Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

On To The Next One - JMU Discussion

JmuDukes4Life
School: James Madison

Re: On To The Next One - JMU Discussion

Unread post by JmuDukes4Life » Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:09 am

The O line is young, most redshirt sophomores, but this is their third year playing together. Last year due to the COVID season they played the FCs spring season and fall season.

Cro-Magnon App
School: Appalachian State

Unread post by Cro-Magnon App » Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:10 am

He’s got 15 other coaches and analysts that watch film. If he didn’t get to it until Wednesday, at least he knew the detail of what he was watching because they’d told him so in the meetings. It ain’t that big of deal. I’d be more concerned if the OC and DC and the position coaches hadn’t watched film.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:01 am

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:26 am

I know JMU's schedule does not compare to App's at this point in the season but the Dukes have done exactly what you would want against the competition they have faced. They are currently ranked 12th in the nation in overall efficiency. They are 28th in offensive efficiency, 5th in defensive and 77th on special teams. Comparatively, App is 73rd overall, 19th in offensive, 117th in defensive and 129th in special teams. The FBS team the Dukes shellacked in week 1, MTSU, is 64th overall in efficiency, 107th O, 41st D and 4th ST.

Hopefully Noel will be back to give another offensive weapon for Barbay to utilize, especially considering the Dukes impressive rushing D, which is only giving up 10.5 yards per game or 21 yards total for the season. Hopefully App's run game can excel and bring their average up to over 80 yards per game at a minimum by Saturday night. The JMU offense is averaging over 500 yards per game and is very balanced (257 pass/248 rush). Centeio has completed a pass to 10 different players with his favorite option being the speedy little WR, Kris Thornton, who has 18 catches for 247 yards and 5 TDs so far. The defense has their work cut out to slow down the Duke's O.
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:43 am

Cro-Magnon App wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:10 am
He’s got 15 other coaches and analysts that watch film. If he didn’t get to it until Wednesday, at least he knew the detail of what he was watching because they’d told him so in the meetings. It ain’t that big of deal. I’d be more concerned if the OC and DC and the position coaches hadn’t watched film.
Of course he does but Shawn admitted the schedule effected them and until we saw them Saturday it was hard to know for sure if they would be. Nobody in the prediction thread predicted that we would see it come down to the final play. The team and coaches were definitely effected. Just glad we got the win and this week is much more normal so they won't have the same level of distractions.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:44 am

moonshine wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:26 am
I know JMU's schedule does not compare to App's at this point in the season but the Dukes have done exactly what you would want against the competition they have faced. They are currently ranked 12th in the nation in overall efficiency. They are 28th in offensive efficiency, 5th in defensive and 77th on special teams. Comparatively, App is 73rd overall, 19th in offensive, 117th in defensive and 129th in special teams. The FBS team the Dukes shellacked in week 1, MTSU, is 64th overall in efficiency, 107th O, 41st D and 4th ST.

Hopefully Noel will be back to give another offensive weapon for Barbay to utilize, especially considering the Dukes impressive rushing D, which is only giving up 10.5 yards per game or 21 yards total for the season. Hopefully App's run game can excel and bring their average up to over 80 yards per game at a minimum by Saturday night. The JMU offense is averaging over 500 yards per game and is very balanced (257 pass/248 rush). Centeio has completed a pass to 10 different players with his favorite option being the speedy little WR, Kris Thornton, who has 18 catches for 247 yards and 5 TDs so far. The defense has their work cut out to slow down the Duke's O.
It appears Noel will be back. Interesting to note that Thornton is a VMI transfer. He might be small but he is good.

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:50 am

moonshine wrote:

Good take, this will be a very tough game. I have seen multiple posts stating they "only" waxed a bad MTSU team, however after that JMU whipping, MTSU went on the road and beat Colorado State 34-19., then destroyed Tenn St. Colorado state getting slack for being 0-3, however they have lost to MTSU, Washington State and Michigan.

I feel like we are playing ourselves in this one . . . A really good team, who knows how to win, and maybe as hungry as anyone we have seen in a while.
Last edited by AppOrange on Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:52 am

AppOrange wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:50 am
moonshine wrote:

Good take, this will be a very tough game. I have seen multiple posts stating they "only" waxed a bad MTSU team, however after that JMU whipping, MTSU went on the road and beat Colorado State 34-19., then destroyed Tenn St. Colorado state getting slack for being 0-3, however they have lost to JMU, Washington State and Michigan.I

I feel like we are playing ourselves in this one . . . A really good team, who knows how to win, and maybe as hungry as anyone we have seen in a while.
I think you mean CSU has lost to MTSU, Washington State and Michigan.

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:58 am

hapapp wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:52 am
AppOrange wrote:
moonshine wrote:

Good take, this will be a very tough game. I have seen multiple posts stating they "only" waxed a bad MTSU team, however after that JMU whipping, MTSU went on the road and beat Colorado State 34-19., then destroyed Tenn St. Colorado state getting slack for being 0-3, however they have lost to JMU, Washington State and Michigan.I

You are correct good sir, edited. And the point still stands, MTSU maybe not that bad and JMU possibly waxed a solid team, we have a big task this weekend imo.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:59 am

AppOrange wrote:
moonshine wrote:

Good take, this will be a very tough game. I have seen multiple posts stating they "only" waxed a bad MTSU team, however after that JMU whipping, MTSU went on the road and beat Colorado State 34-19., then destroyed Tenn St. Colorado state getting slack for being 0-3, however they have lost to MTSU, Washington State and Michigan.

I think our coaches know this is a tough one and aren't going to overlook it. I just hope they have the players realizing this. JMU would love nothing more than to knock us off and they have a good team. We could beat them by 14-17 or so for sure but they could also beat us. They are very hungry to make a statement early in their FBS area and beating us would be a HUGE statement for them.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:02 pm

Uh oh..Chase is not going to be adequately preparing for JMU given these additional interview requests...😂

Today, Chase Brice will make a national radio/TV appearance with Jim Rome.

⌚️ 1 p.m.
📺 CBS Sports Network
📻 CBS Sports Radio or SiriusXM 158
🎧 goapp.st/3faB8pH

#GoApp
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:29 pm

That 10 yd/game rush defense will be surpassed early, possibly the first drive - I believe our offense is as unstoppable as we have had since the Armanti/KRich days - The defense will keep improving - Kick the ball into the endzone !!!
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:46 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:29 pm
That 10 yd/game rush defense will be surpassed early, possibly the first drive - I believe our offense is as unstoppable as we have had since the Armanti/KRich days - The defense will keep improving - Kick the ball into the endzone !!!
C’mon Coach. Not all kicks that don’t result in touchbacks are issues. Sometimes it’s a miss hit, sometimes the wind and weather affect it and sometimes they are intentional. Kickoff coverage is difficult to rep at full speed in practice so it provides good film to review in film study.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:09 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:02 pm
Uh oh..Chase is not going to be adequately preparing for JMU given these additional interview requests...😂

⌚️ 1 p.m.
📺 CBS Sports Network
🎧 goapp.st/3faB8pH

#GoApp
I don't think anyone of us are saying that. When in college it is good to have a routine and if you have 3-4 interviews daily right now that you don't normally have it can disrupt that. This is just 1 and Chase is mature enough to handle attention but some struggle with it.

I make a statement about what Shawn actually said about doing 34 interviews and having to turn some down but it gets exaggerated. They admitted to limiting them like I said I hoped they did. I just heard 34 and that sounded like a lot. I'm sure limiting to 34 was hard though. Our SIDs don't approve everyone they get and some games they have to be more stingy than others because we can't handle them all. They sometimes approve people for an FCS game that they just could not for UNC or Miami or if Charlotte or ECU type game.
Last edited by AppStFan1 on Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:13 pm

I'm sure that JMU will be tough but a 2 game run defense sample means nothing.
Norfolk State at 0-3 has amassed 17 points and 28 first downs. Basically the JMU hype is based off one game. Temper the worry.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:20 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:46 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
C’mon Coach. Not all kicks that don’t result in touchbacks are issues. Sometimes it’s a miss hit, sometimes the wind and weather affect it and sometimes they are intentional. Kickoff coverage is difficult to rep at full speed in practice so it provides good film to review in film study.
I still feel better when the kick sails out of the end zone - I remember the immortal words of the Great Jerry Moore, "I love it when we score touchdowns but then we have to kick-off" - or something similar
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:23 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:20 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:46 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
I still feel better when the kick sails out of the end zone - I remember the immortal words of the Great Jerry Moore, "I love it when we score touchdowns but then we have to kick-off" - or something similar
True, but it isn’t an automatic thing.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:46 pm

AppOrange wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:58 am
hapapp wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:52 am
AppOrange wrote:
moonshine wrote:

You are correct good sir, edited. And the point still stands, MTSU maybe not that bad and JMU possibly waxed a solid team, we have a big task this weekend imo.
I am with you on this. No doubt, there are a lot of questions about how good is JMU based on their two games to date. But, by the same token does anyone really know who we are yet? We are one incredible play from being 1-2 and a missed two point conversion from being 3-0. But, within all that we have seen more moments that we would like watching teams pass at will on us.

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:50 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
That 10 yd/game rush defense will be surpassed early, possibly the first drive
I don't disagree App will surpass it and the sample size for JMU is small but allowing essentially 1 first down per game via the rush is a pretty phenomenal stat regardless of the competition.

Another thing to take in mind is that JMU will be the freshest they will be the remainder of the season after a bye week and 2 games where they got to sub freely in the 2nd half. App is battle tested but also bruised up with a couple of starting LBers missing. If the team can get through this week with the W, the next 4 game stretch is the weakest of the 2022 schedule and will hopefully allow Clark and Co. to reach into the depth chart to help spell some starters for the final month.
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:09 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:09 pm
BambooRdApp wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:02 pm

⌚️ 1 p.m.
📺 CBS Sports Network
🎧 goapp.st/3faB8pH

#GoApp
I don't think anyone of us are saying that. When in college it is good to have a routine and if you have 3-4 interviews daily right now that you don't normally have it can disrupt that. This is just 1 and Chase is mature enough to handle attention but some struggle with it.

I make a statement about what Shawn actually said about doing 34 interviews and having to turn some down but it gets exaggerated. They admitted to limiting them like I said I hoped they did. I just heard 34 and that sounded like a lot. I'm sure limiting to 34 was hard though. Our SIDs don't approve everyone they get and some games they have to be more stingy than others because we can't handle them all. They sometimes approve people for an FCS game that they just could not for UNC or Miami or if Charlotte or ECU type game.
Dude. R-E-L-A-X. It was a joke. See emoji at the end....
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”