Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

UNC Game Prediction

Parks&RecAPP
School: Appalachian State

UNC Game Prediction

Unread post by Parks&RecAPP » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:29 pm

mike87

Re: UNC Game Prediction

Unread post by mike87 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:50 pm

I thought Clubber Lang was early!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:10 pm

mike87 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:50 pm
I thought Clubber Lang was early!
Honor thy mother and father
The Good Book makes it clear.
I pity the fool who breaks that rule
He has Mr T to fear.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

appstate77

Unread post by appstate77 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:38 pm

A bit early. I'm waiting for our own prediction guru.

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:23 am

Good analysis for the most part, but despite lack of experience at WR, I think we will all be pleasantly surprised.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:36 am

Overall that was a pretty decent analysis/discussion. I'm a numbers guy and like stats (for the most part) but when it gets too deep in the weeds I tune out. I'm being facetious here but when a stat geek talks about a team's 3rd down conversion rate, in the snow, at night on a Thursday it gets a bit carried away. I know this stuff has some importance but at the same time a new year brings new personnel and new challenges and opportunities. A lot will come down to the trenches. We always have good speed on defense and barring a brain fart in coverage we usually handle business in the back. We have had pretty good success on the offensive line (avoid dumb personal fouls and holding penalties) and even without 6'5" 340 pounders up front we have success. I'm just hoping we can still get pressure from the front 3 or 4 as we are still undersized.

The receiver position will see the most change we have had in years. We obviously have speed and skill there but my concern is how those guys do when the lights come on. It's one thing to make dazzling catches in an empty stadium in practice but it's different when the heart is pounding on Saturday.

MtnMan14

Unread post by MtnMan14 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:57 am

Just an observation, we do lose quite a bit at receiver obviously, but I think a lot of guys are discounting the additional reps some of those guys got during the covid year too when Sutton opted out and Hennigan was hurt all season. Maybe not a ton of reps, but enough they get a little extra game time. Plus the way we’ve just reloaded at linebacker lately every time we lose one, I’m a little more confident we can do the same at other positions. Every year we lose a good player we can’t imagine a better player replacing them, but I feel like we’ve been pretty darn good about reloading and not missing a beat. All of that combined with a ridiculous stable of running backs, and Chase Brice with another year under his belt. I think we are going to be damn good this year.

kearlnc1

Unread post by kearlnc1 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:02 pm

I think we have talent at receiver this year. With four super seniors they likely didn’t get many practice reps with starting WB, so not many game reps either. The new guys get the practice reps this year and should be more prepared. It comes down to next guy up has to step up. Our programs history and culture is pretty good at making that happen. I’m not overly worried about receiving. It may be more about Chase stepping it up another level with another year in the system.

sixtoes9134

Unread post by sixtoes9134 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:10 pm

kearlnc1 wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:02 pm
I think we have talent at receiver this year. With four super seniors they likely didn’t get many practice reps with starting WB, so not many game reps either. The new guys get the practice reps this year and should be more prepared. It comes down to next guy up has to step up. Our programs history and culture is pretty good at making that happen. I’m not overly worried about receiving. It may be more about Chase stepping it up another level with another year in the system.
I’m betting Barbay is going to use the TEs more than we’ve seen in recent years as well

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:47 pm

Barbay is the wildcard in this game this season.

'75App

Unread post by '75App » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:42 am

Tar Heels have lost 2 offensive starters in the first couple weeks of fall practice.

https://247sports.com/college/north-car ... 54/already

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:48 am

I debate whether Brooks would have been a starter in the sense of getting 20 to 25 carries a game. They have several backs that are equivalent to Brooks and the freshman are really good. The WR is a loss for them. They were expecting good things this season. However , he has been injury prone throughout his career.
App by 50 on 9/3.. :D
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”