Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Slop on the rock

PhillyApp1

Re: Slop on the rock

Unread post by PhillyApp1 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:17 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:12 pm
How you could call someone an idiot for questioning the coaching after choking away a 25 point lead in the middle of the third quarter is beyond me.
🤔🤔🤔🤔

Good question

But let's see what Coach Clark says

InFor6More
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by InFor6More » Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:01 pm

PhillyApp1 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:17 pm
yosef69 wrote:
How you could call someone an idiot for questioning the coaching after choking away a 25 point lead in the middle of the third quarter is beyond me.
🤔🤔🤔🤔

Good question

But let's see what Coach Clark says
I’d like him more if he would say, to be honest the entire team and coaching staff were exhausted from the circus the week prior and we simply didn’t put in the work. End of story.

I could accept that and the loss.

teller

Unread post by teller » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:09 am

kornegaylw wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:49 pm
We have not run up the score since really 2019. I think it's a cultural thing with out program that is based in the ball control clock milking stuff.

As much as I like Brice and think he is a great player and am so happy he is a Mountaineer his lack of mobility is holding back the offense.
We can count on one hand the number of opponents we could’ve ran it up on. Mute point imo.

Knowing our vanilla coaching (coaching not to lose, whereas it should obviously be coaching to win commandingly!!), I wouldn’t be surprised if we win by only a few scores vs our lesser [resourced] opponents (CIT & ROB MOR)

teller

Unread post by teller » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:46 am

MrCraig wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:44 pm
I’m glad that you gloom and doom idiots who only post when App loses started your own thread.
I’m not sure if you noticed, but JMU played defense too, and their D-line was dang good. But no, you’re right, the only reason we lost was because the coaches just up and decided to stop trying to score. That makes complete sense.
So a message board intended for people to express their opinions makes them idiots for airing out their frustrations? If you call someone an idiot or any other word indicating insult, etc … it usually takes someone that is already that type of person to identify another one. This is a fans’ message board, grow a thicker skin 🤙

HkyMtneer

Unread post by HkyMtneer » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:28 am

I just wish I could figure out what the whole "Bombs over Baghdad and sandpaper their asses" philosophy actually looks like -- is this it?

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:21 am

We should be able to take the next 4, get healthy and be ready for the final 4. I seem to recall us taking a bad early conference loss but then we ran off a bunch of wins, got a little help and still won our division. I never quite get the "vanilla offense " opinions/comments.
I guess that's when you don't run reverses, 50 yard bombs or halfback options. I'm amazed at how injured we got so fast. I guess that's why some schools play smaller crappier teams to start the season. You generally put them away early and then substitute freely keeping the starters healthy. We undoubtedly took a beating in those first 3 games.

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:02 am

I’d be ok if we all just admitted we got beat by a better coached team with better players. No excuses, like exhausted, injuries etc., they are just better than us

YesAppCan

Unread post by YesAppCan » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:15 am

I’ve always been a proponent of “keep the foot on the gas”, never let up. What this affords you to do is work in second and third string guys in some games. Think back, we hardly ever get to see our back up QB and others. I never want to embarrass anyone but you have to play to win every single play… When the game is in hand, you send in the backups for very valuable game experience.

ASUFan4863

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:36 am

pop5app wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:02 am
I’d be ok if we all just admitted we got beat by a better coached team with better players. No excuses, like exhausted, injuries etc., they are just better than us
They don’t have better players. JMU is not better than App. If a team that is 90% FCS recruits has better players than us, isn’t that an issue in itself? They are A LOT better coached though. They made adjustments and we didn’t. That game was coaching malpractice. The coaches quit on the players and suffered one of the most embarrassing losses in program history. That speaks volumes about the direction of this program.

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:47 am

YesAppCan wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:15 am
I’ve always been a proponent of “keep the foot on the gas”, never let up. What this affords you to do is work in second and third string guys in some games. Think back, we hardly ever get to see our back up QB and others. I never want to embarrass anyone but you have to play to win every single play… When the game is in hand, you send in the backups for very valuable game experience.
I personally want to embarrass every single opponent we play.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:20 am

teller wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:46 am
MrCraig wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:44 pm
I’m glad that you gloom and doom idiots who only post when App loses started your own thread.
I’m not sure if you noticed, but JMU played defense too, and their D-line was dang good. But no, you’re right, the only reason we lost was because the coaches just up and decided to stop trying to score. That makes complete sense.
So a message board intended for people to express their opinions makes them idiots for airing out their frustrations? If you call someone an idiot or any other word indicating insult, etc … it usually takes someone that is already that type of person to identify another one. This is a fans’ message board, grow a thicker skin 🤙
If you're allowed your opinion, I'm allowed to call you an idiot and your opinion bad. I'm not calling anyone an idiot for asking questions, I'm calling you and others idiots because the only time you post on this message board is when you want to complain about coaching. When things go well, the majority of the people posting in this thread conspicuously disappear.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:23 am

yosef69 wrote:
Because 99% of the people who criticize coaches have never coached any sport at any level. The other team tries to win too. Sometimes they make better adjustments and win. App is 2-2 with a top 10 P5 win (and technically 1-0 in conference), and y'all act like we should just close up shop and try again next year. Get a grip. I'm not sure some of y'all even like App State.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:27 am

MrCraig wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:23 am
yosef69 wrote:
Because 99% of the people who criticize coaches have never coached any sport at any level. The other team tries to win too. Sometimes they make better adjustments and win. App is 2-2 with a top 10 P5 win (and technically 1-0 in conference), and y'all act like we should just close up shop and try again next year. Get a grip. I'm not sure some of y'all even like App State.
What a stupid comment.

Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that when a rocket blows up, someone messed up.

And I love app state and want it to be as good as possible. Not mediocre.

AppGrad1

Unread post by AppGrad1 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:30 am

Their QB's legs is what best us. We couldn't contain their QB. We had no spy on him or he either was ineffective.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:39 am

yosef69 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:27 am
MrCraig wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
What a stupid comment.

Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to know that when a rocket blows up, someone messed up.

What if App wins the rest of their games? What if they win the Sun Belt and their bowl game? Who will have the stupid comments then, me or the folks screaming that the sky is falling in week 4?
The same exact commenters who are despondent over this week's loss were the exact same commenters who were saying "Fire Ted Roof" after 2 games (both wins) in 2019.

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:41 am

MrCraig wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:39 am
yosef69 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
What a stupid comment.

What if App wins the rest of their games? What if they win the Sun Belt and their bowl game? Who will have the stupid comments then, me or the folks screaming that the sky is falling in week 4?
The same exact commenters who are despondent over this week's loss were the exact same commenters who were saying "Fire Ted Roof" after 2 games (both wins) in 2019.
If you can’t see that this wasn’t your run of the mill loss, I can’t say anything else to change your mind. It was 28-3 with 6 minutes left in the third quarter. It was an FCS call up. We were in the spotlight.

Give it up. It was a bad, bad loss.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:46 am

yosef69 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:41 am
MrCraig wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:39 am
yosef69 wrote:
MrCraig wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
What a stupid comment.

If you can’t see that this wasn’t your run of the mill loss, I can’t say anything else to change your mind. It was 28-3 with 6 minutes left in the third quarter. It was an FCS call up. We were in the spotlight.

Give it up. It was a bad, bad loss.
I didn't say it wasn't a bad loss. I'm saying one loss isn't worth someone losing their job. App has had some bad losses in the past. 41-14 to ULL last year was a bad loss. Do you know what happened the next six games after that? We've got a lot of football left to play. If we lose 6-7 games and continue to see these same problems at the end of the season THEN we coaching changes need to be considered.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:56 am

It was a bad loss.We are favored in each of our remaining games except MU.We can win out , we've seen it.We could drop three or four...

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:06 pm

ASUFan4863 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:36 am
pop5app wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:02 am
They don’t have better players. JMU is not better than App. If a team that is 90% FCS recruits has better players than us, isn’t that an issue in itself? They are A LOT better coached though. They made adjustments and we didn’t. That game was coaching malpractice. The coaches quit on the players and suffered one of the most embarrassing losses in program history. That speaks volumes about the direction of this program.
I’m one of those guys that believes the team that wins is the better team. Injuries, weather, schedule and all those excuses be d***ed. until we beat them they are better imo. That said, I am concerned that, at best we are slipping as a program.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:25 pm

teller wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:09 am
kornegaylw wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:49 pm
We have not run up the score since really 2019. I think it's a cultural thing with out program that is based in the ball control clock milking stuff.

As much as I like Brice and think he is a great player and am so happy he is a Mountaineer his lack of mobility is holding back the offense.
We can count on one hand the number of opponents we could’ve ran it up on. Mute point imo.

Knowing our vanilla coaching (coaching not to lose, whereas it should obviously be coaching to win commandingly!!), I wouldn’t be surprised if we win by only a few scores vs our lesser [resourced] opponents (CIT & ROB MOR)
Assuming we get a good sized lead on either or both RM and Citadel, would you rather we go ahead and run up the score or let more of our roster get a lot more playing time than usual in order to increase depth?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”