Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

I want to know

appbio91
School: Appalachian State

Re: I want to know

Unread post by appbio91 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:37 pm

ASU2012 wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:51 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:44 pm
Here are the numbers ---
• Going into last year’s bowl game, App State ranked in the top 20 nationally in scoring defense (No. 16,
19.3 points), total defense (No. 18, 325.5 yards), pass efficiency defense (No. 12, 114.7), INTs (No. 10, 15),
defensive TDs (No. 6, four), red zone defense (No. 15, 73.7%) and rushing defense (No. 19, 118.8).
Here’s another number:

Clark is now 2-8 is games where App isn’t favored by 7.5 or more

Great record at winning the lopsided ones, 2-8 in the toss up games.
I don’t really have any issues with coaching today.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:47 pm

We'll be bowl eligible with this staff. For years. But we are on a 3 gsme losing streak. We haven't looked good in a while.

BeauFoster

Unread post by BeauFoster » Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:58 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:30 pm
BeauFoster wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:13 pm
Stats where App “won” today:
Overall yards
Passing yards
Rushing yards
First downs
Sacks
Punts forced
Fumbles forced/recovered
Time of possession
Penalties (number/yards)

Stats where App lost today
Field goals made
3rd down conversions
Interceptions
Scoreboard

No real point here, other than our offense, despite going 29+ minutes not scoring in the middle of the game, actually kicked ass.

At one point in the game, we were 5 of 7 on 3rd down conversions.
We finished 7-12. UNC was 9-14.
Give 'em hell!

AppSt12

Unread post by AppSt12 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:04 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:11 pm
ASU2012 wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:51 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
Here are the numbers ---
• Going into last year’s bowl game, App State ranked in the top 20 nationally in scoring defense (No. 16,
19.3 points), total defense (No. 18, 325.5 yards), pass efficiency defense (No. 12, 114.7), INTs (No. 10, 15),
defensive TDs (No. 6, four), red zone defense (No. 15, 73.7%) and rushing defense (No. 19, 118.8).
Here’s another number:

Clark is now 2-8 is games where App isn’t favored by 7.5 or more

Great record at winning the lopsided ones, 2-8 in the toss up games.
Honestly I could give a shit what the spread is - you either win or you lose - who has beaten us in a game we clearly should win?
The purpose of him referencing the spread is...how Coach Clark performs in games against teams of similar calibar.

And the answer is 2-8. Wins against marshall and coastal, and losses to marshall, coastal, louisana 3 times, miami, western kentucky and UNC.

2-8 vs peer teams
1st bowl loss and a blowout at that
0-3 vs Louisiana
Current 3 game losing streak
Has been loaded with returning players/seniors every year hes been here

There is NOTHING wrong with people who want him to stay head coach. There are just some who have higher standards and aspirations for this program that we dedicate so much of our time and money to. We can all coexist.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:24 pm

WVAPPeer wrote:
Here are the numbers ---
Exactly,

Defense needs improvement, but Clark’s team didn’t quit, rallied, rallied again and his staff called a play that makes him a hero if it is executed. All in a program that has 1/10th of the budget of the light blue.
I want the win as much as anyone, but the Clark ( and Brice naysayers walking out of the game) are off-base.
And the team didn’t come out flat.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:32 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:24 pm
WVAPPeer wrote:
Here are the numbers ---
Exactly,

Defense needs improvement, but Clark’s team didn’t quit, rallied, rallied again and his staff called a play that makes him a hero if it is executed. All in a program that has 1/10th of the budget of the light blue.
I want the win as much as anyone, but the Clark ( and Brice naysayers walking out of the game) are off-base.
And the team didn’t come out flat.
If anything, App is suffering from what it did when AE was quarterback, the offense scores so fast that it does not allow the defense time to rest. I am so excited about what we have and continue to have at App, a team that wins the right way with the right people without the drama that follows so many top programs.

CharlotteApp05

Unread post by CharlotteApp05 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:38 pm

Fake news.

Not sure where to start. UNC scored I think 34 straight points. App scored zero min third quarter and none for most of second. The complete opposite of what you said was true. When our offense scored, our defense played better.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Sep 03, 2022 7:49 pm

BeauFoster wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:58 pm
NewApp wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:30 pm
BeauFoster wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:13 pm
Stats where App “won” today:
Overall yards
Passing yards
Rushing yards
First downs
Sacks
Punts forced
Fumbles forced/recovered
Time of possession
Penalties (number/yards)

Stats where App lost today
Field goals made
3rd down conversions
Interceptions
Scoreboard

No real point here, other than our offense, despite going 29+ minutes not scoring in the middle of the game, actually kicked ass.

At one point in the game, we were 5 of 7 on 3rd down conversions.
We finished 7-12. UNC was 9-14.
Pretty close if you ask me.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:04 pm

If I were to complain it would be defensive backfield maybe LBs but hey we are young with lot of fallout and new position coaches and it was Game #1 against a very high powered P5 offense so I choose not to throw bricks yet

Offense coaching job well done A+

I trust Dale Jones will have the D improved later in season ......we have some big holes in the middle and secondary to fill.

Actually this game was a little the opposite of my expectations going in......I thought the O would struggle more than the D knowing that Carolinas D was suspect even.
KICK ASS!!!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:13 pm

CornCobPipes wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:04 pm
If I were to complain it would be defensive backfield maybe LBs but hey we are young with lot of fallout and new position coaches and it was Game #1 against a very high powered P5 offense so I choose not to throw bricks yet

I trust Dale Jones will have the D improved later in season ......we have some big holes in the middle and secondary to fill.

Actually this game was a little the opposite of my expectations going in......I thought the O would struggle more than the D knowing that Carolinas D was suspect even.
Do you still have the negative opinion of Brice that you did earlier today? Still think we will start the season 0-4?
Last edited by NewApp on Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Google SUX

TheAppalachianState

Unread post by TheAppalachianState » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:13 pm

The problem? Dale Jones.

Look, the offense stalled hard most of that game. But they also fucking rocked, obviously the team gave it their all and I love all those players for it.

These guys that come to App are championship caliber, even against teams like UNC. I fully expect better defensive schemes than what we got. Maye is a great QB, I think he’ll do great things at UNC. Still no excuse for them cutting our D like butter in our backyard.

Dale Jones needs to make insanely major adjustments or we need some young stud looking to make a name for himself at App State

postalapp90

Unread post by postalapp90 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:20 pm

Pretty happy overall with the offense and playcalling. We lack size and depth on d line and seem to lose track of wrs coming across the field. Paysour killed us with timely catches but not sure if he was beating man or getting lost in the zone. Maye impressed me with his accuracy and decison making which i doubt we will see again other than McCall. For the most part defense seemed to tackle well but the few times we didnt led to big gains. I think we will be fine in the conference but hope we arent banged up too. bad against Troy after playin A&M. I'll reserve judgement on defense until i see Troy and JMU. Loss sucked but it was a great gameday atmosphere and most stayed until the end despite being down 20 at the end of the third.

CornCobPipes

Unread post by CornCobPipes » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:25 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:13 pm
CornCobPipes wrote:

Do you still have the negative opinion of Brice that you did earlier today? Still think we will start the season 0-4?
Since your the win the damn cherry picking award for getting under everyones skin on this board....the answer is NO.....Brice is the best passer we have ever had for era and competition. Did he make some bad costly throws yes he did....but like coach said I'm glad he is our QB and don't know where you get your implications from someone's one short negative comment. The kid played his heart out.

And AGAIN if you would read and comprehend and saw my reply🙄 .......the streak started last year.....I never said first four games .....your jackass said that.
KICK ASS!!!

CoachRob

Unread post by CoachRob » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:29 pm

The opposing QBs have been the difference makers in the past two games, including last years bowl game. I thought Coach Jones threw everything he could at Drake Maye and he had an answer for everything. His ability to scramble with his feet when #s were dropped into coverage and then know where his safety value every time we blitz shows the dude is well beyond his years. Best QB we will see this year.

Not sure what to expect vs A&M, but there is no reason to be concerned about needing a coaching change till this continues vs the likes of Troy & JMU.

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:33 pm

OC play calling was great except for just a couple plays. One was after a penalty so probably trying to minimize damage.

Offense and play calling A+ Rating
It is only one game but I think we got a very good OC. Credit Clark for working through 2 OCs that didn’t quite deliver but looks 3rd time is the charm. Clark did what a good HC needs to do.

Defense did not make adjustments when Carolina made adjustments on offense, until late in game. You can’t give up 63 pts and expect to win. Too many wide open catches.

Defense play calling - D rating. (Dale has to do better or Clark may need to make hard choices like OC)

I love the fight this team showed today. A+ for heart and fight. I am so proud they fought so hard. If you go down then go down with your guns blazing.

TheAppalachianState

Unread post by TheAppalachianState » Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:59 pm

CoachRob wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:29 pm
The opposing QBs have been the difference makers in the past two games, including last years bowl game. I thought Coach Jones threw everything he could at Drake Maye and he had an answer for everything. His ability to scramble with his feet when #s were dropped into coverage and then know where his safety value every time we blitz shows the dude is well beyond his years. Best QB we will see this year.

Not sure what to expect vs A&M, but there is no reason to be concerned about needing a coaching change till this continues vs the likes of Troy & JMU.
At this stage in the game, being in the FBS, if ANY team scores 60+ on you, you better be concerned. If you want to forever be outside of the top 25 and be comfortable with it, that’s your business. But I think most of us want to be competitive and champions in football, and our D giving up that much against a middle of the pack P5 is reason to point a finger

yosef69

Unread post by yosef69 » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:02 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 6:34 pm
diehardapp18 wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:50 pm
Of course, we should have won that game and I’m over the “it’s great to be a Mountaineer!” facade. My thing is that all these frustrations should be pointed towards Jones. He’s a huge hindrance to the program at this point.
Buy out his contract and replace him. Pardon the sarcasm.
No sarcasm from me, dale isn’t the answer. Embarrassing defense two games in a row.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:03 pm

CornCobPipes wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:25 pm
NewApp wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:13 pm
CornCobPipes wrote:

Since your the win the damn cherry picking award for getting under everyones skin on this board....the answer is NO.....Brice is the best passer we have ever had for era and competition. Did he make some bad costly throws yes he did....but like coach said I'm glad he is our QB and don't know where you get your implications from someone's one short negative comment. The kid played his heart out.

And AGAIN if you would read and comprehend and saw my reply🙄 .......the streak started last year.....I never said first four games .....your jackass said that.
My apologies. It was teller who said Brice does not have what it takes to compete. Chill. You are going to blow a head gasket.
Google SUX

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:04 pm

yosef69 wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:02 pm
NewApp wrote:
diehardapp18 wrote:
Of course, we should have won that game and I’m over the “it’s great to be a Mountaineer!” facade. My thing is that all these frustrations should be pointed towards Jones. He’s a huge hindrance to the program at this point.
No sarcasm from me, dale isn’t the answer. Embarrassing defense two games in a row.
If he gets fired, are you going to apply for his job?
Google SUX

TheAppalachianState

Unread post by TheAppalachianState » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:06 pm

NewApp wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:04 pm
yosef69 wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:02 pm
NewApp wrote:
diehardapp18 wrote:
If he gets fired, are you going to apply for his job?
I bet we’d get some looks from a lot of prospects

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”