Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

JMU Game Day Thread

WataugaMan
School: Appalachian State

Re: JMU Game Day Thread

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:59 pm

I've not said that that he should stand up in from of the press and give detailed answers. However, indicating he has no answer at all isn't a good idea either. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:03 pm

I listened to 3 different press conferences from losing teams. The basic response. I do not know until I go back and look at the film.
It is coach speak. A coach may have some indication, however, you will typically not get a detailed response in a post game presser.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:07 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:03 pm
I listened to 3 different press conferences from losing teams. The basic response. I do not know until I go back and look at the film.
It is coach speak. A coach may have some indication, however, you will typically not get a detailed response in a post game presser.
I don't know..... Tucker pretty much knew what the deal was in his press conference....
“The resume is on the tape. So, right now, I’m a horseshit football coach,” Tucker said at his Monday press conference. “That’s honestly how I think about it. So, we’ve got to get better.” When asked if he felt personally responsible for the poor play of Michigan State’s cornerbacks and secondary against Washington, Tucker was very blunt.

“Hell yeah, I take it personal. I take it all personal,” he said.

ASUFan4863

Unread post by ASUFan4863 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:18 pm

MrCraig wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:26 am
ASUFan4863 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:16 am
Stonewall wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:13 am
We got handled ....but the punt call on Tucker was horrendous and likely a game changer.
That interference call completely changed the game. Everyone could see that the JMU player hit his own guy. Idk how the refs couldn’t. That gave them 35 yards or so to score a TD. Leadership should have stood up then and rallied the guys but they didn’t. I think we lack leadership. From coaching down. It has shown.
I was with you and then you lost me. What was leadership supposed to do? Fight the refs? Refuse to play the rest of the game?

Sometimes the other team just wants it more. Sometimes the other team is just straight up better. And sometimes sh*t just happens.
I clearly said “rally the guys”. The team looked completely deflated after that and started making mental mistake after mistake. They then proceeded to celebrate the game by going to Ale House. Is everyone just not worried about the state of our program after celebrating a loss to an FCS team?? Cmon. Leadership needs to step up

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:03 pm

I cannot fault the team for going to Ale House after the game. Get real, I doubt anybody was celebrating. Guys are human and need to regroup.

Probably most of us would have liked to have gone to Ale House.

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:07 pm

I blame the AD for the schedule on this. most everyone woulda thought App would be 2-2 before the season, but no one thought it would be this way. A good AD isn't going to make a team play back to back P5 teams and then go right into Conf games. UNC was the super bowl, A&M was a miracle, Troy was luck and JMU was a debacle. the emotional roller coaster of the last 4 weeks isn't good for the program, players, coaches.
8 wins after losing all WR"S and 7/8 defensive starters is realistic # for this team.

And please don't sell me that non sense this week that the Citadel game is sold out. I puke the way they create a narrative in the Ricks House.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:10 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:07 pm
I blame the AD for the schedule on this. most everyone woulda thought App would be 2-2 before the season, but no one thought it would be this way. A good AD isn't going to make a team play back to back P5 teams and then go right into Conf games. UNC was the super bowl, A&M was a miracle, Troy was luck and JMU was a debacle. the emotional roller coaster of the last 4 weeks isn't good for the program, players, coaches.
8 wins after losing all WR"S and 7/8 defensive starters is realistic # for this team.

And please don't sell me that non sense this week that the Citadel game is sold out. I puke the way they create a narrative in the Ricks House.

Seeing citadel or Robert Morris before jmu woulda been favorable

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:36 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:

If we want to draw those big checks and play a schedule that the CFP will respect then we have to. Playing FCS teams don’t help us. We also see what happens when you win those games.

Schedules are done well I’m advance. Gillin had no way of knowing exactly how personnel would be when it was done. We also saw it changed some this past summer when the new teams came in. You can’t really fault Gillin on this. Having to add JMU so quick wasn’t on him.

I also agree it would have been nice to start with a FCS game or separate the P5 games but is that an option that Gillin had? I doubt it.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:40 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:

Superbowl?

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:53 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:03 pm
I cannot fault the team for going to Ale House after the game. Get real, I doubt anybody was celebrating. Guys are human and need to regroup.

Of all the questions that could be asked, this is not one of them.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:26 pm

AppinVA wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:53 pm
AtlAppMan wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:03 pm

Of all the questions that could be asked, this is not one of them.
Cone on man!! How dare they go out in public until they win another game. They have a penance to pay to us fans!! PB&J sandwiches or Spam sandwiches at home for a week!!😂
#99ForPresident!!

AppInDC

Unread post by AppInDC » Sun Sep 25, 2022 6:32 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:

If I recall correctly, this wasn't the original schedule. We were originally going to play UNC and A&M and then go to Marshall for another nonconference game and then have a week off before Citadel (correct me if I am wrong). But with realignment and Marshall becoming a conference member, that was moved to later in the season and they had to accommodate JMU as well. I don't know how much flexibility the scheduling had with the recent developments.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:49 pm

Now it is a scheduling problem. I thought it was any time, any place.
#99ForPresident!!

Apptrain

Unread post by Apptrain » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:16 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:49 pm
This

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:16 pm

How does mediocrity creep into a company? When you start accepting it.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:32 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
The schedule is tough. I think there’s no debating that

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:46 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:32 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
Does not matter. Any time any place. I never blame scheduling because sometimes you can't help how good a team is. The only reason I'm not upset about 2 FCS this year is because we had 2 P5s and could not help it but I think we have to go for a tough schedule. If you need a weak schedule to win 10 games or a conference title then you were never any good to begin with. I will take the tough schedule every year. I rather know what we are made of in October than get to the end of season and be embarrassed when we play a good team. I love playing 2 P5s.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:53 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:46 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:32 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
Does not matter. Any time any place. I never blame scheduling because sometimes you can't help how good a team is. The only reason I'm not upset about 2 FCS this year is because we had 2 P5s and could not help it but I think we have to go for a tough schedule. If you need a weak schedule to win 10 games or a conference title then you were never any good to begin with. I will take the tough schedule every year. I rather know what we are made of in October than get to the end of season and be embarrassed when we play a good team. I love playing 2 P5s.
It’s all about where you place them. Look at Bama or ga. It’s placement

Howard Street Hooligan

Unread post by Howard Street Hooligan » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:43 pm

How did we get boned and get Marshall, Coastal and Southern all the road. Probably our 3 biggest rivals all away and all at home every year? I’d like to see one of them changed tbh.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:14 pm

Good fortune.So far we have played better on the road .

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”