Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Marshall fans already poking the bear

Seattleapp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Marshall fans already poking the bear

Unread post by Seattleapp » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:58 pm

KingStLocal wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:12 pm
Marshall coming to the belt has a lot of older App fans fired up. They remember. I expect we will travel heavy for that one Wk 10. Speaking of Marshall, anyone see Rand. Moss play at KBS in 1996?
I remember watching him run up and down the field

InFor6More

Unread post by InFor6More » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:24 pm

ASU843 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:00 pm
Glad Marshall is in the SBC and will be an annual opponent for us. I love going there and most of the fans I have met are friendly, well behaved, and mature. They love their school like we love ours.
Marshall fans are first class. I went to an NCSU game at their place a few years back on a guys trip and the fans went out of their way to welcome us.

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:24 am

InFor6More wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:24 pm
ASU843 wrote:
Glad Marshall is in the SBC and will be an annual opponent for us. I love going there and most of the fans I have met are friendly, well behaved, and mature. They love their school like we love ours.
Marshall fans are first class. I went to an NCSU game at their place a few years back on a guys trip and the fans went out of their way to welcome us.
That is not my recollection at all. I remember being in their stadium in 1995 as it became apparent that App was going to win. Several Huntington police came to the App section and told us that there were not enough of them to protect all of us, so we should remove our hats, zip our coats, put our hands in our pockets, hide anything that identified us as App fans and walk as quietly as possible back to our cars.

It's a great rivalry and I'm glad they are in the Belt, but Marshall is one of two places I will never go again.

BUTCH1991

Unread post by BUTCH1991 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:03 am

appst89 wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:24 am
InFor6More wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:24 pm
ASU843 wrote:
That is not my recollection at all. I remember being in their stadium in 1995 as it became apparent that App was going to win. Several Huntington police came to the App section and told us that there were not enough of them to protect all of us, so we should remove our hats, zip our coats, put our hands in our pockets, hide anything that identified us as App fans and walk as quietly as possible back to our cars.

It's a great rivalry and I'm glad they are in the Belt, but Marshall is one of two places I will never go again.
And they used to slap their bumper stickers on everything in town

GreatAppSt

Unread post by GreatAppSt » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:39 pm

I used to love hearing younger fans proclaim they would never go back to a game at GS because they were meanies.

All the while I was thinking of the times I seriously thought I might not make it out of Huntington, GS was always tame when compared. Evidently 89 and I were at one of the same games.

I have bated anticipation just thinking of is the coming message boards fights when Gumroots South and Gumroots North start visiting each others turf. :twisted: Ima just stand back watch the sparks and enjoy the love. ;)
Last edited by GreatAppSt on Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:11 pm

I believe the Sunbelt is growing some of the best rivals in college football, especially with programs that are not old. The Sunbelt is full of teams that have modern day rivalries not long time grudges.

The coolest thing is, which has made App better, they give Appalachian their best shot. Most, if not all of the current rivalries in the Sunbelt are less than 50 years old. Most of the programs in the East division are not even 50 years old.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”