Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Crowds

Rekdiver
School: Appalachian State

Crowds

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:40 pm

The game day experience is awesome. Our tailgate is rocking, the crowds are loud, stadium is full and our students are in a class all by themselves. 50 years ago I was practically sitting by myself in the rain watching us struggle with Bluefield State.
Good God I love how far we’ve come.

Stonewall

Re: Crowds

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:26 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:40 pm
The game day experience is awesome. Our tailgate is rocking, the crowds are loud, stadium is full and our students are in a class all by themselves. 50 years ago I was practically sitting by myself in the rain watching us struggle with Bluefield State.
That was you in the yellow slicker?

acp

Unread post by acp » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:19 pm

When I was a student (1987-1991), it was better than what Rekdiver experienced years earlier, but it was still a far cry from what we see today. It really is exciting to see how much energy now exists.

Anyone know what average student attendance was at home games in the late ‘80s, right when we began consistently finishing above .500? I’ve seen overall attendance figures from that era, but I don’t know how many of those in attendance were students.

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:14 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
I remember seeing it was a nice day, my dad and I deciding to go up to the game, and getting tickets on the 15 yard line for $10 apiece. We also parked in Raley lot —arriving around 30 minutes before the game. That was only 20 years ago. It was fun, but what we have today is much, much better for the program and the school.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:07 am

AppinVA wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:14 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
I remember seeing it was a nice day, my dad and I deciding to go up to the game, and getting tickets on the 15 yard line for $10 apiece. We also parked in Raley lot —arriving around 30 minutes before the game. That was only 20 years ago. It was fun, but what we have today is much, much better for the program and the school.
I agree, if one can afford $250 a ticket and park in Foscoe (lol).
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”