Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

El Cid game thead

AppinVA
School: Appalachian State

Re: El Cid game thead

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:11 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:04 pm
AppinVA wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:03 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:59 pm
AppinVA wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:58 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:57 pm

Football is easy in hindsight...
I asked the question in foresight, thank you very much.
And I answered as to the reason we called the timeout. It didn't work. But that is the reason.
A gamble that nearly bit us in the ass. I know it’s 35-0, so I realize what I’m being, but fourth and three isn’t foreign territory for TO teams.
And if we get the stop and go down to make it 42-0, it's a smart move.

Again, football is easy in hindsight.
Sorry. I won’t ask a question any more. I’m just a football idiot compared to AppStateNews.

Listen, I asked ONE question before all that happened, because, first it’s a message board and that’s what these things are for, and second because I have enough football knowledge to know gambles and if they’re warranted or not. We were five yards away from not.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:13 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:11 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 3:58 pm

I asked the question in foresight, thank you very much.
And I answered as to the reason we called the timeout. It didn't work. But that is the reason.
A gamble that nearly bit us in the ass. I know it’s 35-0, so I realize what I’m being, but fourth and three isn’t foreign territory for TO teams.

Sorry. I won’t ask a question any more. I’m just a football idiot compared to AppStateNews.

Listen, I asked ONE question before all that happened, because, first it’s a message board and that’s what these things are for, and second because I have enough football knowledge to know gambles and if they’re warranted or not. We were five yards away from not.
You're the only one that took offense to my answer. I told you the reason and you got mad at it.

Sorry I can't answer your question to your desire, but that was the reason. Whether it was the right move or not, I don't know. Depends on your philosophies. But, that was not your question.

I personally thought it was the right call but I also played o line and enjoy an aggressive offensive approach. Also, up until that point, our defense had been stopping all short yards to go so you put your confidence in that.

Other philosophies are also valid though. But, again, your question was why did we do it. I answered the reason why. It didn't work. You got mad.
Last edited by AppStateNews on Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

Appstate88

Unread post by Appstate88 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:16 pm

AppinATL wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:08 pm
Appstate88 wrote:
Not happy with the last 4 minutes.
I’m glad my livelihood doesn’t depend on pleaseing some of you sob’s
I’m glad your livelihood doesn’t depend on your spelling. “pleaseing”. SMH 😂
GIVE 'EM HELL APPS!

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:19 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:13 pm
AppinVA wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

You're the only one that took offense to my answer. I told you the reason and you got mad at it.

Sorry I can't answer your question to your desire, but that was the reason. Whether it was the right move or not, I don't know. Depends on your philosophies. But, that was not your question.

I personally thought it was the right call but I also played o line and enjoy an aggressive offensive approach.
Oh, FFS. Maybe I snapped back because your answer was dismissive and off-putting. I knew the motive, but I questioned it given the time remaining in the half.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:21 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:19 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
AppinVA wrote:

I personally thought it was the right call but I also played o line and enjoy an aggressive offensive approach.
Oh, FFS. Maybe I snapped back because your answer was dismissive and off-putting. I knew the motive, but I questioned it given the time remaining in the half.
You must be a savant because I didn't even know the motive other than answering a question... Nor was it dismissive and off-putting. It was simply an answer...

You must be fun at parties.

Back to the point of the thread...

GO APP!
Last edited by AppStateNews on Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tAPPedInSports.net

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:22 pm

AppinVA wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
AppinVA wrote:

Look at it this way. We have to kick to start the half. When there is a chance (albeit slim) you might get the ball back up 35-14, I see no harm in allowing the clock to expire when it’s inside 30 seconds and you’re in defense.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:23 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:21 pm
AppinVA wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

You must be a savant because I didn't even know the motive other than answering a question... Nor was it dismissive and off-putting. It was simply an answer...

You must be fun at parties.

Back to the point of the thread...

GO APP!
Actually, I’m pretty fun at parties.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:24 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:22 pm
AppinVA wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
AppinVA wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:

Look at it this way. We have to kick to start the half. When there is a chance (albeit slim) you might get the ball back up 35-14, I see no harm in allowing the clock to expire when it’s inside 30 seconds and you’re in defense.
And that's totally fair. Never said otherwise. You just took it as that way. Nothing I can do about you taking a simple answer the wrong way...

The reason for it was the stop the clock so we can get the ball back with time to score again before half. I don't know how that's an off-putting and dismissive answer with bad motives, but if that's how you want to take it, go ahead. I won't lose any sleep.
tAPPedInSports.net

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:25 pm

Has anyone told the defense it's not halftime anymore?

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:28 pm

Happy with the 35-0 lead, but lost the middle 8 again.

RankinApp

Unread post by RankinApp » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:28 pm

We secretly replaced the App State defense from the first half with people from the stands.. let's see what happens.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:30 pm

I smell a shut out getting nixed

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:30 pm

Yosefus wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:25 pm
Has anyone told the defense it's not halftime anymore?
TO teams rarely get shut out. I want to see how it goes after this.

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:31 pm

Yosefus wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:30 pm
Excuse my ignorance. I am an absolute idiot.

Great Int!

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:31 pm

Nice pick!
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:32 pm

El Cid still has 0 on the scoreboard
INT baby!!
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:33 pm

So who will we see at qb? 3rd quarter almost over

App_in_Maiden

Unread post by App_in_Maiden » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:34 pm

My god people bitching about this game…love this board LOL
“I don’t like talking to people I know, but strangers I have no problem with.” -Larry David

RankinApp

Unread post by RankinApp » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:34 pm

Yosefus wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:31 pm
Yosefus wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:30 pm
Excuse my ignorance. I am an absolute idiot.

Great Int!
Indeed, you're a terrible fan for not being prescient enough to second guess yourself in real time, and instead get caught up posting in the moment.

:mrgreen:

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:34 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:24 pm
AppinVA wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:22 pm
AppinVA wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
AppinVA wrote:

And that's totally fair. Never said otherwise. You just took it as that way. Nothing I can do about you taking a simple answer the wrong way...

The reason for it was the stop the clock so we can get the ball back with time to score again before half. I don't know how that's an off-putting and dismissive answer with bad motives, but if that's how you want to take it, go ahead. I won't lose any sleep.
If you’re up at 3 a.m. shoot me a PM. I’ll be up, but it’s more due to that being what happens to folks closing in on their 50s.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”