Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

I want to know

appstate5
School: Appalachian State

Re: I want to know

Unread post by appstate5 » Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:22 pm

appstate24 wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:58 am
AppGrad78 wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:55 am
I try to avoid criticizing coaches. But one area I disagree with coach Clark is his fondness for going for it on fourth down in our half of the field. It’s bit us in the backside far too many times to name. Even with our defensive struggles, the risk in most cases far outweighs the reward.
Agree 1000%. Our Oline hasn’t proven that they can get us the necessary 1 or 2 yards we typically need.
Hoping Clark pulls that unit aside during this off week, and gets them back to the level we were expecting from them.

GO APPS!!
Going for it on our side of the field the first time we had the ball last week was terrible. Our defense had just seen them march down the field and nearly score..thank goodness for the INT. Coach put out defense right back out there with a short field. Offense does nothing, average punt and they have the ball at midfield again. Another TD, 14-0 and we were never in the game after that.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:24 pm

appstate5 wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 1:22 pm
appstate24 wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:58 am
AppGrad78 wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:55 am
I try to avoid criticizing coaches. But one area I disagree with coach Clark is his fondness for going for it on fourth down in our half of the field. It’s bit us in the backside far too many times to name. Even with our defensive struggles, the risk in most cases far outweighs the reward.
Agree 1000%. Our Oline hasn’t proven that they can get us the necessary 1 or 2 yards we typically need.
Hoping Clark pulls that unit aside during this off week, and gets them back to the level we were expecting from them.

GO APPS!!
Going for it on our side of the field the first time we had the ball last week was terrible. Our defense had just seen them march down the field and nearly score..thank goodness for the INT. Coach put out defense right back out there with a short field. Offense does nothing, average punt and they have the ball at midfield again. Another TD, 14-0 and we were never in the game after that.
Actually, it was reckless.

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:54 am

I can't understand kicking off to a team with excellent return guys either....not to mention the game score and situation....too many times giving up good field position to the opponent. KICK THE BALL DEEP into end zone most all of the time.
KICK ASS!!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:10 pm

CornCobPipes wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:54 am
I can't understand kicking off to a team with excellent return guys either....not to mention the game score and situation....too many times giving up good field position to the opponent. KICK THE BALL DEEP into end zone most all of the time.
Kicking it deep most of the time is the goal but in order to do that, you have to hit the ball in a very specific spot. And the margin of error for miss hits is very small. A couple of cm too low and it’s a pop up, A couple cm too high and it’s more of a line drive. That’s without factoring in the wind and natural curve to the kick. You just do a Charlie Brown run at it.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:39 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:29 pm
It’s a message board made for discussing App State sports. Of course you’re allowed to talk about coaches and assess the program.
Especially allowed to dissect every call the coaches make, who the coaches should be given playing time, evaluate who hired or failed to hire each coach and/or coordinator, decide who should or shouldn't get a contract extension/raise/cut, which coach is moving up the echelon, which one is going down, which nationally recognized coach we should get to replace one of our own, etc. In other words kind of no holds barred. After all that is what message boards are for. For good or bad.

Now watch this post get zapped. 3-2-1 :)

Not trying to start a pee fight. Just sayin' what often happens on any or most any message board anywhere, any genre.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:54 am

NewApp wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:39 am
Saint3333 wrote:
It’s a message board made for discussing App State sports. Of course you’re allowed to talk about coaches and assess the program.
Especially allowed to dissect every call the coaches make, who the coaches should be given playing time, evaluate who hired or failed to hire each coach and/or coordinator, decide who should or shouldn't get a contract extension/raise/cut, which coach is moving up the echelon, which one is going down, which nationally recognized coach we should get to replace one of our own, etc. In other words kind of no holds barred. After all that is what message boards are for. For good or bad.

Not trying to start a pee fight. Just sayin' what often happens on any or most any message board anywhere, any genre.
Why would it get zapped? I know that’s what you want, but there’s nothing wrong with what you posted. Sorry to disappoint you, but you won’t get to play the victim here.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:06 am

appst89 wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 6:54 am
NewApp wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 5:39 am
Saint3333 wrote:

Why would it get zapped? I know that’s what you want, but there’s nothing wrong with what you posted. Sorry to disappoint you, but you won’t get to play the victim here.

Did not want it zapped.
Just figured it would, since it goes against the grain. Please don't try to read my brain. Even I can't do it sometimes. :) Seems you guys sometimes project your attitudes and motives on mine. I am not nefarious at all. Just outspoken. And why n HADES would I actually want it zapped?
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:10 am

????
Google SUX

GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool

Unread post by GSUwasGump’sFallbackSchool » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:46 pm

Bring this thread back to life.

We’re far beyond “giving a Mountaineer a chance.”

Give me your best excuse for why this season isn’t his fault?

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:38 pm

No team is ever a bad team that takes another team into overtime...

Only one game this season was really a blowout loss of 12 points.

Just think how sweet it will be when App beats all these teams next season...

Everyone said that App needed better competition. Now it has better competition and all you want to do is cry...

With the kind of reasoning some are using on this board, Coastal should fire Jamey Chadwell because of the blowout loss to JMU 7-47 and ODU 21-49, for a total of 68 points.

App lost by a total of 35 points this season.

Troy has been successful this season, because they have not had to play in the Sun Belt East.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:01 pm

Spin the season however you’d like, but losing five games by seven or less points in ONE season is not a sign of good fundamental coaching decisions.
Last edited by Saint3333 on Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AppStateMtneer

Unread post by AppStateMtneer » Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:02 pm

Participation trophy world we live in….

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:05 am

Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:10 am
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:05 am
Seattleapp wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:00 am
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:44 am
I started this. I am not calling for anyone to be fired. Personally, I'm not sure we are improving as a program at the same pace the SB is improving. I think some of you unwilling to ask questions. The goalposts constantly move. OCC games don't matter. Bowl games are irrelevant. Of course this losing streak did start with us being dominated in the CCG. A few years ago were were ranked or an the verge of being ranked. I wonder when we'll come close to say 100 points in the polls.
I was there yesterday and the program is in shambles. Give me a break. It’s takes like this that are especially aggravating. But you have a habit of piling on when we lose.
What goalposts are you even talking about? I understand your entire appreciation of App comes down to us being ranked. And yes we did just lose to Carolina in week one by 2 points so we probably won’t be ranked next week.I can clearly see the sky falling and the program imploding. Were I you I’d spare myself the embarrassment and not watch another game……until we are ranked and it’s safe to do so.
I didn't shambles. What I actually said is I'm concerned the conference is improving at a faster rate than we are.
Based on what? You literally have zero evidence of that at the current moment. Coastal struggled to beat Army. JMU beat mtsu. Marshall rolled their fcs opponent. Old dominion beat tek which was amazing and we were a hair from beating UNC. Again you make no sense
Oh, Seattle. We finished 5th in the East. Here's the thing, this was predictable, it was predicted (admittedly not this bad). Nothing but the rest of the conference has gotten better since 2019. Coaching has been an issue under Clark. He wasn't qualified and isn't getting better.

MrCraig

Unread post by MrCraig » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:23 am

AppWyo wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:38 pm
No team is ever a bad team that takes another team into overtime...

Only one game this season was really a blowout loss of 12 points.

Just think how sweet it will be when App beats all these teams next season...

Everyone said that App needed better competition. Now it has better competition and all you want to do is cry...

With the kind of reasoning some are using on this board, Coastal should fire Jamey Chadwell because of the blowout loss to JMU 7-47 and ODU 21-49, for a total of 68 points.

App lost by a total of 35 points this season.

Troy has been successful this season, because they have not had to play in the Sun Belt East.
I’m looking at a 6 and you’re telling me it’s a 9.

The fact App lost so many very winnable games shows me App was out coached numerous times. You are your record. Coastal is 9-2, and SBC East champs. They would probably be 10-2 with a P5 win if not for the tragedy in Virginia.

Jamey Chadwell is a crappy dude, but a great coach. Shawn Clark is a great dude, but a pretty bad coach. I don’t think it would be THAT hard to find someone who is a pretty good dude AND a pretty good coach.

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:53 am

Since the Conference Championship game from 2021, App is 6-8.
This comes from student-athlete turnover, multiple coaching changes, and Covid, which is still an issue. Im not sure blaming Clark is helpful nor appropriate. Im a pastor, a position much like a coach. Circumstances can make you look bad even when you do your best. Ive been there many times over 50 years.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:07 pm

Given the talent that he inherited, yes, I said inherited talent, and the obstacles with the portal and NIl, 6-6 is not as bad as some of you want to see. If he stood on the podium in August and told you that 6-6 was possible, most of the posters on this board would have lost their sh!t.

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:41 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:07 pm
Given the talent that he inherited, yes, I said inherited talent, and the obstacles with the portal and NIl, 6-6 is not as bad as some of you want to see. If he stood on the podium in August and told you that 6-6 was possible, most of the posters on this board would have lost their sh!t.
Exactly this. Coaches and admin knew going in to the season this could happen. The fact we were a two point conversion away from having 2 P5 wins in two weeks made the fans think we had the most talent we've ever had. It simply wasn't true.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

311neers

Unread post by 311neers » Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:49 pm

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:41 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Exactly this. Coaches and admin knew going in to the season this could happen. The fact we were a two point conversion away from having 2 P5 wins in two weeks made the fans think we had the most talent we've ever had. It simply wasn't true.
Well, we won’t be as talented next year, so should we expect 6-6 again or worse? I think we all saw 4th 5th and 6th year guys starting and thought we would be good. Maybe we just aren’t good and most of us didn’t know it. Hampton, peoples, brice and jones all gone. We had talent everywhere but LB (due to injuries) and secondary (except the “all american”).

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:57 pm

311neers wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:49 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:41 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Well, we won’t be as talented next year, so should we expect 6-6 again or worse? Maybe we just aren’t good and most of us didn’t know it. Hampton, peoples, brice and jones all gone. We had talent everywhere but LB (due to injuries) and secondary (except the “all american”).
We have 2 guys (maybe 3) with a chance at NFL from this team.

We have 5 currently on NFL rosters from last year's team. And 2 more that signed contracts but didn't make it. So we lost 7 of our starting 22 with NFL level talent. That's a lot.

Next year's team, on paper, should be more talented but still young. Of course, that's assuming they are developed. And from what I've seen, there are some position groups that need help developing. And those position groups should be seeing a shake up in the staff.
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:24 pm

We were the consensus pick to win the Sunbelt.This season is an abject failure.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”