for zone having to play man because we can't get pressure from the ends. The ONLY time we get home is when we bring a linebacker on a blitz and we all know the risks associated with bringing a LB in, it opens up a hole in the coverage where the LB was. In running downs our D Line does a really good job, not so much in passing downs. Hopefully this will continue to improve as these kids get more experience but we don't have any where near the presence of Meech or Spurlin running out there on Saturdays.
Happy Birthday!

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:48 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:41 am
The Armadillos didn't have just a "girl" kicker :D :o :shock:

"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool

Unread post by GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:12 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:29 am
Black Saturday wrote:

And I f’n hate that

I assumed we were considering Hampton to be a DE, since he’s our primary edge rusher, and he’s leading the conference in sacks. What is/isn’t a defensive lineman is wonky with a 3-4

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:33 pm

Did I miss uniform reveal? Isn’t it usually out by now?

BOONE BOUND

Unread post by BOONE BOUND » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:02 pm

ALL WHITE!!

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:03 pm

Yosefus wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:52 pm
Storm troopers. All white top to bottom
Called it! :lol:

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:03 pm

5:00 pm Thursday Uniform reveal. Right on time. Let’s Go!
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:15 pm

Appstate88 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:03 pm
5:00 pm Thursday Uniform reveal. Right on time. Let’s Go!
Thank you, Texas State, for having a blackout in 90 degree weather.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:52 pm

I prefer one black stripe on the white helmet but the three are better than no stripes. No stripes on a white helmet makes the helmet look huge
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AppSt12

Unread post by AppSt12 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:21 pm

Yosefus wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:54 am
We needed a hail mary to beat Troy and lost to JMU after leading 28-3. Shawn clark is like 3-9 or something against teams of comparable stature. We are 3-4 in our last 7 games. Every game is a trap game.

If it were not for the tamu win...which was just incredible...we would all easily recognize this to be our lowest point in FBS...and by far.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:47 pm

AppSt12 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:21 pm
Yosefus wrote:
We needed a hail mary to beat Troy and lost to JMU after leading 28-3. Shawn clark is like 3-9 or something against teams of comparable stature. We are 3-4 in our last 7 games. Every game is a trap game.

If it were not for the tamu win...which was just incredible...we would all easily recognize this to be our lowest point in FBS...and by far.
Meh

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:42 am

AppSt12 wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:21 pm
Yosefus wrote:

We're also six points from being undefeated. This season hasn't quite been what some hoped for or expected but it's not like we have nothing to play for the rest of the season. There are no guarantees and still a lot of questions to be answered but it's a bit premature to close the book on this season.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”