Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

JMU Game Day Thread

BambooRdApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: JMU Game Day Thread

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:57 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:32 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:49 pm
Now it is a scheduling problem. I thought it was any time, any place.
The schedule is tough. I think there’s no debating that
Agree 100% on schedule. Maybe more difficult than we anticipated. Troy and JMU are better than what I anticipated for sure If we wanted any chance at consideration of the playoff, my thoughts are you have to do like Cincy last year. Beat a Top 10 team and run the table. This did not play out in reality and not sure we would have gotten any consideration if we had run the table as it seems you need multiple years of success. When you get to the elite schools, definitely do not believe we are there and do not believe we would have been selected even if we had run the table. However, it would have been nice if the hard work of the players and coaches would have paid off to a historical run to a Top 15 given the tough schedule. Now, we are where we are...we control our destiny to get to SBC Championship game.

The tough schedule could be contributing to the injuries as well. A couple of the players on offense and defense have had a history of injuries and that is unfortunate. Hopefully, all the players get healthy.....it would be great to see them back for hopefully a nice run for rest of season.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Sep 26, 2022 10:14 am

Cincy was about an inch from not going to the Final 4 - The Okla State RB came up less than an inch short on the last play of the game in the Big 12 championship game - they score, they go --- and there was nothing more Cincy could do - They did all they could and still barely made it - possibly with a new format other G5s will get a real shot -
https://www.si.com/college/2021/12/04/o ... -12-ending
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:44 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:46 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:
Does not matter. Any time any place. I never blame scheduling because sometimes you can't help how good a team is. The only reason I'm not upset about 2 FCS this year is because we had 2 P5s and could not help it but I think we have to go for a tough schedule. If you need a weak schedule to win 10 games or a conference title then you were never any good to begin with. I will take the tough schedule every year. I rather know what we are made of in October than get to the end of season and be embarrassed when we play a good team. I love playing 2 P5s.
My point was more how the games fall. I’d much rather have played citadel last week and jmu this week.

DenverOfTheEast

Unread post by DenverOfTheEast » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:53 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:
Does not matter. Any time any place. I never blame scheduling because sometimes you can't help how good a team is. The only reason I'm not upset about 2 FCS this year is because we had 2 P5s and could not help it but I think we have to go for a tough schedule. If you need a weak schedule to win 10 games or a conference title then you were never any good to begin with. I will take the tough schedule every year. I rather know what we are made of in October than get to the end of season and be embarrassed when we play a good team. I love playing 2 P5s.
Let me clarify my point a little better --- Sure anytime any place blah blah blah.... But my original point was space the P5 games out. Drinkwitz and the best team App state has ever had didn't have to play UNC and USC back to back. You went from the biggest game in Boone aka the 'Super Bowl' to winning on the road in an improbable victory to back to facing a much improved Troy and contender in JMU....impossible to handle the emotions and physicality of it all. Clark and that team shoulda never been playing UNC/A&M back to back -- Gillin shoulda done better.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:25 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:53 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:
Let me clarify my point a little better --- Sure anytime any place blah blah blah.... But my original point was space the P5 games out. Drinkwitz and the best team App state has ever had didn't have to play UNC and USC back to back. You went from the biggest game in Boone aka the 'Super Bowl' to winning on the road in an improbable victory to back to facing a much improved Troy and contender in JMU....impossible to handle the emotions and physicality of it all. Clark and that team shoulda never been playing UNC/A&M back to back -- Gillin shoulda done better.
You can only schedule them when they are available.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:35 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:44 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:
My point was more how the games fall. I’d much rather have played citadel last week and jmu this week.
I know but to get the schedules to work and not force even more changes from other schools I don’t think he could help it. Maybe he could have moved a FCS game to week zero but would that FCS team have been okay with it?

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:38 pm

DenverOfTheEast wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:53 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
BambooRdApp wrote:
I know what you are saying and usually I agree but my point is I don’t know if he could have done better. Remember these new members decided to push up a year and we had last minute schedule changes this spring after schedules had well be done. I don’t think Gillin had full control. I wondered if one of those FCS teams would have played us in week zero.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:27 pm

Regardless, we lost to JMU which sets up a real rivalry in the future. I doubt we are the only Sun Belt team that falls to JMU this season.

We lost to Marshall in 2020, which made the win in 2021 so sweet. If you never loose to a team can you call it a rivalry? It just sets up App for success in the future.

Just think, if Middle Tennessee State had not lot to JMU would they have been able to beat Miami? Would we have been able to beat Texas A&M if we had beaten UNC-Ch?

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:52 pm

AppWyo wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:27 pm
Regardless, we lost to JMU which sets up a real rivalry in the future. I doubt we are the only Sun Belt team that falls to JMU this season.

We lost to Marshall in 2020, which made the win in 2021 so sweet. If you never loose to a team can you call it a rivalry? It just sets up App for success in the future.

Just think, if Middle Tennessee State had not lot to JMU would they have been able to beat Miami? Would we have been able to beat Texas A&M if we had beaten UNC-Ch?
Reading this made my hangover from Saturday return. Feel like I just slugged a fireball again.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:43 am

"The crew missed the call"

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:53 am

Did we receive an email acknowledging the missed call on the PR?

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Tue Sep 27, 2022 1:11 pm

Was there a replay on that call?

ah59396

Unread post by ah59396 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:11 pm

YNWA

TheMoody1

Unread post by TheMoody1 » Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:32 pm

ah59396 wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 4:11 pm
Lol. Should send these to the coaching staff.😉

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:32 am

Unfortunately...

NattyBumppo'sRevenge

Unread post by NattyBumppo'sRevenge » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:58 am

:lol: :lol:
ah59396 wrote:

App91

Unread post by App91 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:10 pm

NattyBumppo'sRevenge wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:58 am
:lol: :lol:
ah59396 wrote:
To the winner goes the spolils

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:22 pm

ah59396 wrote:
I hope that guy bought two of those.....
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:54 am

After reading thru most of this thread - there were a couple of points discussed that I wanted to comment on - in general, not the JMU specific ---
I read several posts where the point seemed to be that we (most FBS teams) should not lose to a FCS or recent FCS team - We have always discussed over the years when we were FCS that we could compete with most FBS teams until we got worn down with lack of quality backups - Specifically JMU didn't have this problem because they had stocked their players because of covid years -
The main point I want to make is that I think some are downplaying the quality of top FCS players. I would venture to say that they are several FCS teams who have more players starting/playing in the NFL than App State...
I recently read where North Dakota State had 15 players on rosters in week one
The point is - there are good players everywhere and they shouldn't be looked down upon because of what letters are in front of the school name he plays for ---
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:18 am

As I get further out in time from game I have adjusted some of my initial reaction.

1. I still don't think we should have blown a 25 pt lead and there are no excuses
2. We got conservative on our play calling when we got up, coaches now acknowledge that, we have GOT to learn to keep our foot on the pedal when we get a lead.
3. Previous 3 weeks definitely took a Physical and Mental toll on our team that was a factor. These are 18-24 yr old young men so I have to remind myself that they are only human.
4. JMU got to play us at the best time for them, one real game, a DII tune up game and week off
5. I knew JMU was formidable opponent and they proved it, that just confirmed what I knew.
6. We made too many mistakes against a good opponent which led to a loss. We should have won.

There are several REAL contributing factors for our performance or lack thereof but when up 25 you have to finish.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”