Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Da'Shawn Brown enters portal

AppStFan1
School: Appalachian State

Da'Shawn Brown enters portal

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:43 pm

I hate to see this but I wonder if the knee injury was too much to overcome and got lost in the shuffle with all of our talent? I wish him well because he does seem like a good guy.

Does he likely end up in FCS or would another G5 take a chance on him?

BallantyneApp

Re: Da'Shawn Brown enters portal

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:05 pm

AppStFan1 wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:43 pm
I hate to see this but I wonder if the knee injury was too much to overcome and got lost in the shuffle with all of our talent? I wish him well because he does seem like a good guy.

One of his coaches quoted me on a tankless water heater in 2020. Said UVA was after him hard.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:14 pm

BallantyneApp wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:05 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:

One of his coaches quoted me on a tankless water heater in 2020. Said UVA was after him hard.
They wanted him then but my question is do they now? If he is damaged goods medically they would not still be after him. It will be interesting to see. We should all wish him well though!

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:39 pm

BallantyneApp wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:05 pm
AppStFan1 wrote:

Rinnai?

AppStateNews

Unread post by AppStateNews » Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:36 am

UVA really wanted him but pulled back after his ACL injury in high school. He verbally committed to us to get leverage for the P5 offers. As soon as he got his first P5 offer, he decommitted. A couple weeks later, he tore his ACL and teams pulled back. We stayed on him because his talent was worth it.

I don't know if he wants to play now instead of learning from the new vets or he just hasn't recovered from his injury. I wish him the best!
tAPPedInSports.net

Not affiliated with the above website

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:11 am

AppStateNews wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:36 am
UVA really wanted him but pulled back after his ACL injury in high school. He verbally committed to us to get leverage for the P5 offers. As soon as he got his first P5 offer, he decommitted. A couple weeks later, he tore his ACL and teams pulled back. We stayed on him because his talent was worth it.

I don't know if he wants to play now instead of learning from the new vets or he just hasn't recovered from his injury. I wish him the best!
I would guess the latter. The adjustment to college life can be harder for some and maybe that, combined with the loss of his father and recovering from the ACL injury were affecting him mentally.

AppStFan1

Unread post by AppStFan1 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:37 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:11 am
AppStateNews wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:36 am

I would guess the latter. The adjustment to college life can be harder for some and maybe that, combined with the loss of his father and recovering from the ACL injury were affecting him mentally.
It is truly sad he lost his father but I have seen players who have an injury and lose a parent use it as fuel and come back stronger. It could also be that he just did not fully recover to the same he was prior and just could not hang with the other so he fell behind. Players react different and unless Brown says so himself everyone is guessing. I will be really interested to see if he falls down to FCS or another FBS school takes a flyer on him.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”