Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

JMU Game Day Thread

hapapp
School: Appalachian State

Re: JMU Game Day Thread

Unread post by hapapp » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:52 am

AtlAppMan wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:18 am
As I get further out in time from game I have adjusted some of my initial reaction.

1. I still don't think we should have blown a 25 pt lead and there are no excuses
2. We got conservative on our play calling when we got up, coaches now acknowledge that, we have GOT to learn to keep our foot on the pedal when we get a lead.
3. Previous 3 weeks definitely took a Physical and Mental toll on our team that was a factor. These are 18-24 yr old young men so I have to remind myself that they are only human.
4. JMU got to play us at the best time for them, one real game, a DII tune up game and week off
5. I knew JMU was formidable opponent and they proved it, that just confirmed what I knew.
6. We made too many mistakes against a good opponent which led to a loss. We should have won.

There are several REAL contributing factors for our performance or lack thereof but when up 25 you have to finish.
Just a note: Norfolk State is FCS.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:53 pm

hapapp wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:52 am
AtlAppMan wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:18 am
As I get further out in time from game I have adjusted some of my initial reaction.

1. I still don't think we should have blown a 25 pt lead and there are no excuses
2. We got conservative on our play calling when we got up, coaches now acknowledge that, we have GOT to learn to keep our foot on the pedal when we get a lead.
3. Previous 3 weeks definitely took a Physical and Mental toll on our team that was a factor. These are 18-24 yr old young men so I have to remind myself that they are only human.
4. JMU got to play us at the best time for them, one real game, a DII tune up game and week off
5. I knew JMU was formidable opponent and they proved it, that just confirmed what I knew.
6. We made too many mistakes against a good opponent which led to a loss. We should have won.

There are several REAL contributing factors for our performance or lack thereof but when up 25 you have to finish.
Just a note: Norfolk State is FCS.
I know but being facetious. I guess you didn't pick that up. Remember all the times everybody called US DII? I got it as recently as a few weeks ago from a Syracuse alum after the A&M game, "Aren't you guys DII?" So I had to give it back to somebody.

Apexmountaineer

Unread post by Apexmountaineer » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:18 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:18 pm
Apexmountaineer wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:14 pm
See, terrible!! Embarrassing
I’m glad you decided to join the message board with these brilliant insights
Hey @seattleapp, curious what you think about our performance in this first half of the TxState game?

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:14 pm

Apexmountaineer wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:18 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Apexmountaineer wrote:
Hey @seattleapp, curious what you think about our performance in this first half of the TxState game?
Pretty bad. Glad to see you are relishing our failures. Also glad to see you’ve clearly been hoping to be able to send this message. I love you are supposedly an app fan and you are trolling another app fan to take some pathetic victory lap after we lose.

App_in_Maiden

Unread post by App_in_Maiden » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:21 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:14 pm
Apexmountaineer wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
Apexmountaineer wrote:
Pretty bad. Glad to see you are relishing our failures. Also glad to see you’ve clearly been hoping to be able to send this message. I love you are supposedly an app fan and you are trolling another app fan to take some pathetic victory lap after we lose.
Again, they only come out when we lose.
“I don’t like talking to people I know, but strangers I have no problem with.” -Larry David

Apexmountaineer

Unread post by Apexmountaineer » Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:53 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Apexmountaineer wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
Apexmountaineer wrote:
Love your holier than thou mentality.

I was simply wondering if your tune had changed about getting all butt hurt 2weeks ago when someone who’s been a following app state football since 2000 voiced frustration about the current direction this year’s team is heading.

I hate when we lose, especially when on paper we shouldn’t.

The only thing that is pathetic is when some “fans” refuse to call a spade a spade and admit this team needs a lot of work.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:53 pm

Apexmountaineer wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 9:53 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Apexmountaineer wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
Apexmountaineer wrote:

I was simply wondering if your tune had changed about getting all butt hurt 2weeks ago when someone who’s been a following app state football since 2000 voiced frustration about the current direction this year’s team is heading.

The only thing that is pathetic is when some “fans” refuse to call a spade a spade and admit this team needs a lot of work.
That’s your comeback? Butt hurt? I’m holier than thou? You’ve been nowhere on this board until we began struggling then you came flying in with hot takes. And what is it 2 weeks later you specifically call me out to take the win on our loss. Who said this team doesn’t need work? That wasn’t the tone at all of your posts. But hey man have a drink tonight and celebrate. App lost so in your mind you won by somehow weirdly conflating their loss with you being a “real” fan. Take a bow real fan. Maybe App will struggle some more and you can really puff your chest out. I like your style

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Sat Oct 08, 2022 11:18 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:53 pm
Apexmountaineer wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
Apexmountaineer wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:

That’s your comeback? Butt hurt? I’m holier than thou? You’ve been nowhere on this board until we began struggling then you came flying in with hot takes. And what is it 2 weeks later you specifically call me out to take the win on our loss. Who said this team doesn’t need work? That wasn’t the tone at all of your posts. But hey man have a drink tonight and celebrate. App lost so in your mind you won by somehow weirdly conflating their loss with you being a “real” fan. Take a bow real fan. Maybe App will struggle some more and you can really puff your chest out. I like your style
He’s been waiting for a few weeks to say “I told you so”. Maybe if he’d cheered harder for his team instead of obsessing over an old post, they’d have won.

Apexmountaineer

Unread post by Apexmountaineer » Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:54 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Apexmountaineer wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
Apexmountaineer wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:

You seem to miss the point of a message board…its to have discussions. My reply to you last night was simply to ask your opinion on the performance of the team in the first half. Instead of responding and actually having a discussion you chose to respond with some BS like you did.

Do I post on here regularly? From time to time. Does that mean that I can’t comment when I feel the team is having a poor showing or giving poor effort?? NO. Do I love it when App Loses? Hell no!

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:19 pm

Apexmountaineer wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:54 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Apexmountaineer wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
Apexmountaineer wrote:

You seem to miss the point of a message board…its to have discussions. My reply to you last night was simply to ask your opinion on the performance of the team in the first half. Instead of responding and actually having a discussion you chose to respond with some BS like you did.

Do I post on here regularly? From time to time. Does that mean that I can’t comment when I feel the team is having a poor showing or giving poor effort?? NO. Do I love it when App Loses? Hell no!
You can post whatever whenever. I should take it as a compliment I’ve been on your mind so much. But coming on here specifically to piss on the team and coaches is corny. Do we have some things to clean up? Absolutely and I’ll have those discussions all day long but that’s not what’s being talked about on this board. It’s just a bunch of men way too old, losing their minds because App losing ruins their day. But few of them can scratch any deeper. They never talk about injures, replacing guys that are on nfl rosters with new guys. Its just, fire Clark, fire Jones, fire the ad. We suck. We need a real coach. With all due respect a lot of the bullshit being spewed on here are by people who know little about what it takes to have a successful team. They just was to be happy on Sunday. People are actually saying Clark is on the hot seat? These aren’t serious people

Apexmountaineer

Unread post by Apexmountaineer » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:40 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:19 pm
Apexmountaineer wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
Apexmountaineer wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:

You can post whatever whenever. I should take it as a compliment I’ve been on your mind so much. But coming on here specifically to piss on the team and coaches is corny. Do we have some things to clean up? Absolutely and I’ll have those discussions all day long but that’s not what’s being talked about on this board. It’s just a bunch of men way too old, losing their minds because App losing ruins their day. But few of them can scratch any deeper. They never talk about injures, replacing guys that are on nfl rosters with new guys. Its just, fire Clark, fire Jones, fire the ad. We suck. We need a real coach. With all due respect a lot of the bullshit being spewed on here are by people who know little about what it takes to have a successful team. They just was to be happy on Sunday. People are actually saying Clark is on the hot seat? These aren’t serious people
Hey, some common ground! I agree, calling for a coach’s job or acting like we on this board “know a better way to do it” is something I don’t agree with and if you look back you won’t find a post from me calling for anyone’s job.

Also these are kids playing these games which is why try to never call any of them out by name but will talk about position groups. (If I’m honest, I probably have called out a kicker before…)

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:43 pm

Apexmountaineer wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
Apexmountaineer wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
Apexmountaineer wrote:

He is definitely not on the hot seat now but there is a chance we miss out on a bowl game now. Keep in mind, assuming we beat Robert Morris, we have to win 7 games to be bowl eligible this season. We can rebound and go 9-3 but I could also see a scenario where we finish 7-5 or worse. I'm hopeful they fix some things and we see the team make a run here.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:53 pm

Apexmountaineer wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:40 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:19 pm
Apexmountaineer wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
Apexmountaineer wrote:

Hey, some common ground! I agree, calling for a coach’s job or acting like we on this board “know a better way to do it” is something I don’t agree with and if you look back you won’t find a post from me calling for anyone’s job.

Also these are kids playing these games which is why try to never call any of them out by name but will talk about position groups. (If I’m honest, I probably have called out a kicker before…)
I think it all starts with our defensive lines inability to get pressure. Hampton is getting chipped all over the place. So the qb’s have all day. Couple that with some of our young secondary struggling and jones is in a catch 22. You blitz you risk getting torched. So you rush 3 and hope you can defend which we aren’t doing well either. Too many missed tackles. Add that to some injures and new faces and we have problems. People take for granted how good Jackson and Taylor were. Plus we lost huff and Harrington is out. Those are big losses. Like I said it’s not as simple as just plug and play. Which is why I’m not screaming for Jones to be fired. Hes got his hands full this year

Apexmountaineer

Unread post by Apexmountaineer » Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:21 pm

Very valid point, if we don’t have a secondary that is tough enough to hold their own vs receivers it makes it very hard to bring pressure with anything other than the down lineman. We’ve got to find a way to get consistent pressure or teams are going to keep picking us apart in the air

AppDub

Unread post by AppDub » Sat Oct 15, 2022 4:45 pm

Apexmountaineer wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 2:21 pm
Very valid point, if we don’t have a secondary that is tough enough to hold their own vs receivers it makes it very hard to bring pressure with anything other than the down lineman. We’ve got to find a way to get consistent pressure or teams are going to keep picking us apart in the air
Fast enough is probably more the issue than tough enough. We are slow in the secondary. Maybe its indecision, but we seem to be lagging behind. Pressure is definitely needed. We can get there. Looking forward to seeing what the break has done for us.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:00 pm

JMU rush defense is legit, pass maybe not

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:00 pm

Is it a rule that when a Sun Belt team gets ranked, Georgia Southern just gets to beat them?

ASU-FTW

Unread post by ASU-FTW » Sat Oct 15, 2022 7:00 pm

JMU is nut sack

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”