Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

T A&M

yosef69
School: Appalachian State

Re: T A&M

Unread post by yosef69 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:14 pm

NewApp wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:46 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:04 pm
The purpose of odds isn't to predict the outcome of the game, but to achieve even money on both sides of the line. As money funnels into one position the line will adjust in an attempt to achieve this. So in a way the line is an indication of what vegas sees as public perception not a prediction.

Typically the house takes 10% of your bet and getting a 10% return creates economic value.
In other words they net money either way,
If you could learn to use google (I know you already know how to use it) you would realize that Vegas spreads are shockingly accurate and when a big time upset happens it’s an anomaly.

moonshine

Unread post by moonshine » Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:41 pm

For any of you who want to watch TAMU v SHSU, below are links to the condensed version of the game.

1st half
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuHnd3XChoY
2nd half
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIFnvC80_I4

Couple of things that stick out to me: their speed at WR and their front 7 on D. Their offense did a good job of getting playmakers in space and letting them go to work. The QB, King, is quick and will likely give the D fits like Maye this past Saturday. Hopefully the LBer's can pick up on some keys and communicate it to the back line so they don't get beat over the top as much as SHSU DB's. One thing I noticed on a couple of their PA plays is that the OL pushes the envelope on illegal man downfield. If I'm Clark, after introducing myself to the refs, I'm asking them to watch this when aTm is on offense.

The Aggie front 7 is downright nasty. They have size, strength and speed. Chase will have to make quick decisions when he sees the blitz coming and won't be able to hold the ball more than 3 seconds when they bring pressure. Barbay is going to earn his paycheck this week if the offense can put up decent numbers against this D. I'm expecting a lot of quick hitters and check downs to keep Chase upright.
Picked up via free agency by the High Country All-Stars

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:43 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 3:14 pm
NewApp wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:
The purpose of odds isn't to predict the outcome of the game, but to achieve even money on both sides of the line. As money funnels into one position the line will adjust in an attempt to achieve this. So in a way the line is an indication of what vegas sees as public perception not a prediction.

Typically the house takes 10% of your bet and getting a 10% return creates economic value.
If you could learn to use google (I know you already know how to use it) you would realize that Vegas spreads are shockingly accurate and when a big time upset happens it’s an anomaly.

Google sux. I know how to use it, I just don't give a flip how accurate they are, I just detest college sports Gambling/ I may be the only one, but so be it.

If my post inconvenienced you in any way, please accept my apologies.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:53 pm

NewApp wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:43 pm
yosef69 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:

Google sux. I know how to use it, I just don't give a flip how accurate they are, I just detest college sports Gambling/ I may be the only one, but so be it.

Well buckle up then, it’s already here. And they don’t need permission from the NCAA.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Wed Sep 07, 2022 5:00 pm

NewApp wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:

Why?

asu66

Unread post by asu66 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:07 pm

Bump
If it happens to the Apps, it happens to me!

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:22 pm

I have always liked Jimbo - of course he is a West BY GOD Virginian - but I was pleased to hear him talk about the history of APP and the old SoCon - He knew it, it wasn't scripted or presented as "coachspeak" - So what we have Saturday is a battle between two head coaches who are West BY GOD Virginians and I feel it's Coach Clark's turn to walk off the field as the Victor ---
p.s. - he talked so fast that I was tired at the end of the interview :>)
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:16 pm

Not finding a depth chart posted , wondering about changes on the defensive side.Also saw a number "1" on the sideline I am curious about.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:21 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:16 pm
Not finding a depth chart posted , wondering about changes on the defensive side.Also saw a number "1" on the sideline I am curious about.
You mean the depth chart for App? If so, there are no changes to last weeks chart.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:26 pm

Yes , of course . Hmmmm , thought there might be a bit of a shake-up based on the performance and Coach's comments.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:36 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:26 pm
Yes , of course . Hmmmm , thought there might be a bit of a shake-up based on the performance and Coach's comments.
He also said the depth chart doesn’t have much meaning. Anyone on it could move or down at a moment’s notice. He said he gets tired of putting so many “Ors” on it.
WE ARE YOSEF!

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:53 pm

Yes .I heard that , yet over the years it has been a reliable reference as to who will be playing on Saturday. It's also a handy reference to look up our new guys and those that have changed numbers early in the season.If there is no change it shouldn't take much effort by SID to get it out.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:03 pm

Stonewall wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:53 pm
Yes .I heard that , yet over the years it has been a reliable reference as to who will be playing on Saturday. It's also a handy reference to look up our new guys and those that have changed numbers early in the season.If there is no change it shouldn't take much effort by SID to get it out.
It’s in this weeks game notes. Probably same as last week.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/ ... e_TAMU.pdf
WE ARE YOSEF!

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:17 pm

Thank you !

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:33 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 4:53 pm
NewApp wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
Saint3333 wrote:

Well buckle up then, it’s already here. And they don’t need permission from the NCAA.
The NAA acknowledged and grudgingly accepted it. So, I am buckled up. I can no longer afford to go to games anymore, anyway, except ones few people want to attend where tickets are even being given away just to get butts in the seats.. iI'm having problems affording ESPNU, ESPN+, etc. Our great talented guys on WKBC and AppState Sports, and here as well will be my knew exclusive venueswill from now Not a sob story, that's just the way it has to be. Too, I have trouble driving that distance anymore. End of discusion.
Google SUX

Howard Street Hooligan

Unread post by Howard Street Hooligan » Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:26 pm

NewApp wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:33 pm
yosef69 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
NewApp wrote:

The NAA acknowledged and grudgingly accepted it. So, I am buckled up. I can no longer afford to go to games anymore, anyway, except ones few people want to attend where tickets are even being given away just to get butts in the seats.. iI'm having problems affording ESPNU, ESPN+, etc. Our great talented guys on WKBC and AppState Sports, and here as well will be my knew exclusive venueswill from now Not a sob story, that's just the way it has to be. Too, I have trouble driving that distance anymore. End of discusion.
Okay but none of that explained why you don’t want to see gambling lines or gambling in general. If you need a password for espn+ or whatever feel free to DM anyone. I’ll gladly share with people that need it. TV is a pain these days and increasing $ daily so I can spare a login with someone who can’t afford it.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:45 am

Howard Street Hooligan wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:26 pm
NewApp wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
NewApp wrote:
yosef69 wrote:

Okay but none of that explained why you don’t want to see gambling lines or gambling in general. If you need a password for espn+ or whatever feel free to DM anyone. I’ll gladly share with people that need it. TV is a pain these days and increasing $ daily so I can spare a login with someone who can’t afford it.
I thought I explained. I don't mind gambling pro sports. Just think it runs the risk of corruption and point shaving, etc in college sports. That happended with illegal betting in the Tobacco Belt Dixie Classic back in the '50's...I think.Sure it's fun to read predictions but just think the gambling can adversely affect college sports. And like I said, it's just me. Don't care if my opinion is out of the norm.
\
BTW, the PW sounds nice. That will make it easier to chisel down the pledge.
Google SUX

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:49 am

NewApp wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:45 am
Howard Street Hooligan wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 11:26 pm
NewApp wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
NewApp wrote:

I thought I explained. I don't mind gambling pro sports. Just think it runs the risk of corruption and point shaving, etc in college sports. That happended with illegal betting in the Tobacco Belt Dixie Classic back in the '50's...I think.Sure it's fun to read predictions but just think the gambling can adversely affect college sports. And like I said, it's just me. Don't care if my opinion is out of the norm.
\
BTW, the PW sounds nice. That will make it easier to chisel down the pledge.
Do you live under a rock? Gambling on college games has been happening for DECADES. And there’s nothing the NCAA can do about it. Sports books need absolutely no permission from the NCAA.

biggie
Site Admin

Unread post by biggie » Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:00 pm

ESPN's Week 2 games to watch

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... c-stanford

"Appalachian State at No. 6 Texas A&M (Saturday, 3:30 p.m. ET, ESPN2/ESPN App)

App State heads to College Station to face Texas A&M coming off of arguably Week 1's most exciting game, a 63-61 loss to North Carolina in which the Mountaineers scored 40 points in the fourth quarter. Quarterback Chase Brice led App State with 361 yards passing for six touchdowns with one pick.

Texas A&M, on the other hand, shut out Sam Houston State 31-0 in its opener. It's not a risky bet to say that App State won't be putting up 40 points in a quarter this week, but who knows after the opening week we just saw in college football?

During his Monday news conference, Aggies coach Jimbo Fisher praised Brice, saying, "He knows ball, and he played great there last year. He can throw the ball down the field, can create plays with his legs and he's got a ... savviness to him. Just body language, and throw the ball here, and flip the ball there. Man, he can just really play the game."

Fisher added that his defense will have to continue to play disciplined to have success on Saturday.

Offensively, Fisher was asked about putting more emphasis on running the football this week in practice and said, "That's what we do. We're going to run the football."

Texas A&M going up against an App State defense that gave up 6 yards per rush against the Tar Heels will be a matchup to keep an eye on Saturday afternoon. The Aggies had just 110 yards and 3.4 yards per carry against Sam Houston State.

Asked Monday for his review on Texas A&M's offense, App State coach Shawn Clark replied with a smirk and left it at "good."

Defensively, Clark said, "They recruit at the highest level in college sports. ... They have great playmakers. They have an exceptional offense, defense; schematically, they give you a lot of tough situations on both offense and defense. We have our work cut out for us, but the guys are excited to get down there to College Station." -- Harry Lyles Jr."

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Thu Sep 08, 2022 12:52 pm

Upset Watch

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... 9d8ecf0572

Hit continue reading, APP is #4
BLACK SATURDAY

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”