Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Slop on the rock

PhillyApp1

Slop on the rock

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:21 am

Ugly... and entitled

Coaches let off the gas, got vanilla
Result, players couldn’t rebound
Lawson jr was left alone to be picked on

Players melted but coaches caused the melt
We have seen this many times before and the coaches keep doing it

Do you know why great teams score 50,60,70 points........
To leave NO doubt

When coaches are making hundreds of thousands and a million(edit for new App) this should never happen.... we are in the Big leagues and coach caused losses like this keep coaches in the G league
Last edited by PhillyApp1 on Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ASUTodd
School: Appalachian State

Re: Slop on the rock

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:51 am

SFA scored 98.......

kornegaylw

Unread post by kornegaylw » Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:49 pm

We have not run up the score since really 2019. I think it's a cultural thing with out program that is based in the ball control clock milking stuff.

As much as I like Brice and think he is a great player and am so happy he is a Mountaineer his lack of mobility is holding back the offense.

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:16 pm

kornegaylw wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:49 pm
We have not run up the score since really 2019. I think it's a cultural thing with out program that is based in the ball control clock milking stuff.

As much as I like Brice and think he is a great player and am so happy he is a Mountaineer his lack of mobility is holding back the offense.
We went after Brice for his arm and the fact we didn't want to go with an inexperienced QB. Scouting report is very simple that teams don't expect Chase to ever run, and if they collapse the pocket, he will likely stay in there for the sack.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

appst1992

Unread post by appst1992 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:18 pm

The offensive line is holding back this offense…pure and simple. We averaged less than 2 yards per carry!!! If you can’t gain 1 or 2 yards when you really need it, there’s a problem! It’s been like this for the past couple of years…we cannot control the line of scrimmage. With the stable of running backs we have, we should be better at the run.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:14 pm

The worst part of yesterday’s game is WE ALL KNEW WHAT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN WHEN THE COACHES CHANGED TO VANILLA

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:31 pm

PhillyApp1 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:21 am
Ugly... and entitled

Coaches let off the gas, got vanilla
Result, players couldn’t rebound
Lawson jr was left alone to be picked on

Players melted but coaches caused the melt
We have seen this many times before and the coaches keep doing it

Do you know why great teams score 50,60,70 points........
To leave NO doubt

When coaches are making hundreds of thousands and millions this should never happen.... we are in the Big leagues and coach caused losses like this keep coaches in the G league
Hmm. Do we have one making millions?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:31 pm

I don’t think our coaches pulled back our offense. The JMU coaches and players dictated what our offense could do and we didn’t take advantage of what we could have and should have done. Late in the 2nd quarter JMU started blitzing on almost ever play. They sent backers, corners and safety’s. It was mostly to keep us from being able to throw the long ball but it also effected the running lanes. The solution is to throw short passes in the lactation vacated by the blitzing players. We’ve all heard it, take what the defense give you. Well we didn’t. Their coaches adapted, our coaches failed to adapt. This loss was a flat out coaching failure.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:36 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:31 pm
I don’t think our coaches pulled back our offense. The JMU coaches and players dictated what our offense could do and we didn’t take advantage of what we could have and should have done. Late in the 2nd quarter JMU started blitzing on almost ever play. They sent backers, corners and safety’s. It was mostly to keep us from being able to throw the long ball but it also effected the running lanes. The solution is to throw short passes in the lactation vacated by the blitzing players. We’ve all heard it, take what the defense give you. Well we didn’t. Their coaches adapted, our coaches failed to adapt. This loss was a flat out coaching failure.
We stopped miss direction plays, we stopped short passes, we stopped long passes, we stopped tight end plays, we stopped slants, we stopped running the edges......

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:58 pm

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:16 pm
kornegaylw wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:49 pm

We went after Brice for his arm and the fact we didn't want to go with an inexperienced QB. Scouting report is very simple that teams don't expect Chase to ever run, and if they collapse the pocket, he will likely stay in there for the sack.
It is my understanding that some of the pressure or sacks were not all on Chase. The team had practiced the blitz schemes and had hot reads for either the RB or WR to maneuver to the open spot where the player blitz. In several cases, that did not happen. It seems execution was part of the issue. There were a couple of times that Brice just held onto the ball too long. The sack near the EZ by the NEZ was one of those instances. These things are going to happen.

Personally, thought JMU had good offensive passing game plan. They were able to get the square out anytime they needed it.

We move on, grow and get better.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:14 pm

Mjohn1988 wrote:
How many tackles did the coaches miss? How many holding penalties did they get? How many passes did they drop? How many blocking assignments did they miss? How many sacks did they allow?

Some of you guys like Vegas odds. The streamer boys were picked to win yesterday. And they did.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:28 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:14 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:
How many tackles did the coaches miss? How many holding penalties did they get? How many passes did they drop? How many blocking assignments did they miss? How many sacks did they allow?

Some of you guys like Vegas odds. The streamer boys were picked to win yesterday. And they did.
Ummmm no. They were 7 point dogs. Stop defending our coaching staff that clearly has some issues.

TractorApp

Unread post by TractorApp » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:09 pm

appst1992 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:18 pm
The offensive line is holding back this offense…pure and simple. We averaged less than 2 yards per carry!!! If you can’t gain 1 or 2 yards when you really need it, there’s a problem! It’s been like this for the past couple of years…we cannot control the line of scrimmage. With the stable of running backs we have, we should be better at the run.
No offensive line is going to dominate when your play selection is as predictable as ours.

Mjohn1988

Unread post by Mjohn1988 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:42 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:14 pm
Mjohn1988 wrote:

Any good coach, including our good coaches will tell you they are responsible for putting their players in good situations. Our coaches didn’t do that. Vegas just wants even money on both teams so they take no risk and the “juice”. Vegas moves the line to get that even money.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:20 pm

All coaches bear some responsibility. Great coaches bear all responsibility.

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:35 pm

I swear every time we go to Vanilla Offense and Prevent defense , WE almost lose or do lose...... Play the F to win or quit.

So very tired of this same theme

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:44 pm

I’m glad that you gloom and doom idiots who only post when App loses started your own thread.
I’m not sure if you noticed, but JMU played defense too, and their D-line was dang good. But no, you’re right, the only reason we lost was because the coaches just up and decided to stop trying to score. That makes complete sense.

Bootsy

Unread post by Bootsy » Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:58 pm

So…who’s ready to talk about the Citadel?

PhillyApp1

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:49 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:44 pm
I’m glad that you gloom and doom idiots who only post when App loses started your own thread.
I’m not sure if you noticed, but JMU played defense too, and their D-line was dang good. But no, you’re right, the only reason we lost was because the coaches just up and decided to stop trying to score. That makes complete sense.
Good-I thought the play calling was great when we were up 28-3.......

Bad- and then my complaints began watching runners run up a middle that we never broke open, ever, all day

Scratch my head- I know we can run the edge, I know we can pass to tightends, I know we can use misdirection, I know we have slant routes.... and I think we can blitz to get to qb.

But again I am not a paid coach... But I have seen the same things happen when we play a certain way, over and over.

Let's see what Coach Clark has to say 🤔

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:12 pm

How you could call someone an idiot for questioning the coaching after choking away a 25 point lead in the middle of the third quarter is beyond me.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”