Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

T A&M

bcoach
School: Appalachian State

Re: T A&M

Unread post by bcoach » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:24 am

APPdiesel wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:57 am
bcoach wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:32 am
Well then why on earth were we hoping that A&M and unc would win out?
I’m saying national pundits will try to discount it like it wasn’t an impressive win. Don’t let them.
I understand to a point as virtually nobody ever mentions our wins over unc and SC. With that said though, with every A&M loss it takes a little more gloss off the win we had. Will always be thrilling for sure but the quality ends up in their record.

WVAPPeer
School: Other

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:28 am

Look - Texas A&M won't finish 6-6 - they have a lot of very talented young players who will continue to get better - remember they beat Miami who was #13 and Arkansas #10 - I don't see them beating Alabama this year but they have Ole Miss #9 and Florida #28 at home as well as UMess - They play South Carolina, Auburn and #25 LSU and a couple of those could be ranked by then. Jimbo is too good a coach to let this team fall apart -
They have lost their best player Ainias Smith who has accounted for 1/4 of the offense this season with a broken leg which will of course hurt them as they aren't a great offensive team
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:54 am

WVAPPeer wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:28 am
Look - Texas A&M won't finish 6-6 - they have a lot of very talented young players who will continue to get better - remember they beat Miami who was #13 and Arkansas #10 - I don't see them beating Alabama this year but they have Ole Miss #9 and Florida #28 at home as well as UMess - They play South Carolina, Auburn and #25 LSU and a couple of those could be ranked by then. Jimbo is too good a coach to let this team fall apart -
They have lost their best player Ainias Smith who has accounted for 1/4 of the offense this season with a broken leg which will of course hurt them as they aren't a great offensive team
Google it for me: How did he (Smith) do against us?.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

AppState89

Unread post by AppState89 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:04 pm

NewApp wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 11:54 am
WVAPPeer wrote:
Google it for me: How did he (Smith) do against us?.
My sports APP I use tells me 4-21yards!! AKA: We shut his APP down.
AppState89 AKA Robert Martin :D :D

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:58 pm

Apparently.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

Yosefus

Unread post by Yosefus » Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:57 am

On a way off side note. If A$M gets totally smoked by Bama, which they probably will. Would Michigan feel like they have officially handed off the AllTime curse bataan to A$M?
Would be funny if Michigan wound up winning the CFP this year.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:16 pm

Yosefus wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:57 am
On a way off side note. If A$M gets totally smoked by Bama, which they probably will. Would Michigan feel like they have officially handed off the AllTime curse bataan to A$M?
It has taken Michigan 14 years to get back to where they were before Appalachian beat them. How long will it take Texas A&M?

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:46 pm

AppWyo wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:16 pm
Yosefus wrote:
It has taken Michigan 14 years to get back to where they were before Appalachian beat them. How long will it take Texas A&M?
Not that long when considering the recruiting they've done, I'd guess. We watched Kirby Smart along this similar struggling trail for a few years while having top classes. He finally put it together last year and may do so again this year? I'd imagine Jimbo can travel that same path with the superior talent he's been recruiting. The SEC has marketed themselves and bullied their way into being too big to fail. The propaganda is pretty effective getting between 17-18 year olds ears.
BLACK SATURDAY

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:12 pm

Jimbo needs a QB..that is all..
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:43 pm

Texas joining the SEC will be A$M's biggest problem....not our win against them.

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:10 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:12 pm
Jimbo needs a QB..that is all..
Exactly, if the Johnson kid was QB against us, not sure we'd won. Not sure he is the best they can get though, I guess Jimbo is getting paid enough to know what his needs are.
BLACK SATURDAY

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:43 pm

Johnson is gone for the season - broken bone in his throwing hand - ugh
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:21 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:43 pm
Johnson is gone for the season - broken bone in his throwing hand - ugh
I'd say 6-6 might be a reach now.

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:42 pm

Johnson was a difference maker. 6-6 might be what they're looking at.
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

ASU3432Mi

Unread post by ASU3432Mi » Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:38 am

Yosefus wrote:
Always remember that Michigan beat Tim Tebow and defending national champs Florida in the Citrus Bowl following the 2007 season. Makes our win at The Big House that season even more impressive.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:44 am

ASU3432Mi wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:38 am
Yosefus wrote:
Always remember that Michigan beat Tim Tebow and defending national champs Florida in the Citrus Bowl following the 2007 season. Makes our win at The Big House that season even more impressive.
I would say that Michigan's loss to us was portrayed unfairly, I mean they were ranked fifth and we were number one. I really do believe they were an awesome team that the public treated unfairly. They beat Florida and maybe, just maybe, their experience against App and Oregon was the reason they beat Florida. I really think their troubles began with the coaches they hired and the players that were recruited after Lloyd Carr. Who knows what Lloyd Carr could have accomplished after '07 if he had remained head coach? However, the Michigan perspective was he was a bad coach because he lost to Appalachian State, which many though Michigan should not have played at all. Michigan would never have lost to Appalachian had they not played them. I believe that we will see a lot of these "Programs" fall when the college football playoff is expanded with automatic qualifiers including non-autonomous five instead of an invitational autonomous five tournament.

Yosef84

Unread post by Yosef84 » Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:43 pm

AppWyo wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:44 am
ASU3432Mi wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 8:38 am
Yosefus wrote:
I would say that Michigan's loss to us was portrayed unfairly, I mean they were ranked fifth and we were number one. I really do believe they were an awesome team that the public treated unfairly. They beat Florida and maybe, just maybe, their experience against App and Oregon was the reason they beat Florida. I really think their troubles began with the coaches they hired and the players that were recruited after Lloyd Carr. Who knows what Lloyd Carr could have accomplished after '07 if he had remained head coach? However, the Michigan perspective was he was a bad coach because he lost to Appalachian State, which many though Michigan should not have played at all. Michigan would never have lost to Appalachian had they not played them. I believe that we will see a lot of these "Programs" fall when the college football playoff is expanded with automatic qualifiers including non-autonomous five instead of an invitational autonomous five tournament.
Carr wasn't fired because of the loss to App alone. He got blown out by Oregon the following week. The rise of Ohio State hurt him also as Michigan fans couldn't stand seeing their rival leave them behind. That's the part that wasn't very reasonable because UM has only won once since firing Carr. Overall, the feeling was that the game had left him behind and he wasn't responding. Probably not fair but pretty common these days

Black Saturday

Unread post by Black Saturday » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:24 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
O how important it is to have a very good QB, the most important position on the field. That is A&M's weak link. Hope APP can portalize one for next year.
BLACK SATURDAY

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:26 pm

Black Saturday wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:24 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
O how important it is to have a very good QB, the most important position on the field. That is A&M's weak link. Hope APP can portalize one for next year.
We don't need to portal for a starter next year. Backup maybe. But not starter.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

WVAPPeer

Unread post by WVAPPeer » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:35 pm

Well the QB who took over for the guy we played against got hurt a couple of weeks ago and is gone for the season - the guy who played against us looked pretty damn good against Bama last week -
"Montani Semper Liberi"

The Dude Abides!!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”