Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Gameday Experience

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Re: Gameday Experience

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:39 am

WASU 93 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 12:45 am
Since the wind was blowing and there were empty rows below us, we moved down 10 rows from the top of the East stands. There was a noticeable difference (volume much louder) in the music.

Went to a Panthers preseason game last year and the music was so loud that it was almost unbearable.

I know they are busy, but it would be great for a member of the athletics staff to make the rounds during the game and talk to season ticket holders in different parts of the stadium about their experience.

Beyond the music, the game day experience is much improved for fans. Great job by whoever oversaw the improvements!
That’s where an email would be great. Concerns need to be voiced in order to be heard.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:09 am

It does take the crowd out of the game….

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Mon Oct 03, 2022 7:20 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:26 pm
It used to be illegal for the band to play while the opposing team had the ball. Not sure what the rule is but it seems like bad sportsmanship to me. It has been bad all year. Too much but I am in my 50's so maybe I am getting old. One thing for sure, the students are having a good time.
I’m pretty sure it’s against the rules to play while the other team is in formation, but I don’t think it’s illegal. However, I’d love to see Boone PD start arresting band members mid-game.

appgrad2010

Unread post by appgrad2010 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:15 am

It would be great to have other scores around the country, state, conference on the video board at least at end of each quarter. Most of the time we have games up on the board (the one time a game they post them) that have not even started yet and just show the time and teams...this is by far an easy thing to do IMO.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:29 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:39 am
WASU 93 wrote:
Since the wind was blowing and there were empty rows below us, we moved down 10 rows from the top of the East stands. There was a noticeable difference (volume much louder) in the music.

Went to a Panthers preseason game last year and the music was so loud that it was almost unbearable.

I know they are busy, but it would be great for a member of the athletics staff to make the rounds during the game and talk to season ticket holders in different parts of the stadium about their experience.

Beyond the music, the game day experience is much improved for fans. Great job by whoever oversaw the improvements!
That’s where an email would be great. Concerns need to be voiced in order to be heard.
If everyone sends an email to DG................I've done mine

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:38 am

Its not like the first time this has been raised. It seems every year this is a concern. The end of the year survey should reflect people's concerns but apparently it either doesn't or its being ignored. If my memory serves me, this was something that we picked up after our trip out to Montana. Somebody in a position of authority must think it is a good idea.

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:47 am

Depending on where you are in the stadium, it's either blaring or barely audible or perfect. The acoustics of our stadium do not make it possible to be the same volume everywhere unless we get a major speaker positioning upgrade.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:48 am

Rekdiver wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:29 am
AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:39 am
WASU 93 wrote:

If everyone sends an email to DG................I've done mine
I believe that we read that you sit in the NEZ. Correct? If so, I know that they sent out an end of year survey last year. If they send one this year I would add to it.

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:01 am

It’s time to mount some speakers on top of the NEZ complex and stereo the whole stadium. That could allow them cut the volume of the SEZ score board by a third or half and still achieve the same overall volume in the stadium.
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

AppInDC

Unread post by AppInDC » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:04 am

ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:47 am
Depending on where you are in the stadium, it's either blaring or barely audible or perfect. The acoustics of our stadium do not make it possible to be the same volume everywhere unless we get a major speaker positioning upgrade.
I was in the Rock Garden section this weekend. I could hear the band very well although I was very close by and standing in front of them. The music from speakers was also clear but not overwhelming. But agreed that sounds may be more inaudible/obnoxious if you are in a different area.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:23 am

APPdiesel wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:01 am
It’s time to mount some speakers on top of the NEZ complex and stereo the whole stadium. That could allow them cut the volume of the SEZ score board by a third or half and still achieve the same overall volume in the stadium.
Not just the NEZ. I noticed at the TAMU game that Kyle field has speakers all over the place. The music and announcements were close to perfect in that huge stadium. You hit on the biggest problem; we are relying on one bank of speakers on one end of the stadium to cover the entire stadium.
WE ARE YOSEF!

APPdiesel

Unread post by APPdiesel » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:27 am

goapps93 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:23 am
APPdiesel wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:01 am
Not just the NEZ. I noticed at the TAMU game that Kyle field has speakers all over the place. The music and announcements were close to perfect in that huge stadium. You hit on the biggest problem; we are relying on one bank of speakers on one end of the stadium to cover the entire stadium.
Right. Stereo-ing with NEZ speakers is the least that could be done. Definitely could do a mesh system with speakers strategically mounted all over to provide the best system possible. Then again, it all comes down to money. Where will the funding for a very expensive audio system overhaul come from?
"Sports talk's most decent producer" on 97.1 The Fan Upstate

http://www.twitter.com/dieselonradio

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:09 am

EastHallApp wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:51 pm
I'm fine with the band. I'm fine with PA music. The one thing I truly do not understand is why we have to play snippets of just a few seconds of a song between plays. Who enjoys that? Even if it's your absolute favorite song, does it really enhance your experience to hear five seconds of it, only to have it cut off just as you're starting to get into it?
I agree 100%. This is the biggest thing that needs to be addressed. Basically all schools play music at games, but where we seem to be different compared to the many other CFB games I've attended and watched/listened to is the constant quick snippets between plays
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:20 am

Example: 3rd down and the music negated the crowd from making any noise............

! App State Cheer entire game...........

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:35 am

The gaps and shape don't help our sound. They don't make recording studies covered in grass and trees for a reason. We have a whole end of a stadium that isn't great for sound. We then have a massive tower on one side with large gaps between the sides and the new end-zone. The beer garden or whatever it is below the end-zone is a sound killer as well. I would love to see the degree angle of our seats and "bowl" versus some of the larger stadiums. Added speakers would certainly help but we will have sound issues for a long time until the whole thing gets bowled and speakers adjusted to fit it. Sometimes you could almost forget we have a band. Never had that issue whe nI was a student

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:50 am

Bowling the stadium in isn’t the priority for expansion, so the speaker system is the logical alternative.

9Steelman

Unread post by 9Steelman » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:38 pm

2 Suggestions: (1) When playing sing along songs (ie Sweet Carolina) please allow at lest 2 minutes of timeout. Starting song with less than 60 seconds left does not allow the students and crowd enough time to get going. (2) Yosef Club social after Citadel game left a lot to be desired. Was not ready, no welcoming committee, no one walking around thanking givers for their donations and attending. Was a great opportunity to do face to face branding and marketing for Yosef. (Most still appreciate and like face to face involvement) A missed opportunity for helping guest and members feel special for being part of the App movement. Most of our staff and most fans need to get out of our boxes and become better ambassadors. Passion and enthusiasm sells, it's everybody job!!!

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:52 pm

Been to the 5th quarter twice now, pretty much just like you said, waste of time when it takes 30 minutes to setup and no one going around welcoming or talking to people.

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:08 pm

BUTCH1991 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:52 pm
Been to the 5th quarter twice now, pretty much just like you said, waste of time when it takes 30 minutes to setup and no one going around welcoming or talking to people.
Did you go Saturday? We went down for 30 minutes or so and nothing was set up.
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:43 pm

AppState89 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:08 pm
BUTCH1991 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:52 pm
Did you go Saturday? We went down for 30 minutes or so and nothing was set up.
Yes, it took about that long to get set up. It was upstairs in the ballroom or whatever they call it in the NEZ. Did you go there or just go down to the field like last year? I know I didn't see you.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”