Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

UNC Football ticket allotment

AppWyo
School: Appalachian State

Re: UNC Football ticket allotment

Unread post by AppWyo » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:20 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:50 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:38 pm
AppWyo wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:57 pm
ericsaid wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 11:21 am
AppWyo wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:33 am
So what I hear you saying is that exclusivity is driving up the price of the ticket.
Supply and demand, who knew? I wanted to go to this game as soon as it was announced, the same as I did for Wake Forest (I had to move on the day of this game sadly), South Alabama 2014, Arkansas State in 2016, and Miami. This is the first game I won't be able to make it to because it doesn't make sense financially.

UNC folks think this is App State's "Super Bowl". Of course it's a big deal, but in terms of program longevity, it's much more important to win the Sun Belt East and then Conference Championship Game. Beating UNC means very little if you don't win the Sun Belt and App State fans know what Championships are worth. Michigan would've been huge regardless, but if JMU doesn't fumble and instead wins that game in the Quarters, the 2007 season is a let down.
I felt the same way about beating Michigan at the time, "This is nice, but it does not count to win the SoCon and get in the playoffs or win the FCS Championship."
Dude come on. That was no one’s reaction to that game. Being part of the biggest upset in college football history was not followed up with this is a nice little win but we got a so con title to focus on. Obviously that was the overall goal but that win made us a national name not winning the so con that year.
Didn't we come home and play Lenoir Rhyne or someone like that the next week? I recall feeling a little down considering the drop off on opponent but also kind of worried about the team being too high from that huge win and slip up. We didn't run the table but we still accomplished our goals. Helluva team and year.
Yes we played Lenoir Rhyne at home then we lost to Wofford in Spartanburg and Georgia Southern in Boone.

Rick83

Unread post by Rick83 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:25 am

Just as a reminder since it's been a while, but our starters played the entire game against Michigan and were pretty beaten up...those Michigan guys were huge. Many of our guys ended up playing the rest of the season at less than 100% including Armanti I believe. Had we been way behind in the 3rd quarter at Michigan I'm sure the coaches would've started rotating the starters out to preserve them but that wasn't the situation...they had a historic event brewing and they could feel it. At this point in our evolution our guys are bigger and stronger and we have more depth (due in part to more scholarships allowed) so we're not going to be as beaten up playing even the powerhouse P5s...at least in theory.

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:37 am

Rick83 wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:25 am
Just as a reminder since it's been a while, but our starters played the entire game against Michigan and were pretty beaten up...those Michigan guys were huge. Many of our guys ended up playing the rest of the season at less than 100% including Armanti I believe. Had we been way behind in the 3rd quarter at Michigan I'm sure the coaches would've started rotating the starters out to preserve them but that wasn't the situation...they had a historic event brewing and they could feel it. At this point in our evolution our guys are bigger and stronger and we have more depth (due in part to more scholarships allowed) so we're not going to be as beaten up playing even the powerhouse P5s...at least in theory.
I'm glad we are FBS, but a case may could be made that part of the reason we are in FBS now is because we were a powerhouse in FCS. Weren't we defending champs in FCS the year prior to playing Michigan and weren't the Wolverines highly ranked at the time we were put on their schedule? Not to mention they were #5 when we played them. Two powerhouses from diff levels clashing. Google is your friend but not mine and the College Football Warehouse site is defunct. The rest is a waste of time when we have very knowledgeable fans on this board who are never hesitant to share their knowledge.
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:17 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
AppWyo wrote:
ericsaid wrote:
AppWyo wrote:
So what I hear you saying is that exclusivity is driving up the price of the ticket.
Supply and demand, who knew? I wanted to go to this game as soon as it was announced, the same as I did for Wake Forest (I had to move on the day of this game sadly), South Alabama 2014, Arkansas State in 2016, and Miami. This is the first game I won't be able to make it to because it doesn't make sense financially.

UNC folks think this is App State's "Super Bowl". Of course it's a big deal, but in terms of program longevity, it's much more important to win the Sun Belt East and then Conference Championship Game. Beating UNC means very little if you don't win the Sun Belt and App State fans know what Championships are worth. Michigan would've been huge regardless, but if JMU doesn't fumble and instead wins that game in the Quarters, the 2007 season is a let down.
I felt the same way about beating Michigan at the time, "This is nice, but it does not count to win the SoCon and get in the playoffs or win the FCS Championship."
Dude come on. That was no one’s reaction to that game. Being part of the biggest upset in college football history was not followed up with this is a nice little win but we got a so con title to focus on. Obviously that was the overall goal but that win made us a national name not winning the so con that year.
As much as I enjoyed the Michigan win I did feel come playoff time the game would be worth less without a national title that year and a SoCon title to go with the national title. And I was a bit worried after Wofford and GaSo. Things fell our way for the SoCon title and literally fell our way with the JMU game. The Michigan game would have been great but not as big to me had the year not finished as it did.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

Seattleapp

Unread post by Seattleapp » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:23 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:17 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
AppWyo wrote:
ericsaid wrote:
AppWyo wrote:

As much as I enjoyed the Michigan win I did feel come playoff time the game would be worth less without a national title that year and a SoCon title to go with the national title. And I was a bit worried after Wofford and GaSo. Things fell our way for the SoCon title and literally fell our way with the JMU game. The Michigan game would have been great but not as big to me had the year not finished as it did.
Of course. I get the overall goal of the title. My point was the Michigan win was not like we beat Northern Arizona. It was a program defining win.

AppWyo

Unread post by AppWyo » Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:38 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:23 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
AppWyo wrote:
ericsaid wrote:

Of course. I get the overall goal of the title. My point was the Michigan win was not like we beat Northern Arizona. It was a program defining win.
One thing we did learn about Appalachian with the win over Michigan is that Appalachian State runs a clean program, because you know the NCAA went over everything with a fine tooth comb several times making sure everything was above board.

appgrad95&97

Unread post by appgrad95&97 » Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:46 pm

AppWyo wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 4:38 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
AppWyo wrote:

One thing we did learn about Appalachian with the win over Michigan is that Appalachian State runs a clean program, because you know the NCAA went over everything with a fine tooth comb several times making sure everything was above board.
The NCAA hasn't mattered in college football since the mid 80s.

McLeansvilleAppFan

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:28 pm

Seattleapp wrote:
Seattleapp wrote:
AppWyo wrote:
ericsaid wrote:

I get it. It can be a program defining win and still be lessened for us Mountaineers if we had not picked up a SoCon and Natty.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

ericsaid

Unread post by ericsaid » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:17 pm

AppWyo wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:52 pm
Seattleapp wrote:
AppWyo wrote:
ericsaid wrote:
AppWyo wrote:

I did and I was in Ann Arbor. I mean they were ranked number five and we were ranked number one. If we had not won the FCS championship in 2007, 2007 would have been a let down.
I think we can revisit this now.

You were chided for saying that the season would've been a let down without a conference and national championship in 2007. People called you crazy.

Now App beats Number 6 Texas A&M yet loses out on the Conference and a Bowl game and people want the coach fired. I think we see how people really would've reacted in 2007 would the same result have followed as did this year.

BambooRdApp

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:22 pm

Did not want to start a new thread. For season ticket and NEZ seat holders, will we get opportunity to buy additional tickets in regular seating for ECU game. For example, I am NEZ seat holder, I have several other folks that want to attend. I would like to buy extra tickets in regular seating. Will we get opportunity to buy before others?
Cannot remember how it worked for UNC game.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!
#SleeveStripesWereTheBomb!!
#99ForPresident!!

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:46 pm

BambooRdApp wrote:
Tue Dec 27, 2022 6:22 pm
Did not want to start a new thread. For season ticket and NEZ seat holders, will we get opportunity to buy additional tickets in regular seating for ECU game. For example, I am NEZ seat holder, I have several other folks that want to attend. I would like to buy extra tickets in regular seating. Will we get opportunity to buy before others?
Cannot remember how it worked for UNC game.
I believe that we will.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”