Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Gameday Experience

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Re: Gameday Experience

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:43 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:58 am
We sat basically above the band Saturday so we heard them. I agree with those who aren't crazy about the couple of seconds tunes that are played between seemingly every play. Someone must think that there can't even be silence (so to speak) for 27 seconds between a play. I'd rather hear the band and leave the piped in stuff for the 6:00 minutes or so before the half when the band is walking down to the field.
What row. I am in the 202. I am the one that went a bit crazy at the end of the Troy game.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:05 pm

I really know the answer to this question (without a google) but figured I'd ask. It's not so much a question for this thread but I didn't want to start a new one. What exactly is the point of the screen things the team puts up behind a coach on our sideline? I know it's so that the signs can't get stolen but are opposing coaches really doing that much spying during a game. If they can see a signal from way up in the booth, relay it to their sideline and then to the offense in 5 seconds that's incredible!

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:17 pm

Everyone knows everyone else's plays. There is so much film out there these days that teams are naked. The only thing they have left is their signals to call plays. Mixing those up and trying their best to hide what small advantage they have left. In the NFL, the QBs have small speakers in their helmets to hear the coaches. College and under still consider this illegal, which I'm sure will change over the next decade. As far as stealing signs, both teams are trying to do it from the first snap. It's not about the current play but about plays the rest of the game. Most coaches aren't changing their signals at halftime unless they feel something is up, but that could be confusing for players.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:23 pm

appdaze wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:17 pm
Everyone knows everyone else's plays. There is so much film out there these days that teams are naked. The only thing they have left is their signals to call plays. Mixing those up and trying their best to hide what small advantage they have left. In the NFL, the QBs have small speakers in their helmets to hear the coaches. College and under still consider this illegal, which I'm sure will change over the next decade. As far as stealing signs, both teams are trying to do it from the first snap. It's not about the current play but about plays the rest of the game. Most coaches aren't changing their signals at halftime unless they feel something is up, but that could be confusing for players.
Don't most teams have decoy calls being done or are multiple coaches or players sending in actual calls for the same play? Also isn't it easier to see the signals from across the field as opposed to up in the press box behind the sideline coaches? Just seems like a bit of overkill but I've never done it so I'm sure you are right.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:28 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:05 pm
I really know the answer to this question (without a google) but figured I'd ask. It's not so much a question for this thread but I didn't want to start a new one. What exactly is the point of the screen things the team puts up behind a coach on our sideline? I know it's so that the signs can't get stolen but are opposing coaches really doing that much spying during a game. If they can see a signal from way up in the booth, relay it to their sideline and then to the offense in 5 seconds that's incredible!
I assumed that they were used to allow for the players on the field to easily identify and focus on the signals without all of the extra visuals taking their eyes away.

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:52 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:28 pm
bigdaddyg wrote:
I assumed that they were used to allow for the players on the field to easily identify and focus on the signals without all of the extra visuals taking their eyes away.
That was my assumption as well. Basically making a quick reference point as to where to look on the sideline and block or anything in the background that may be distracting. Could be wrong though.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:57 pm

Ok that makes way more sense to me. Is that the same thing that some teams do with the goofy signs? I kept watching the 3 flag things go up and thought it was pointless but if it's for our defense that's a good idea.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:31 am

As long as there is booze, most people will say we have a great game day experience. lol
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:57 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
OK, you obviously don't know the MMB procedure. You should have started a new thread and included the statement about not wanting to start a new thread in the title. <jk> :lol:

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:24 pm

Yosef84 wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:57 am
bigdaddyg wrote:
OK, you obviously don't know the MMB procedure. You should have started a new thread and included the statement about not wanting to start a new thread in the title. <jk> :lol:
Or there needs to be a dedicated folder for famous people (or semi-famous) who died. This is to let people know who otherwise have no access to the World Wide Web.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”