Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Poll watch

hapapp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Poll watch

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:59 pm

mike87 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:49 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:37 pm
hapapp wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:33 pm
ASUFan4863 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:12 am
EastHallApp wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:32 am
I was concerned we'd lose some ground this week, but we basically stayed where we were. Pretty favorable treatment considering the performance Saturday.
I thought so as well. We only lost 3 votes and that could have been from more people voting Washington or Kansas (wow never thought I'd say that). Cincy lost double-digit votes. Maybe the voters respect Troy as well considering their close game against Ole Miss. We are the media darlings this year. Hopefully we can use that to our advantage.
Troy lost to Ole Miss 28-10 and it was 28-3 before Troy scored a late TD. I think we are where we are because of the A&M win and all the pub we got from this weekend. I'll be honest, I'm not convinced we are the 28th best team but if we can keep finding ways to win we can sneak into the top 25.
100% true. We are not even top 35 right now. I would place us more like 40-50 range but that upset has us high. If we can beat JMU and run the table after that then I think we would deserve to be ranked. It’s going to be hard with injuries and a brutal November though. If we win the next 3 I bet we get ranked 23-35 though.
I so disagree. We are top 25. Coming off 2 brutal and highly emotional games and facing a tough conference foe with the distraction of CGD...we played a good game with several key position groups starting #2's. Stubbed our toe there at the end on the two yrd line and should have never come down to the ending we had, yet we still pulled it off. You're lying to yourself if during our next to last possession you weren't feeling like we had it in the bag. This is a special team. A lot of dogfights left in our division but this team is as good as we've had.
We gave up 63 points in one loss and had to have a miracle to win our second home game. I don't think that warrants top 25 status. I do think this team is top 25 material, but I wouldn't put us there now. I think all the national spotlight is helping us stand on the edge of the top 25 at the moment. Our offense is as good as we've had in a long time. Our D has some big time talent but overall in 2 of our 3 games played to date, we have shown some real vulnerability. Unless we get better against the pass, there are some losses out there. We are certainly capable of winning every game left on the schedule but we have to get better on D. I do believe if we can get healthy on defense, that will help stabilize some of our issues.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:36 pm

hapapp wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:59 pm
mike87 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
hapapp wrote:
ASUFan4863 wrote:

I thought so as well. We only lost 3 votes and that could have been from more people voting Washington or Kansas (wow never thought I'd say that). Cincy lost double-digit votes. Maybe the voters respect Troy as well considering their close game against Ole Miss. We are the media darlings this year. Hopefully we can use that to our advantage.
Troy lost to Ole Miss 28-10 and it was 28-3 before Troy scored a late TD. I think we are where we are because of the A&M win and all the pub we got from this weekend. I'll be honest, I'm not convinced we are the 28th best team but if we can keep finding ways to win we can sneak into the top 25.
100% true. We are not even top 35 right now. I would place us more like 40-50 range but that upset has us high. If we can beat JMU and run the table after that then I think we would deserve to be ranked. It’s going to be hard with injuries and a brutal November though. If we win the next 3 I bet we get ranked 23-35 though.
I so disagree. We are top 25. Coming off 2 brutal and highly emotional games and facing a tough conference foe with the distraction of CGD...we played a good game with several key position groups starting #2's. Stubbed our toe there at the end on the two yrd line and should have never come down to the ending we had, yet we still pulled it off. You're lying to yourself if during our next to last possession you weren't feeling like we had it in the bag. This is a special team. A lot of dogfights left in our division but this team is as good as we've had.
We gave up 63 points in one loss and had to have a miracle to win our second home game. I don't think that warrants top 25 status. I do think this team is top 25 material, but I wouldn't put us there now. I think all the national spotlight is helping us stand on the edge of the top 25 at the moment. Our offense is as good as we've had in a long time. Our D has some big time talent but overall in 2 of our 3 games played to date, we have shown some real vulnerability. Unless we get better against the pass, there are some losses out there. We are certainly capable of winning every game left on the schedule but we have to get better on D. I do believe if we can get healthy on defense, that will help stabilize some of our issues.
We're better than A&M. And we scored 61 in our home opener against a P5. I get what you're saying, but everyone else in the top 25 hasn't been stellar either. Beat JMU then we will see.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:34 pm

mike87 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
hapapp wrote:
ASUFan4863 wrote:
EastHallApp wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:32 am
I was concerned we'd lose some ground this week, but we basically stayed where we were. Pretty favorable treatment considering the performance Saturday.
We don't know how good A&M or UNC really is and we got by Troy with some luck. When people say how close we are to 3-0 we are equally close to being 0-3. We have top 25 talent but are injured and mentally drained so we are going to have to dig deep and find a way to overcome it, which a top 25 team in a G5 conference would do.

As far as the rankings, we are going to keep getting leap frogged by teams if we don't win by bigger margins or have a ton of teams between 20-30 lose over the next 2 weeks. Voters will back off of us if we don't look top 25 against teams they view as lesser.

I will pick us to win this week but I think it is going to be another dog fight. JMU is good and their QB is dangerous. We are going to have to clean up the play in the secondary tackle better, and hope we get some key players like Noel back this week.

This team truly has a lot of fight in it but they are mentally tired and physically we have a ton of injuries so personally I don't care if it is just by 1 point I will be happy with any win over JMU.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:37 pm

mike87 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:36 pm
hapapp wrote:
mike87 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
hapapp wrote:

We're better than A&M. And we scored 61 in our home opener against a P5. I get what you're saying, but everyone else in the top 25 hasn't been stellar either. Beat JMU then we will see.
We are better than A&M but we still don't know how good they are. We will get a good idea against Arkansas this week.

We also lost and gave up 63 to a P5 in the home opener that we scored 61 on as well. The defense is clearly a problem.

I don't think there is a solid top 25 for sure but it is still early and we need to look better in SBC play or else we won't get there. Do I think we can fix things and have a magical season? Yes I do. Do I think we can end up deserving to be ranked? If we win out then we absolutely should but to say we are no doubt top 25 this early is premature. I want to see how we do with JMU and then can we win out through CCU.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:08 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:37 pm
mike87 wrote:
hapapp wrote:
mike87 wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:

We are better than A&M but we still don't know how good they are. We will get a good idea against Arkansas this week.

We also lost and gave up 63 to a P5 in the home opener that we scored 61 on as well. The defense is clearly a problem.

I don't think there is a solid top 25 for sure but it is still early and we need to look better in SBC play or else we won't get there. Do I think we can fix things and have a magical season? Yes I do. Do I think we can end up deserving to be ranked? If we win out then we absolutely should but to say we are no doubt top 25 this early is premature. I want to see how we do with JMU and then can we win out through CCU.
I don't know man, A&M is ranked and probably deserve it, and we agree that we are better than A&M. Hard to argue that we shouldn't be ranked. I like where we are though, keeps the chip being on the outside looking in and our name is in the conversation.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:51 pm

I hope we are better than JMU , and prove it Saturday.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:46 pm

mike87 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:08 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:37 pm
mike87 wrote:
hapapp wrote:
mike87 wrote:

I don't know man, A&M is ranked and probably deserve it, and we agree that we are better than A&M. Hard to argue that we shouldn't be ranked. I like where we are though, keeps the chip being on the outside looking in and our name is in the conversation.
I'm not sure A&M is top 25 yet. I just think we need to tap our breaks and see. I won't truly be confident we are top 25 until we get past November 3rd ranked. JMU is going be very hard and they are good enough to beat us. We can't slip up this weekend.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:45 pm

ASUFan4863 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:34 am
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:54 am
Hard for me to say but we need UNC to look good and A&M as well.
I think A&M will be fine. Their defense will carry them to plenty of wins. It seems like if UNC could ever put a full game together, they could be dangerous. Outside of Wake Forest and UNC, the ACC has some below average offenses this year so I don't know how many teams will be able to keep up with them if Maye keeps them rolling. I will silently root for whatever helps us.
The way UNC looks at everyone else.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/unc-qb- ... 22461.html

"Some people may say State, but really people who go to State just can't get into Carolina."

I'd imagine he is going to regret saying that when the Pack gets through with him.

Wonder what he says about APP?
BLACK SATURDAY

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:22 pm

Given he was not here in 2019. He says 63-61..over 350 yards and 4TDs..just being real....still burns my a$# ...the result of this game. Not sure I will get over this one in a long time.....
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Longrifle28

Unread post by Longrifle28 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:30 pm

Just some of that elitist attitude that we've all come to know and love..... We should know our place....

Let's make the Board of Governors equal representation for all schools in the NC system and see what happens...
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:49 pm

Longrifle28 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:30 pm
Just some of that elitist attitude that we've all come to know and love..... We should know our place....

Let's make the Board of Governors equal representation for all schools in the NC system and see what happens...
It is easy to feel elite when you control the board of governors. I bet most schools in NC would improve greatly with that because it is clear UNC has used their reps to hold others down. It would be a nice change for sure!

AppinVA

Unread post by AppinVA » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:19 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:45 pm
ASUFan4863 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:34 am
Mjohn1988 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:54 am
Hard for me to say but we need UNC to look good and A&M as well.
I think A&M will be fine. Their defense will carry them to plenty of wins. It seems like if UNC could ever put a full game together, they could be dangerous. Outside of Wake Forest and UNC, the ACC has some below average offenses this year so I don't know how many teams will be able to keep up with them if Maye keeps them rolling. I will silently root for whatever helps us.
The way UNC looks at everyone else.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/unc-qb- ... 22461.html

"Some people may say State, but really people who go to State just can't get into Carolina."

I'd imagine he is going to regret saying that when the Pack gets through with him.

Wonder what he says about APP?
He forgot the “Fightin’ Texas Aggies” part.
"Some people call me hillbilly. Some people call me mountain man. You can call me Appalachian. Appalachian's what I am."-- Del McCoury Band

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:12 pm

Anyway, I personally don’t want to hear the word “poll” until the end of the season.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:57 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:22 pm
Given he was not here in 2019. He says 63-61..over 350 yards and 4TDs..just being real....still burns my a$# ...the result of this game. Not sure I will get over this one in a long time.....
Straight to the bulletin board

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... d99b8dd2fe
BLACK SATURDAY

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:01 pm

GreatAppSt wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:41 am
ASUFan4863 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:21 am
Pretty interesting games this week for teams around us in the polls. Minn at MSU, UNC vs ND, USC at Oregon St., Oregon at Washington St., UF at Tenn, WF vs Clemson, Texas at TTU, A&M vs Arkansas. We will need a strong win to get ranked.
Go A&M!...... Go UNC! :| A part of me just died, but we need this.

Just a thought what happens to us if:

A@M runs the table and UNC runs the table and We run the table?
Then we're playing a big name school in the Cotton Bowl on Jan 2nd!

RankinApp

Unread post by RankinApp » Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:02 pm

RankinApp wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:05 pm
I swear every time a thread about the polls and being ranked the team saves us the hassle of further debate by losing the next game.

It's like a massive yearly jinx.
:?

WataugaMan

Unread post by WataugaMan » Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:01 am

We had our chance and flushed it again, got to move forward. We should win the majority of our remaining games and make it to the Myrtle Beach Bowl or something similar (maybe we'll show up to compete, who knows).

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:25 am

Poll watch? Poll watch? Hahahahaha. Get this thread outta here! We need to worry about winning games.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:40 am

JMU will likely get a few votes.Their MTSU blow out looking better.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:51 am

Stonewall wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:40 am
JMU will likely get a few votes.Their MTSU blow out looking better.
I wouldn’t rank them yet but it does look better and they should pick up some votes. If they respond well and not have a letdown after their win over us then I would rank them. Teams who pull upsets often lose the following week. I would fully expect them to crack the top 25 if they get to 5-0.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”