Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Poll watch

Captain Morgan
School: Appalachian State

Poll watch

Unread post by Captain Morgan » Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:53 pm

two voters have App in their top 20...

AppStFan1

Re: Poll watch

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:57 pm

Captain Morgan wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:53 pm
two voters have App in their top 20...

Actually 7 voters have us in their top 20. This link is probably easier to read: https://collegepolltracker.com/football ... neers/2022

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool

Unread post by GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:02 pm

Im totally fine not being ranked currently as long as UNC stays behind us. It’s hilarious, and their anger about it is great.

ukappfan

Unread post by ukappfan » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:03 pm

Ehh with how we played we shouldn’t be ranked.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:05 pm

We need to beat JMU and all the others on our schedule, then we will be ranked. FBS not part of the country club.
BLACK SATURDAY

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:12 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:05 pm
We need to beat JMU and all the others on our schedule, then we will be ranked. FBS not part of the country club.
I would imagine that if we just get the win over JMU and handle Robert Morris and Texas State easy that we would be ranked prior to the CCU game. A few years ago we would need style points just to get ranked and a league loss kills our chance but that is not the case anymore. We have multiple SBC teams getting votes and a couple who I think are a good win away from it so just getting a win against those teams helps us. If we somehow win out and both UNC and A&M win 8+ games then we will definitely finish ranked. Remember that the only ranking that matters for bowl games is the CFP and we have a ways to go before that comes out. It is great to just see us listed in the other polls and I feel like as long as we are in there our exact placement does not really matter.

I'm just worried about getting through JMU. If we can get past JMU with a win then we should be in an ideal situation when we go to Coastal Carolina. November is going to be a tough month.

Apple@chin1

Unread post by Apple@chin1 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:04 pm

Anybody else notice that we’re the highest “ranked G5”? Handle business and our season could end very similarly to 2007! Avoid the cheese!

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:11 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:12 pm
Black Saturday wrote:
I would imagine that if we just get the win over JMU and handle Robert Morris and Texas State easy that we would be ranked prior to the CCU game. A few years ago we would need style points just to get ranked and a league loss kills our chance but that is not the case anymore. We have multiple SBC teams getting votes and a couple who I think are a good win away from it so just getting a win against those teams helps us. If we somehow win out and both UNC and A&M win 8+ games then we will definitely finish ranked. Remember that the only ranking that matters for bowl games is the CFP and we have a ways to go before that comes out. It is great to just see us listed in the other polls and I feel like as long as we are in there our exact placement does not really matter.

I'm just worried about getting through JMU. If we can get past JMU with a win then we should be in an ideal situation when we go to Coastal Carolina. November is going to be a tough month.
I didn’t see any other SBC teams getting votes. They all lost this week and don’t deserve votes. It’s always tougher when you are the hunted vs the hunter.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:13 pm

I'd put us 24-27 after that game. We've got the hype to get a top 13-15 ranking if we run the table, as it will give a good story for the powers to make money off of. If we drop one more game, then we will end up 21-25. If we drop two more, then kiss it goodbye. They'll drop us faster than the gameday crew left town.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:20 pm

ukappfan wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:03 pm
Go away troll! All your posts dump on app.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:47 pm

I can’t disagree with UK. I don’t think we’ve put together the dominating score spread yet. Right now 26-30 is about right IMO

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:51 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:11 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:12 pm
Black Saturday wrote:

I didn’t see any other SBC teams getting votes. They all lost this week and don’t deserve votes. It’s always tougher when you are the hunted vs the hunter.
Coastal Carolina got a vote in one poll so our league has 2 getting votes, I said multiple teams so that holds true, and we have had what 4 teams getting votes at some point this year. There was a time when the Sun Belt would not have anyone getting votes so just the fact our league has multiple teams getting votes in preseason and making appearances throughout the year shows how far the league has come.

It is always tougher when you are the hunted like you said. This league is very tough now and we are going to get everyone's best shot because of our success so we might see more wins that come down to the last few seconds like the Troy game did.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:53 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:47 pm
I can’t disagree with UK. I don’t think we’ve put together the dominating score spread yet. Right now 26-30 is about right IMO
Because of how close we were with UNC and the A&M win all we have to do is win and we will be ranked at some point. I'm with you that we don't deserve to be ranked yet though. If we win the next 3 I'm pretty sure we will be 24-26 range and that is fair. We need style points in some games but don't have to in all of them now. The Sun Belt is truly respected by the TV networks and people are seeing there is good football in our league.

Keep in mind that the results of others can greatly effect where we place no matter how much we win by. Teams between 20-30 are going to effect us the most on top of our performance and several of them play in games they could easily lose. #20 Florida plays #11 Tennessee, #21 Wake Forest plays #5 Clemson, #22 Texas plays Texas Tech, and #23 Texas A&M plays #10 Arkansas and we actually want them to win. #24 Pitt and #25 Miami both play games they should easily win. Michigan State plays undefeated Minnesota so one of those two teams will drop a lot of votes when they lose. UNC plays Notre Dame and Florida State plays Boston College. Those are the games to keep an eye on the most if we win.

ASUTodd

Unread post by ASUTodd » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:02 pm

Lost to UNC.... Last min play to win over Troy.... Not top 25. Beat JMU and you're headed in the right direction.

RankinApp

Unread post by RankinApp » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:05 pm

I swear every time a thread about the polls and being ranked the team saves us the hassle of further debate by losing the next game.

It's like a massive yearly jinx.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:06 pm

I've always felt like there shouldn't be a ranking until after 6 games. Way too many teams ranked simply because of their name or history. Every year a few are ranked top 10 and lose 4-5 games and disappear. I agree, win the next 3 and we will get up there.

appdaze

Unread post by appdaze » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:12 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:06 pm
I've always felt like there shouldn't be a ranking until after 6 games. Way too many teams ranked simply because of their name or history. Every year a few are ranked top 10 and lose 4-5 games and disappear. I agree, win the next 3 and we will get up there.
That is why the CFP rankings don't begin until after week 9. Beyond setting up the big schools to make sure they are ranked high and don't fall much, early rankings don't aren't super accurate.

ukappfan

Unread post by ukappfan » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:41 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:20 pm
ukappfan wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:03 pm
Go away troll! All your posts dump on app.
Troll? That’s Dr Troll thank you. And how is this dumping on App? Tell me, do you think we deserve to be ranked after we got beat up and down the field this weekend? We won on a lucky low percentage play. I was very happy we won. Chase is playing great and the offense is good this year. Once we shore up the pass d we will be great. If we can dominate JMU this week like we can, we will be ranked. Close win and we can move up closer depending on who all loses above us.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:44 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:53 pm
Rekdiver wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:47 pm
Because of how close we were with UNC and the A&M win all we have to do is win and we will be ranked at some point. I'm with you that we don't deserve to be ranked yet though. If we win the next 3 I'm pretty sure we will be 24-26 range and that is fair. We need style points in some games but don't have to in all of them now. The Sun Belt is truly respected by the TV networks and people are seeing there is good football in our league.

Keep in mind that the results of others can greatly effect where we place no matter how much we win by. Teams between 20-30 are going to effect us the most on top of our performance and several of them play in games they could easily lose. #20 Florida plays #11 Tennessee, #21 Wake Forest plays #5 Clemson, #22 Texas plays Texas Tech, and #23 Texas A&M plays #10 Arkansas and we actually want them to win. #24 Pitt and #25 Miami both play games they should easily win. Michigan State plays undefeated Minnesota so one of those two teams will drop a lot of votes when they lose. UNC plays Notre Dame and Florida State plays Boston College. Those are the games to keep an eye on the most if we win.
You said what I was to lazy to click

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:45 pm

I don’t believe we are a top 25 team at the moment in any way, shape, or form.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”