Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Morning after - Good, Bad, Ugly

Saint3333

Morning after - Good, Bad, Ugly

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:36 am

Very disappointing loss, I can’t recall an App time losing after being up 25.

Good - prep and initial game plan. Both sides were clicking. Our WRs ran great routes, line provided time and defense started 0-9 on third downs. Getting Cobb back to as big and really stepped up in pass coverage. We also covered a kickoff!

Bad - secondary communication in the second half you could see Jones Jr was upset with a couple of blown assignments. Not adjusting to the flow of the game, the refs were not calling physical play by the cornerbacks, JMU out worked us there.

Ugly - lack of in-game adjustment (or execution) JMU’s first seven made adjustments and our pass blocking never caught up. Carry that line and our scheme kept A&M at bay and let JMU push them around. The middle eight, we like to talk about its importance, but 0-4 on the season in that department.

This is going to be the tale of three seasons, the first four games record it what I thought it would be going into the season, but blowing a lead like that isn’t Mountaineer football and Clark is saying the right things there.

The next four should give us the opportunity to improve and our team ready for a tough last four.

Still have hope we can right this ship and start to play a full consistent 60 minutes.

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool
School: Appalachian State

Re: Morning after - Good, Bad, Ugly

Unread post by GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool » Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:45 am

I feel Ike there’s been a lot of “right this ship” over the last 3 seasons while the ship continues to go in the same direction…

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”