Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

UNC Football ticket allotment

AppWyo
School: Appalachian State

Re: UNC Football ticket allotment

Unread post by AppWyo » Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:33 am

So what I hear you saying is that exclusivity is driving up the price of the ticket.

AppBox

Unread post by AppBox » Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:47 am

bigdaddyg wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:25 am
We need to get those prices up so we can be #1!

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:19 am

spacemonkey wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:21 pm
This will sound like I am kidding but I think the numbers might work out ok. Back when I was in school, (APP) I was running late for an important exam and parked somewhere I was not supposed to park. I knew I would be booted and have to pay the fine. I think you could pull up at the front gate and get out and allow your car to be towed and pay the tow bill and end up not too far off from how much a parking space is starting to cost. I don't know how much a tow bill is these days in Boone. Especially if it is just one game when you know it is going to be crazy.

Best option may be to pull up, get out, enjoy the game and find your car after.
You just gave me a business idea. Instead of PARK & RIDE, PARK & TOW! Charge prices lower than the average Tow Amount and have a car trailer with a Ram 3500 set-up to just tow your car to the lot. More efficient than valet and you can leave your car wherever you want! In case you can't pay, the car is collateral for the company.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:21 am

AppWyo wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:33 am
So what I hear you saying is that exclusivity is driving up the price of the ticket.
Supply and demand, who knew? I wanted to go to this game as soon as it was announced, the same as I did for Wake Forest (I had to move on the day of this game sadly), South Alabama 2014, Arkansas State in 2016, and Miami. This is the first game I won't be able to make it to because it doesn't make sense financially.

UNC folks think this is App State's "Super Bowl". Of course it's a big deal, but in terms of program longevity, it's much more important to win the Sun Belt East and then Conference Championship Game. Beating UNC means very little if you don't win the Sun Belt and App State fans know what Championships are worth. Michigan would've been huge regardless, but if JMU doesn't fumble and instead wins that game in the Quarters, the 2007 season is a let down.

MAD Doctor

Unread post by MAD Doctor » Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:40 am

MilesFinch.jpg
MilesFinch.jpg (9.42 KiB) Viewed 1680 times

"I'd like a black S500 to receive me at the airport. I need the interior of that car to be 71 degrees exactly."
-Miles Finch UNC '92

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:36 pm

I don't know how many of "them" are coming but the vast majority will roll up 45 minutes prior to kickoff thinking they'll park and walk in. And they'll arrive at their seats at about half-time. No matter what the town and university does, there will be griping, complaining and refund demanding. It's going to be great!

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:41 pm

Super Bowl? Hardly. It’s a long overdue in-state game this time playing in one of the premier settings in college football. Our Super Bowl would be a NY Day game. This is nothing more than bragging rights.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:57 pm

ericsaid wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:21 am
AppWyo wrote:
Supply and demand, who knew? I wanted to go to this game as soon as it was announced, the same as I did for Wake Forest (I had to move on the day of this game sadly), South Alabama 2014, Arkansas State in 2016, and Miami. This is the first game I won't be able to make it to because it doesn't make sense financially.

UNC folks think this is App State's "Super Bowl". Of course it's a big deal, but in terms of program longevity, it's much more important to win the Sun Belt East and then Conference Championship Game. Beating UNC means very little if you don't win the Sun Belt and App State fans know what Championships are worth. Michigan would've been huge regardless, but if JMU doesn't fumble and instead wins that game in the Quarters, the 2007 season is a let down.
I felt the same way about beating Michigan at the time, "This is nice, but it does not count to win the SoCon and get in the playoffs or win the FCS Championship."

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:26 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:41 pm
Super Bowl? Hardly. It’s a long overdue in-state game this time playing in one of the premier settings in college football. Our Super Bowl would be a NY Day game. This is nothing more than bragging rights.
Who cares. Call it our Super Bowl. It is the biggest game in Boone ever. Let's win our Super Bowl go 2-0 in my lifetime against Carolina, and head to Texas. Heck, we can call it A&M's Super Bowl for all I care.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:38 pm

AppWyo wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:57 pm
ericsaid wrote:
AppWyo wrote:

I felt the same way about beating Michigan at the time, "This is nice, but it does not count to win the SoCon and get in the playoffs or win the FCS Championship."
Dude come on. That was no one’s reaction to that game. Being part of the biggest upset in college football history was not followed up with this is a nice little win but we got a so con title to focus on. Obviously that was the overall goal but that win made us a national name not winning the so con that year.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:52 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:38 pm
AppWyo wrote:
ericsaid wrote:
AppWyo wrote:

Dude come on. That was no one’s reaction to that game. Being part of the biggest upset in college football history was not followed up with this is a nice little win but we got a so con title to focus on. Obviously that was the overall goal but that win made us a national name not winning the so con that year.
I did and I was in Ann Arbor. I mean they were ranked number five and we were ranked number one. If we had not won the FCS championship in 2007, 2007 would have been a let down.

InFor6More

Unread post by InFor6More » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:04 pm

AppWyo wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:52 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
AppWyo wrote:
ericsaid wrote:
AppWyo wrote:

I did and I was in Ann Arbor. I mean they were ranked number five and we were ranked number one. If we had not won the FCS championship in 2007, 2007 would have been a let down.
Ok

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:12 pm

Who knows Carolina fans who are coming to the game?

The only one I know is coming with me, as she does to all App games. I'm working on her, but she's been a Tar Heel her whole life since her parents are alumni. Now she's an App fan as well.
WE ARE YOSEF!

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:28 pm

AppWyo wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:52 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
AppWyo wrote:
ericsaid wrote:
AppWyo wrote:

I was there too and also at the title game. People around the country do not know we won the national title that year but everyone knows we beat Michigan. Having said that this UNC game is not at that level. But we both want the win! Go apps

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:47 pm

Miami was the biggest game in Boone. UNC the game with the biggest instate interest

MtnMan14

Unread post by MtnMan14 » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:16 pm

Saying a game is the other teams Super Bowl is preparing for if/when you lose because you can then say “well we just didn’t care but it was their biggest game of the year so of course they played harder”. Any in state game is a big game. Hell when UNCC came to play in Boone there was an awesome atmosphere in Kidd Brewer. Sure, UNC is the flagship university in the state and a P5 so of course it’s a big game. But they’re downplaying it. Talking like that when you lost the last time around is just silly. Plus, when we played in Chapel Hill, it was the second most expensive ticket that weekend as well behind ND at UGA. So if that’s the criteria for a teams Super Bowl, then we were also theirs, and they lost.

Edit: forgot to also mention that they had two games that sold very soon after they went on sale on they were Clemson and App State. I remember because my in-laws are all Clemson fans. So either it was also a huge game for them, or we have a passionate fan base that bought all the tickets and traveled, or maybe a little of both. Either way, we win.

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:29 pm

Seeing Miami in Boone was surreal. Seeing the scoreboard at the end was real.

Rekdiver

Unread post by Rekdiver » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:44 pm

ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:29 pm
And sobering

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:50 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
AppWyo wrote:
ericsaid wrote:
AppWyo wrote:

Didn't we come home and play Lenoir Rhyne or someone like that the next week? I recall feeling a little down considering the drop off on opponent but also kind of worried about the team being too high from that huge win and slip up. We didn't run the table but we still accomplished our goals. Helluva team and year.

bigdaddyg

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:51 pm

Rekdiver wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:44 pm
ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:29 pm
And sobering
I blame that stupid pep rally they had. And we never played them or Va Tech.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”