Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

UNC Football ticket allotment

AppSt94
School: Appalachian State

Re: UNC Football ticket allotment

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:48 am

ArmantiWaterSafety wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:26 am
I just perused their message board. It truly is amazing how we beat them literally 3 years ago and most on their board are still talking about how they don't understand why they're playing us because it's beneath them.
Would we feel any different if we were playing at Western?

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:50 am

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:41 am
HurricaneYosef wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:30 am
I missed tip off for the UNC-App hoops game this past year due to buses being extremely slow (got to bus lot 45 minutes to tip, 5 minutes from Arena).

Could honestly care less if traveling fans struggle to find parking and miss kick off.
I think you are in the minority. And will likely change your mind if you find out the word gets around we can't handle a big game. This can matter in scheduling if a large part of a schools fan base that has influence has the ear of the AD. Why give them an excuse for not playing us , they are already looking for reasons to duck the G5 schools in the state. That does not mean we let them park on Stadium Drive, but we need to have infrastructure in place. And that infrastructure helps App fans as well. I have no desire to spite a visiting fan base and I certainly have no desire to spite a visiting fan base if it makes my life harder getting to KBS.

Even dedicated fans with season tickets don't have parking for this game beyond hoping for the best. Not a good look to be honest.
Agree 100%. Although thread is referring to UNC tickets, my comment above is more about App. St. fans. With 40k attending, it is going to be a logistics challenge for all fans no matter the allegiance.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:57 am

hapapp wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:28 am
BambooRdApp wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:23 am
I agree with the statement above. In the past, we have been fortunate to get parking on one of the lots of king street and walk. For this game, people are going to have to be parking well away from stadium. If the athletics department is trying to make this the best fan experience and it overall positive, whether it is larger uses like appalcart or worse case scenario Watauga school system buses, they should ensure the got buses for shuttles.
For parking, not sure if the mall parking lot is available for parking, they should see if the can rent for a day...just a hypothetical example . I get it is not entirely athletics deot responsibility to get fans to game...but they are an important component of the equation. It would be bad if some fans are parked at high school (as an example) and miss kickoff because of traffic back ups.
Overall, I hope we continue to have P5 opponents coming to Boone.... hopefully the athletics dept is thinking about these types of things
It is important to get this right. It shouldn't be a situation where people are just to fend for themselves given the potential size of the crowd. Let's face it there are few times that the opposing team will bring 3000+ fans to Boone. If we want to convince others to come to Boone to play us, we can't afford a bad look. So, yes it does matter how it appears. We can either appear rinky dink or like we have things under control and are prepared for the largest football crowd to hit Boone.
This was one of the obstacles that we would have had to overcome when we were exploring the feasibility of accepting an AAC invitation should it have come during the last round. The infrastructure of Boone proper makes it difficult to consistently handle large Gameday crowds. It’s sounds like a no brainer to grow the stadium to hold say 40k, but we are basically on our own in handling that endeavor.

ArmantiWaterSafety

Unread post by ArmantiWaterSafety » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:58 am

AppSt94 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:48 am
I just perused their message board. It truly is amazing how we beat them literally 3 years ago and most on their board are still talking about how they don't understand why they're playing us because it's beneath them.
As in Western Carolina? I get the point you're trying to make but of course we'd feel the same about playing Western, they're in an entirely different subdivision with different amounts of scholarships. Us and Chapel Hill are in the same subdivision though. G5 and P5 are legitimately made up, regardless of people's feelings about it.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:00 pm

Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:58 am
AppSt94 wrote:
As in Western Carolina? I get the point you're trying to make but of course we'd feel the same about playing Western, they're in an entirely different subdivision with different amounts of scholarships. Us and Chapel Hill are in the same subdivision though. G5 and P5 are legitimately made up, regardless of people's feelings about it.
Factually true. But we are dealing with perception. They are just as pi$$ed about going to Ga. State.

yikas1

Unread post by yikas1 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:15 pm

North Carolina fans at Tweetsie.

As far as our infrastructure for game day crowds, I don't buy the assertion that we can't handle our football crowd. You have to walk miles to get to Kenan stadium unless you're a big money giver, And it is an absolute nightmare getting in and out of Chapel Hill. It's all about perspective.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:41 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Western did not beat us the last time they played us and they are one step down in scholarships which limits depth and bench. They only advantage, as big as it is, is Prig 5 money for UNC-CHeat, well that, and having a history of academic fraud with athletics.

I would like to think our fanbase is humble enough to not make a statement like this even if we had to play L-R again.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:49 pm

Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:20 am
HighlandsApp wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:09 am
Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:51 am
appgrad95&97 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:06 am
Did we get parking with our allotment in Chapel Hill?
They had plenty of park and ride lots around the perimeter of Carrboro and Chapel. It was well done to be honest. And parking and the bus ride in and out was free at that, or maybe I did pay a few dollars. I know the last time App played UNC-CHeat my sister and I paid to park at the mall and ride a bus in if I remember correctly. And this is not just for the UNC fans but for EVERYONE, including App fans. Even a $10 charge for parking and bus ride would be good with me (though bus fare is zero in Boone as it is in Chapel Hill.) I would make an exception for football games.

Would parking in the big field in Vale Crucis be doable? Park at the new WHS for at least some spots. My gut tells me WHS is not being used every Saturday during the fall. And there are elementary schools with some parking around the county. That is a short ride and then give a few dollars to the school system to help them at as thanks and the rest can go to App athletics. Lease a bus load or two of spots at the Mall. Is there a big field we could lease out near Deep Gap for parking (Parkway Elementary has some parking for some coming up 421.)

We need bus drivers for this but pay them double time if need be. I bet App could still turn a profit on this or at least break even even with driver pay, land rental, and bus costs. We don't need 35,000 spots in total and we already have some off-site locations such as the local churches and home owners to a lesser extent. But having a few spots that one knows will be available can not be a bad thing.
Appalcart system is not designed for this type of volume. It can't handle the existing route volume on game days much less having the ability to add high volume routes for special game day lots. The athletic department would need to contract with an outside vendor for this transportation that is if an available parking lot is secured and contracted for use.
They have a few larger buses as I have been on them, though the question would be do they have enough large buses to work this AND maintain the regular routes, but you make a valid point. I am not even sure how many spare buses they have but they must have a few. I wonder where the nearest charter bus is located. Newton has Holiday Tours, though that option is going to be more expensive than ApplaCart. Any charter buses in Wilkesboro? Sunway Buses has some operations out of Winston and they are the company that runs both Mountaineer Express Routes.

It would be nice to see the numbers on what this would cost versus what money could be raised.
I don't think that would be a problem Young transportation company is who I think we use for athletics currently. We could hire out the Cherokee boys Club and all of their buses.

That being said we don't know if the Rams Club has organized something with a central parking and busing for people going to the game kind of like our alumni department does. They may have a sweet parking arrangement already lined up....

I do think that the athletic department should have done and would be doing everything to give the 500 Yosef Club members who paid to a level that would have normally gotten a parking space to arrange for them to be a parking someplace and transport to the stadium. Just seems between harden Park elementary School and the high school and perhaps another school we could have secured 500 parking spaces...

/\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09

Unread post by /\PP ST/\TE GRAD 09 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:03 pm

I'll probably just park in my driveway for the game.
Twitter: @brosef_yosef

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:18 pm

HurricaneYosef wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:30 am
I missed tip off for the UNC-App hoops game this past year due to buses being extremely slow (got to bus lot 45 minutes to tip, 5 minutes from Arena).

Could honestly care less if traveling fans struggle to find parking and miss kick off.
Me too.
WE ARE YOSEF!

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:20 pm

Does anyone know a UNC fan who is coming and struggling with parking?
WE ARE YOSEF!

spacemonkey

Unread post by spacemonkey » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:28 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
If they beat us 3 years ago...most would!!!!

Speaking of the Citadel....last game with them all I can remember hearing that day was "Touchdown Citadel"
I think the final score from that day was 52 - 28 the Citadel. Not a fun day.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:34 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:20 pm
I know some App fans that are worried about their own parking. That should be enough to want to do something. What if those App fans say, "Forget it," cut their losses, and sell their tickets to a Tar Heel fan and UNC-CHeat has done something for their fans. All of that is speculative, but it is in the realm of reason for some.
Last edited by McLeansvilleAppFan on Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:51 pm

I hate that some season ticket holders didn’t get parking spaces but many App fans who attend games without having season tickets or no parking pass have to find their own parking and do. My advice to UNC fans and any others who don’t have parking is to prepare before hand and be ready to find a private lot just like many already do. And come early.
WE ARE YOSEF!

goapps93

Unread post by goapps93 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:27 pm

I don’t think anyone has even mentioned that UNC goes to Atlanta Sept. 10 to play GA State. Two Sun Belt road games in a row. What a kick in the pants to Tar Heels fans. :roll:
WE ARE YOSEF!

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:33 pm

goapps93 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 2:27 pm
I don’t think anyone has even mentioned that UNC goes to Atlanta Sept. 10 to play GA State. Two Sun Belt road games in a row. What a kick in the pants to Tar Heels fans. :roll:
Right?

I saw that last week and thought holy camole what a schedule They kick off with an FCS team then they travel two weeks in a row to Sunbelt teams...😂

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:00 pm

I really with GameDay were going to be here for this game. I would love a three hour Rece Davis breakdown of the travails of Boone parking. Maybe one day.

Saint3333

Unread post by Saint3333 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:06 pm

WASU 93 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:11 am
Rekdiver wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:47 am
I figured out all by myself how to get parking at The UNC game. I’m sure the attendees can figure out something. I’m not concerned in the least.
And that's why it will be a cluster: You planned and put the time and effort into it. Most will not. Many will drive into town (expecting to see a sign for Game Day Parking which happens at most events these days) and the chaos will ensue (just like it did for the Luke Combs concert). Add in the Noon Kickoff and many arriving with 1-2 hours of kickoff......

That's why offering a Remote Lot to Visitors and Single-Game Ticket Holders should be part of our Game Day Planning and is not a bad thing to do.
Where was this concern for previous games. This is classic closet baby blue type stuff.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:52 am

goapps93 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:20 pm
Does anyone know a UNC fan who is not struggling with parking? Hell, I don't know any Carolina fans who are coming to the game for that matter. Maybe none of them will come. LOL
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

appstate24

Unread post by appstate24 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:44 am

Carolina fans? Who the hell cares, screw ‘em.

GO APPS!!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”