Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

JMU Game Day Thread

yosef69
School: Appalachian State

Re: JMU Game Day Thread

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:47 am

Howard Street Hooligan wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:44 am
Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:28 am
WataugaMan wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:04 am
app97 wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:49 pm
WataugaMan wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:34 pm
I didn't hear Clark's post game interview today, anyone else? Comments?
Frustrated, embarrassed…need to do a better job, will regroup tomorrow, etc etc. it’s on YouTube after every game.

First question asked, "What happened to the offense in the 2nd half?", SC response, "I wish I had an answer". Is he implying he has no clue? Just asking.
Clark has no clue as to what going on. Personally I think he should fire Barbay today. And if he’s not prepared to do that he should resign in disgrace as he clearly doesn’t know what he’s doing. And he’s absolutely not head coach material I tell you that right now. But he shouldn’t do anything before running Dale Jones out of town. This is the only logical solution as I see it. It’s September, the season is obviously over. We are staring 2-10 in the face. 3-9 if we are lucky to get by the Citadel which I’m not sure we are.

This season has been an absolute embarrassment for me as a guy who sits in the stands and watches. Yes I cheered when we beat Texas A&M even though in my mind I knew they were overrated. And yeah gameday was in Boone but I hate Kirk herbstreit because he called us cupcakes 15 years ago and you don’t let something like that go…ever. I showed up to watch gameday and saw all the support for App State from ESPN and others, not to mention the remarkable turnout by our fans but I secretly wished gameday had never shown up. And sure Troy had very good O and D lines and we are dealing with young men who had just played two incredible taxing games at home and on the road and sure they fought to the last play and won, and yea I cheered like crazy but I quickly composed myself and became upset because they didn’t beat Troy the way I would have wanted them to. I didn’t appreciate them stressing me out. And now JMU comes to town with basically a month to focus solely on us. And they won. App didn’t close the show. And by God that ruined my Saturday. So damnit there better be some heads rolling today.

But if I think about it I’ve always sorta known App would lose. Ya see if you go into a game expecting them to lose you aren’t as hurt when they do. We like to call that hedging our bets emotionally. But don’t those kids know they play for my enjoyment? Don’t they understand it’s so I can be happy in my house as a grown man with a family and a career? Did they not get the memo?

This is the only logical next step
You want the best for app and call yourself a fan but you go and type “I secretly wished gameday had never shown up.” What an absolute dumb thing to type out/say. Maybe the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen on here.
He’s purposefully exaggerating to make himself look like the “reasonable” one in other posts.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:47 am

ASUTodd wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:30 am
RankinApp wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:20 am
Yup, from the JMU board.. that should quell the Transfer U talk.

For the record to the App fans visiting here, in our starting 22, we have:

2 fbs transfers: centeio, edwards
4 FCs transfers: Thornton, swann, Greene, saratt
16 jmu recruits: including entire offensive line, 3 of 4 on D line, both linebackers.

We are not a Transfer U. We predominantly build our teams and plug in a few holes, just like everyone. And fyi, app’s qb is an fbs transfer.

Yep That is what is most impressive to me. JMu has gotten off to a red hot start in the FBS transition year and has done it with almost all FCS recruits.

As I thought, app fans are embarrassed to lose that game. They were supposed to be king of the hill and perennial Sun Belt champs, almost unbeatable at home, conquerors of #6 Texas A&M (#1 in NIL buying players ).
And a roster full of FCS recruits came to the Rock and stole their lunch money then knocked their remaining teeth out.

With 2 or 3 more FBS recruiting classes, JMU will have big time advantages in the Sun Belt.
I think I hate JMU more than GaSo.

Many on this board wanted them to move up to FBS and join the Belt.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:51 am

Like I said, I was just asking. I've had many jobs in my lifetime and at times things didn't go correctly. And, when asked by upper management or whoever "what went wrong", stating that I had no answer was something I never responded with, don't think it would have gone over to well. :)

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:54 am

WataugaMan wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:51 am
Like I said, I was just asking. I've had many jobs in my lifetime and at times things didn't go correctly. And, when asked by upper management or whoever "what went wrong", stating that I had no answer was something I never responded with, don't think it would have gone over to well. :)
A reasonable take that I’m sure you’ll get lambasted for

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:54 am

NewApp wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:47 am
ASUTodd wrote:
RankinApp wrote:

16 jmu recruits: including entire offensive line, 3 of 4 on D line, both linebackers.

We are not a Transfer U. We predominantly build our teams and plug in a few holes, just like everyone. And fyi, app’s qb is an fbs transfer.

Yep That is what is most impressive to me. JMu has gotten off to a red hot start in the FBS transition year and has done it with almost all FCS recruits.

As I thought, app fans are embarrassed to lose that game. They were supposed to be king of the hill and perennial Sun Belt champs, almost unbeatable at home, conquerors of #6 Texas A&M (#1 in NIL buying players ).
And a roster full of FCS recruits came to the Rock and stole their lunch money then knocked their remaining teeth out.

With 2 or 3 more FBS recruiting classes, JMU will have big time advantages in the Sun Belt.

I’m glad they joined the league. They are a good program and we should want the best we can get in our league. They belong and will force us to be even better. Should we want awful teams like Charlotte or say Elon just so we can win an easy title against inferior teams? Heck no. Winning a title with Marshall, GSU, JMU, Louisana, CCU, etc means a lot more. We should be glad they are here. They are going to rise the tide of the SBC wave even more.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:55 am

yosef69 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:54 am
WataugaMan wrote:
100%. Our media will accept that BS but Gillin won’t. He better have a good answer for and I’ll bet Gillin has already asked him that and probably asked what he could provide to help us fix it.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

RankinApp

Unread post by RankinApp » Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:57 am

NewApp wrote:
I'm one of those. JMU is a really good program across the board. I'm glad they're in the SB.

It should be a wakeup call to everyone else in the conference. They weren't exaggerating when they said they were coming to own the Belt. They have the resources and attitude to do so.

As good as we've been in football I'm hoping this lights a fire under the athletic department as a whole.

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:57 am

yosef69 wrote:
WataugaMan wrote:
LOL

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:58 am

RankinApp wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:57 am
NewApp wrote:
I'm one of those. JMU is a really good program across the board. I'm glad they're in the SB.

It should be a wakeup call to everyone else in the conference. They weren't exaggerating when they said they were coming to own the Belt. They have the resources and attitude to do so.

As good as we've been in football I'm hoping this lights a fire under the athletic department as a whole.
100%. We came to own the belt and they are as well. Marshall is here to do so also. The bar has been risen above what we raised it to. The ball is in our court to respond.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:59 am

NewApp wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
RankinApp wrote:

Having teams in our division we love to hate is a feature, not a bug.

Yesterday sucked more than anything, but it’s why they were invited. It’s incumbent on our program to raise our game

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:03 am

RankinApp wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:57 am
NewApp wrote:

Me too. We moved up and dominated a conference filled with nobodies. It’s no mystery why the Sun Belt was considered awful for 15 years.

Now we’ve got what we asked for and brought in some actual football programs like JMU & Marshall. I hope we are ready for what that brings, but yesterday is not a good sign considering we’ve been given a 7 year head start over JMU.
YNWA

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:20 am

Hard to believe that just a few years ago we went to Idaho and played a conference game in a hanger. We have and still play games at Texas State and South Alabama in virtually empty stadiums. The restructured conference is considerably more difficult. We came in and dominated mostly dog crap programs and thumped our chests. Guys on here described our rosters as Lamborghini's. While we have done well there needed to be a little reality check. I've personally used an approach to App and our opponents. The other schools recruit, practice, game plan and actually compete just as hard or harder than we do. Many App fans act like we should just roll everyone we play and simply can't handle any loss. Yesterday was brutal especially the sacks and turnovers.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:24 am

yosef69 wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:17 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:16 pm
Come on. You guys don't care about WVU so what difference does it make what I say? You guys are reaching.
Haha, so it’s fine when you say it about your team but not when we say it about ours.

I love this team as much or more than you do so don’t tell me how to react when we lose in embarrassing and unacceptable fashion.
He’s not an App guy.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:25 am

GEEZ - I do believe he was being facetious :roll: :o :roll:
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:27 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:24 am
yosef69 wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:17 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:16 pm
Come on. You guys don't care about WVU so what difference does it make what I say? You guys are reaching.
Haha, so it’s fine when you say it about your team but not when we say it about ours.

I love this team as much or more than you do so don’t tell me how to react when we lose in embarrassing and unacceptable fashion.
He’s not an App guy.
Define "APP guy" - Your greatness
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:28 am

If you have to ask, you ain’t one.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:35 am

yosef69 wrote:
WataugaMan wrote:
His question was reasonable. It’s the hyperbole on here that’s not

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:38 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:20 am
Hard to believe that just a few years ago we went to Idaho and played a conference game in a hanger. We have and still play games at Texas State and South Alabama in virtually empty stadiums. The restructured conference is considerably more difficult. We came in and dominated mostly dog crap programs and thumped our chests. Guys on here described our rosters as Lamborghini's. While we have done well there needed to be a little reality check. I've personally used an approach to App and our opponents. The other schools recruit, practice, game plan and actually compete just as hard or harder than we do. Many App fans act like we should just roll everyone we play and simply can't handle any loss. Yesterday was brutal especially the sacks and turnovers.
Losing is fine. It will happen. Blowing a 28-3 lead at home should never happen.

I can’t speak for everyone, but that’s why I’m disappointed. I honestly think had it been 21-21 headed into the 4th and we lost 34-28, people would be disappointed we lost but not nearly the reaction we’ve seen.

Blowing a 4 score lead is some Reggie Miller “choke sign” worthy stuff.
YNWA

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:40 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:28 am
If you have to ask, you ain’t one.
Define it big mouth
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:47 am

NewApp wrote:
ASUTodd wrote:
RankinApp wrote:

I wanted them to move up and join the belt. I'm glad they are here.... They drive competition. Doesn't mean I don't hate them with every ounce of my being.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”