Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

I want to know

JTApps1
School: Appalachian State

Re: I want to know

Unread post by JTApps1 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:04 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:19 am
yosef69 wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:13 am
AppStateNews wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:08 am
AppFan11 wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:07 am
You can have him…. different players.
You’re in denial in the worst way.
If Drink were still here, we'd be worse off. We wouldn't have 90% of our starters. There's a reason players threw a party in the locker room when he left.
Whatever man. He won. This staff can’t.
He won with players that weren't his.

He did everything he could to destroy the culture. He was handed the keys to a Lamborghini. We all could have won with what he was handed.

Please tell me another time where a recruit commits immediately after the coach takes another job -- before knowing who the next coach would be. Drink is a snake and only cares about himself.

If Drink was still here, we'd have 1 win right now. Clark has issues. But players will run through a wall for him. For Drink, they'd push him in front of a train.
Not to mention the recruiting classes he was involved with have produced at a very low rate. We're seeing the impact of those misses right now.
When will "It's better than what we had" no longer be good enough for App State?

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:16 am

JTApps1 wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:04 am
AppStateNews wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:19 am
yosef69 wrote:
AppStateNews wrote:
yosef69 wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:08 am

You’re in denial in the worst way.
If Drink were still here, we'd be worse off. We wouldn't have 90% of our starters. There's a reason players threw a party in the locker room when he left.
Whatever man. He won. This staff can’t.
He won with players that weren't his.

He did everything he could to destroy the culture. He was handed the keys to a Lamborghini. We all could have won with what he was handed.

Please tell me another time where a recruit commits immediately after the coach takes another job -- before knowing who the next coach would be. Drink is a snake and only cares about himself.

If Drink was still here, we'd have 1 win right now. Clark has issues. But players will run through a wall for him. For Drink, they'd push him in front of a train.
Not to mention the recruiting classes he was involved with have produced at a very low rate. We're seeing the impact of those misses right now.
And some on here came at me and tried to defend Drink's recruiting before but it is 100% fact that his commits have not produced as well. He has a few who have been good but overall he had a lot of misses in his short time.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:27 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:33 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:59 pm
yosef69 wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 4:26 pm
AppWyo wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 3:43 pm
It amazes me how the same people who say we need better competition than the Sun Belt provides are the same people who loose their minds when we loose. We now have better competition.

The fact is this conference has gotten better just because Appalachian and to some extent Georgia Southern, are a part of this conference. This is just a setup for a better season this season and in the future.

Shawn Clark is not the issue. It is our expectations that we should win every game. We have been in every game we have lost and every game we have won. Remember when Billy Napier said, you cannot call it a rivalry between Appalachian and Louisiana until Louisiana actually beats Appalachian? The same is true with Texas State, Coastal Carolina, and everyone else that Appalachian has lost to and beaten. You are only as good as your next game. Who knows, Texas State may be who App beats for the Sun Belt Title in football this year?

Think about how many schools fire their coach on a whim because of a loss and it cripples their program for years. Just look at Michigan, Auburn, Arkansas, Tennessee, Florida State, Nebraska, Louisville, Virginia Tech, Georgia Tech, Miami, East Carolina, etcetera. Appalachian would not have what it has now had we gotten rid of Jerry Moore in '93 or '04. The same is true of Shawn Clark...
Maybe we shouldn’t win every game but we have lost 5 of the last 8… and some in completely embarrassing fashion.
That is part of it as well. If there is a good excuse for the TSU game that is isolated and we rebound with a strong finish then people will let this go. If the issues remain and we lose 3 more games then I can't imagine the conversations that will happen on here and in Boone. Could you imagine us completely missing out on a bowl game? If we don't improve some things that will very much happen this year and we have to win 7 games this year, unless we lose to Robert Morris.
I am kind of kidding and kind of serious, WE CAN LOSE TO ROBERT MORRIS AND IT WILL NOT AFFECT OUR REMAINING SEASON GOALS AT ALL!!!!!!! let that sink in and hear me out. We should play nothing but second string players and next year's probable starters play the whole game and see how it goes. A win means nothing and a loss means nothing....might as well use it as a teachable moment. Make the starters sit out and watch and write papers critiquing the second string...maybe they will learn from it.
That would really be great for recruiting wouldn't it. NOT!

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:35 am

BallantyneApp wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:35 pm
bcoach wrote:
Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:58 pm
I want to know how JMU is ranked when they haven't played anyone. Serious question.
We’re someone, nay? Or we were when we played JMU
I don't mean this disrespectfully. I love APP but we just are not right now and now is when they got ranked. It will be interesting to see what happens a few weeks down the road. Would we be ranked with their record?

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:39 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:41 am
YesAppCan wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:48 am
Since this is an "I want to know" thread, I'd like to know a couple things from those more versed in X's and O's. Have offenses figured out the 3-4 defense and it's shortcomings? Secondly, could we not just switch to a 4-3 now because we get NO pressure from the 3? Just seems like we are on the losing battle defensively; we can't get pressure and we can't cover-give way too much cushion.
Yes and no. Our scheme only works if we get pressure consistently. Teams have figured out our only consistent pass rush right now is with a blitzing OLB. They are scheming them into coverage (helping Hampton's pro chances since he's showing he can do that as well) or double teaming them with a chip from the RB or TE. This is putting our DBs on an island. Our DBs aren't man coverage guys.

If Jones and company can figure out how to get consistent pressure some how else, the defense will still succeed.
It is definitely helping Hampton more. He could be playing his way in to round 2 this season.

The question is do we change to a 4-3 or what to counter this? It sounds like they know the issue so they have to fix it and make adjustments. Our coaches know what the issue is and they are paid to scheme so I'm expecting some major changes over the next few weeks. I thought by watching we had some things to figure out but hoped this month would be a little bit easier so we could get it done by Nov 3 without a loss. What makes me nervous is now I don't feel like Georgia State is a definite win. We have to get a lot better or else Robert Morris is our only remaining win.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:41 am

bcoach wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:35 am
BallantyneApp wrote:
bcoach wrote:
I want to know how JMU is ranked when they haven't played anyone. Serious question.
I don't mean this disrespectfully. I love APP but we just are not right now and now is when they got ranked. It will be interesting to see what happens a few weeks down the road. Would we be ranked with their record?
We definitely are not right now just like A&M is not a top 10 team either.

We would be ranked for sure if we were undefeated like them. We would probably be more like 22-23 instead of 25 if it was us.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:24 am

AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:41 am
bcoach wrote:
BallantyneApp wrote:
bcoach wrote:

We would be ranked for sure if we were undefeated like them. We would probably be more like 22-23 instead of 25 if it was us.
Let me clarify. If we had their schedule I find it very difficult to believe we would be ranked.

hapapp

Unread post by hapapp » Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:33 am

bcoach wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:24 am
AppStFan1 wrote:
bcoach wrote:
BallantyneApp wrote:
bcoach wrote:

Let me clarify. If we had their schedule I find it very difficult to believe we would be ranked.
Other than our game, have they had a close game? When you consider they came back from a 28-3 deficit against us, it really wasn't close in the second half. I don't know if they should be ranked but they have dusted everyone else including a Texas State team that cruised over us and a MTSU team that dogged Miami. In the coming weeks, we will see as they make their way through the rest of the East.

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:27 pm

I have not made a peep since the first half of the game Saturday. But its a rant type topic so here goes:

I have listened to podcasts and read a ton of comments, and to be frank, some of it is apologetic, excuse laden, non sense. For starters, I am no Drink fan or hater, dude came in did his job and left, meh. But to blame this year's "play to your opponent" type of mentality and the other on field issues is on this year's staff and players. The tackling has been poor, coming out "flat" as described by the players, and my goodness the dumb/undisciplined penalties. OUR team looked so good against P5 competition this year and so poor against everyone else not named Citadel. Is that Drink? Guys that tackled really well in years past are whiffing or being tossed aside, the OLine is not opening holes and being physical (admitted by staff) and we cannot get off the field on 3rd down. If we get a negative play on O, it seems like a death sentence for that drive, but if the other team does it, they seem to get a chunk play and make it 3rd and short and pick it up. Bottom line, imo, is that this team needs to get over themselves and find that chip that has worked so well for us over the years. The SBC has caught up to us and everyone wants what we have. We are the star attraction still and will always have that bullseye . . . we cant just take the field and win b/c we are App State. And please, when down by 2-3 touchdowns, please stop celebrating mediocre plays like we just won the game, its embarrassing. Finally, it is OK to question some of what is going on. Calling for the heads of coaches that have proven themselves in the recent past is silly imo, but they can and should be critiqued. They take the praise, they can take the questioning. I'm 50, so I cant "give my all" on the field, but I can with my wallet, time, passion, etc. We are all part of the powerful machine that makes up App State Football, and if someone isn't pulling their weight, then it needs to be called out. That does NOT make me any less of a fan, my sleepless night can attest to that. Go Apps . . .

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:18 pm

bcoach wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
bcoach wrote:
BallantyneApp wrote:
bcoach wrote:

At this point with the name credibility we have built up, you believe that a first-year FBS JMU gets ranked but we don't? We would 100% be ranked and a little higher than them. Many media members vote based on name recognition sometimes.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:22 pm

AppOrange wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:27 pm
I have not made a peep since the first half of the game Saturday. But its a rant type topic so here goes:

I have listened to podcasts and read a ton of comments, and to be frank, some of it is apologetic, excuse laden, non sense. For starters, I am no Drink fan or hater, dude came in did his job and left, meh. But to blame this year's "play to your opponent" type of mentality and the other on field issues is on this year's staff and players. The tackling has been poor, coming out "flat" as described by the players, and my goodness the dumb/undisciplined penalties. OUR team looked so good against P5 competition this year and so poor against everyone else not named Citadel. Is that Drink? Guys that tackled really well in years past are whiffing or being tossed aside, the OLine is not opening holes and being physical (admitted by staff) and we cannot get off the field on 3rd down. If we get a negative play on O, it seems like a death sentence for that drive, but if the other team does it, they seem to get a chunk play and make it 3rd and short and pick it up. Bottom line, imo, is that this team needs to get over themselves and find that chip that has worked so well for us over the years. The SBC has caught up to us and everyone wants what we have. We are the star attraction still and will always have that bullseye . . . we cant just take the field and win b/c we are App State. And please, when down by 2-3 touchdowns, please stop celebrating mediocre plays like we just won the game, its embarrassing. Finally, it is OK to question some of what is going on. Calling for the heads of coaches that have proven themselves in the recent past is silly imo, but they can and should be critiqued. They take the praise, they can take the questioning. I'm 50, so I cant "give my all" on the field, but I can with my wallet, time, passion, etc. We are all part of the powerful machine that makes up App State Football, and if someone isn't pulling their weight, then it needs to be called out. That does NOT make me any less of a fan, my sleepless night can attest to that. Go Apps . . .
100% here.

Just because someone is being paid a lot of money in a job does not make them good. Look what Rhule did in Carolina. He was a bad fit in the pro game but a stupid owner gave him a shot because he built programs in college. Building a power program in college is nothing like running a good team in the pros and owners have to realize that. It is just not the same game.

Also, just because someone is on the field playing does not mean they are the only one who can talk either. Fans 1000% have a right and a stake in this thing. People like Peoples don't truly appreciate the fans and only want praise but are not mature enough to handle criticism. It is fair to criticize. You earned that right by joining YOSEF, buying tickets, coming to games, and caring enough to spend your free time with others on here who passionately care.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:23 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:18 pm
bcoach wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
bcoach wrote:
BallantyneApp wrote:

At this point with the name credibility we have built up, you believe that a first-year FBS JMU gets ranked but we don't? We would 100% be ranked and a little higher than them. Many media members vote based on name recognition sometimes.
We will have to agree to disagree on that one.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:26 pm

AppOrange wrote:

At the end of the 2019 season, we had the opportunity to build on what had be built for years. We had national attention, we might have been on the cusp of be what Boise State was in 2004 or what Cincinnati was in 2017. But we had an AD that was looking elsewhere and made an easy (lazy) hire. Now we have to deal with that and hopefully get back to where we were in New Orleans at the end of the 2019 season. History is not on our side. So all that can be done now is hope.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:30 pm

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:26 pm
AppOrange wrote:

At the end of the 2019 season, we had the opportunity to build on what had be built for years. We had national attention, we might have been on the cusp of be what Boise State was in 2004 or what Cincinnati was in 2017. But we had an AD that was looking elsewhere and made an easy (lazy) hire. Now we have to deal with that and hopefully get back to where we were in New Orleans at the end of the 2019 season. History is not on our side. So all that can be done now is hope.
Do you think we should have hired someone else? I’m not sure where you stand on the Clark hire

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:33 pm

bcoach wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:23 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:18 pm
bcoach wrote:
AppStFan1 wrote:
bcoach wrote:

We will have to agree to disagree on that one.
JMU is getting ranked because they beat us and people recognize that to beat a top team in the SBC is now an impressive feat. If you are saying swap schedules and we beat a team viewed like we are and the rest like they had then we would be ranked. JMU is getting a bump because of the name we have built. Beating App State is viewed as a big accomplishment for a non P5.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:34 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:30 pm
appgrad95&97 wrote:
AppOrange wrote:

Do you think we should have hired someone else? I’m not sure where you stand on the Clark hire
Looks to me like he clearly hates the hire and should have hired almost anyone else.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:35 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
appgrad95&97 wrote:
AppOrange wrote:

Rich Rodriguez was out there. He was very successful at WVU and wasn't bad at the lesser ASU.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:39 pm

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:35 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
appgrad95&97 wrote:
AppOrange wrote:

Rich Rodriguez was out there. He was very successful at WVU and wasn't bad at the lesser ASU.
Was he in our salary range and would he be another 1 year hire. My guess is that would be a no and a yes.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:40 pm

bcoach wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:39 pm
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
appgrad95&97 wrote:
AppOrange wrote:

Was he in our salary range and would he be another 1 year hire. My guess is that would be a no and a yes.
He was OC at Monroe and is now at Jacksonville St.

bcoach

Unread post by bcoach » Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:43 pm

appgrad95&97 wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:40 pm
bcoach wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:39 pm
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
appgrad95&97 wrote:

He was OC at Monroe and is now at Jacksonville St.
Well I guess that tells you something also.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”