UNC Football ticket allotment

User avatar
McLeansvilleAppFan
Posts: 8415
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Greensboro (McLeansville) NC
Has thanked: 3383 times
Been thanked: 1728 times

Re: UNC Football ticket allotment

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:51 am

Saint3333 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:06 pm
WASU 93 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:11 am
Rekdiver wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:47 am
I figured out all by myself how to get parking at The UNC game. I’m sure the attendees can figure out something. I’m not concerned in the least.
And that's why it will be a cluster: You planned and put the time and effort into it. Most will not. Many will drive into town (expecting to see a sign for Game Day Parking which happens at most events these days) and the chaos will ensue (just like it did for the Luke Combs concert). Add in the Noon Kickoff and many arriving with 1-2 hours of kickoff......

That's why offering a Remote Lot to Visitors and Single-Game Ticket Holders should be part of our Game Day Planning and is not a bad thing to do.
Where was this concern for previous games. This is classic closet baby blue type stuff.
Previous games were not brining in 3,000 visitors. I assume this will break the all time attendance record for KBS, the most fans in KBS rooting for App and at 3,000 visitors is this going to be a record for visitors as well. Was GaSo bringing in this many visitors when KBS held 16,000 or even 24,000? And what is done for this game may not be needed for all the other games but having a satellite parking situation at a local school is still needed. We have a demonstrated needed based on season ticket holders not getting parking and there are single game ticket holders in the mix as well. At one time students could move their car from Stadium Lot to the lot by Duncan. That has been gone for years. Now every parking stall on campus is for parking for home games. It is time for the the folks that plan for this to move to the next level and look at satellite parking with a bus brining people to KBS and returning after the game. And it may be that some of that satellite parking may not be used for every home game but maybe one lot is always there now. Let people parking there pay for the bus ride and those season ticket holders that have to settle for a satellite spot can at least get a pass to jump to front of the line for a bus ride to KBS. Again there is no reason this even needs to be a money loser for athletics. People can still use the local churches and private lots that are closer but it may be the days of driving to Boone on a Saturday and pulling in somewhere may be gone without the university getting something done, like rent out a school lot(s). At some point this will drive away fans if they have to worry that much about getting to the game. That will solve the problem of parking but not in the way the athletics department wants and I don't think there are enough local residents to fill in the gap that can park in their driveway.

App can't control hotel spaces and prices. App can't control restaurants and lines. App can't control traffic. And there are limitations of crowd control and lines inside KBS given the space, age, and history of how it is built up. But they can make sure everyone has a parking space and a way to get to the game on time.

Those that say screw 'em are also saying screw 'em to App fans.


And when we play ULM and Texas St we can pull back some on parking.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

BambooRdApp
Posts: 1550
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:32 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 486 times
Been thanked: 921 times

Re: UNC Football ticket allotment

Unread post by BambooRdApp » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:58 am

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:51 am
Saint3333 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:06 pm
WASU 93 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:11 am
Rekdiver wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:47 am
I figured out all by myself how to get parking at The UNC game. I’m sure the attendees can figure out something. I’m not concerned in the least.
And that's why it will be a cluster: You planned and put the time and effort into it. Most will not. Many will drive into town (expecting to see a sign for Game Day Parking which happens at most events these days) and the chaos will ensue (just like it did for the Luke Combs concert). Add in the Noon Kickoff and many arriving with 1-2 hours of kickoff......

That's why offering a Remote Lot to Visitors and Single-Game Ticket Holders should be part of our Game Day Planning and is not a bad thing to do.
Where was this concern for previous games. This is classic closet baby blue type stuff.
Previous games were not brining in 3,000 visitors. I assume this will break the all time attendance record for KBS, the most fans in KBS rooting for App and at 3,000 visitors is this going to be a record for visitors as well. Was GaSo bringing in this many visitors when KBS held 16,000 or even 24,000? And what is done for this game may not be needed for all the other games but having a satellite parking situation at a local school is still needed. We have a demonstrated needed based on season ticket holders not getting parking and there are single game ticket holders in the mix as well. At one time students could move their car from Stadium Lot to the lot by Duncan. That has been gone for years. Now every parking stall on campus is for parking for home games. It is time for the the folks that plan for this to move to the next level and look at satellite parking with a bus brining people to KBS and returning after the game. And it may be that some of that satellite parking may not be used for every home game but maybe one lot is always there now. Let people parking there pay for the bus ride and those season ticket holders that have to settle for a satellite spot can at least get a pass to jump to front of the line for a bus ride to KBS. Again there is no reason this even needs to be a money loser for athletics. People can still use the local churches and private lots that are closer but it may be the days of driving to Boone on a Saturday and pulling in somewhere may be gone without the university getting something done, like rent out a school lot(s). At some point this will drive away fans if they have to worry that much about getting to the game. That will solve the problem of parking but not in the way the athletics department wants and I don't think there are enough local residents to fill in the gap that can park in their driveway.

App can't control hotel spaces and prices. App can't control restaurants and lines. App can't control traffic. And there are limitations of crowd control and lines inside KBS given the space, age, and history of how it is built up. But they can make sure everyone has a parking space and a way to get to the game on time.

Those that say screw 'em are also saying screw 'em to App fans.


And when we play ULM and Texas St we can pull back some on parking.
Agree 100%. Small minded thinking to not want Gameday experience to be favorable (other than scoreboard in favor of App St)..I do not care if UNC, Miami, USC ( the real USC in Call, Notre Dame...pick the major P5 opponent. We want the feedback on GameDay experience to be favorable for both App. St. fans and whatever named P5 opponent.Hopefully, most of the 40k are App.St fans and, I would think, we would want to ensure it is first class.
Last edited by BambooRdApp on Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Today I Give My All For Appalachian State!!
#FreeMillerHillForMoMoney!!

appstate24
Posts: 1016
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:33 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1033 times
Been thanked: 700 times

Re: UNC Football ticket allotment

Unread post by appstate24 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:26 pm

“Those that say screw 'em are also saying screw 'em to App fans.”

Nope, just to the baby blues. Screw ‘em. Once all App fans have their parking taken care of (doesn’t appear that’s going to happen). At that point I MIGHT care about unc-ch fans and where they park...

Wait no, no I won’t.

GO APPS!!

huskie3
Posts: 4222
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2000 9:57 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Gaston County
Has thanked: 429 times
Been thanked: 429 times

Re: UNC Football ticket allotment

Unread post by huskie3 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:57 pm

Students will not use all the spots at Baseball lot, 105 lot nor State Farm lot so there will be some parking there. Don’t forget Horn in the West and Boone mall lots, I have parked there before and rode AppalCart in to campus.
Bring Your A Game!

User avatar
McLeansvilleAppFan
Posts: 8415
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Greensboro (McLeansville) NC
Has thanked: 3383 times
Been thanked: 1728 times

Re: UNC Football ticket allotment

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:18 pm

huskie3 wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:57 pm
Students will not use all the spots at Baseball lot, 105 lot nor State Farm lot so there will be some parking there. Don’t forget Horn in the West and Boone mall lots, I have parked there before and rode AppalCart in to campus.
Do they ticket on State Farm lot on football Saturdays? Or is State Farm open to all on Saturday?
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

huskie3
Posts: 4222
Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2000 9:57 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Gaston County
Has thanked: 429 times
Been thanked: 429 times

Re: UNC Football ticket allotment

Unread post by huskie3 » Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:33 pm

I assume they do not ticket since on campus student vehicles have to move there, same for 105. Plus campus security is busy other places game days.
Bring Your A Game!

HighlandsApp
Posts: 1196
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:44 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 821 times
Been thanked: 631 times

Re: UNC Football ticket allotment

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:44 pm

huskie3 wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:57 pm
Students will not use all the spots at Baseball lot, 105 lot nor State Farm lot so there will be some parking there. Don’t forget Horn in the West and Boone mall lots, I have parked there before and rode AppalCart in to campus.
Horn in West spots are rented monthly by the town of Boone.

User avatar
McLeansvilleAppFan
Posts: 8415
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Greensboro (McLeansville) NC
Has thanked: 3383 times
Been thanked: 1728 times

Re: UNC Football ticket allotment

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:01 pm

HighlandsApp wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:44 pm
huskie3 wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:57 pm
Students will not use all the spots at Baseball lot, 105 lot nor State Farm lot so there will be some parking there. Don’t forget Horn in the West and Boone mall lots, I have parked there before and rode AppalCart in to campus.
Horn in West spots are rented monthly by the town of Boone.
And there are requirements around the Farmer’s Market I thought as well. Though I can’t say I was at the farmers market on a football Saturday in memory to know how that all works.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

bigdaddyg
Posts: 4441
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:08 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 1584 times

Re: UNC Football ticket allotment

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:47 am

Is there a large available piece of land that could be used for a satellite parking area? I didn't bother going back over every comment to see if this had been discussed. I ended up at the baseball field for a game last year and got lucky with my spot. Thought I was gonna die walking back.

User avatar
McLeansvilleAppFan
Posts: 8415
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Greensboro (McLeansville) NC
Has thanked: 3383 times
Been thanked: 1728 times

Re: UNC Football ticket allotment

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:18 pm

bigdaddyg wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:47 am
Is there a large available piece of land that could be used for a satellite parking area? I didn't bother going back over every comment to see if this had been discussed. I ended up at the baseball field for a game last year and got lucky with my spot. Thought I was gonna die walking back.
I have suggested Watauga High if the Watauga School Board is willing to make a small bit of money off of the university in rent. And if more is needed or WHS has some function the Saturdays of home football games then look at elementary schools. Parkway Elem could work for those coming up US-421. Blowing Rock Elementary School for those coming up US-321 and US-221. Both are a bit farther out but not so far it could not work if other options are a no go in town.

If Boone Mall is like other malls they may have space to rent AND get the benefit of some shopping at the mall before or after the bus ride.

As some pointed out Applacart may not have the resources to help, or at least help in full, but there are charter buses such as Young, the tour bus company in Newton, Sunway Charters runs the Mountaineer Express routes, and there is a tour bus company in Randleman.

You are basically caught up on the thread. And some fans plan to park in their driveway since they live in Boone.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

User avatar
McLeansvilleAppFan
Posts: 8415
Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:37 am
School: Appalachian State
Location: Greensboro (McLeansville) NC
Has thanked: 3383 times
Been thanked: 1728 times

Re: UNC Football ticket allotment

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:22 pm

HighlandsApp wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:44 pm
huskie3 wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:57 pm
Students will not use all the spots at Baseball lot, 105 lot nor State Farm lot so there will be some parking there. Don’t forget Horn in the West and Boone mall lots, I have parked there before and rode AppalCart in to campus.
Horn in West spots are rented monthly by the town of Boone.
From the Town of Boone website. I don't know if this is an option for all day parking, besides if the Market is open there should be parking for those that want to help buy local.
Student Parking
The Town of Boone offers student parking located at our Daniel Boone lot, where 242 spaces are available for rent in coordination with the Appalachian State school schedule, from early August until early May. These spaces rent for $325 for the academic year. Please note that this lot does have a requirement that cars be moved on Friday afternoon and can be returned Saturday evening, to accommodate the Watauga County Farmers' Market. For more information about the Daniel Boone Lot please call Town of Boone Parking at 828-268-6229.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

WASU 93
Posts: 969
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:51 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 474 times
Been thanked: 562 times

Re: UNC Football ticket allotment

Unread post by WASU 93 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:22 pm

Saint3333 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:06 pm
WASU 93 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:11 am
Rekdiver wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:47 am
I figured out all by myself how to get parking at The UNC game. I’m sure the attendees can figure out something. I’m not concerned in the least.
And that's why it will be a cluster: You planned and put the time and effort into it. Most will not. Many will drive into town (expecting to see a sign for Game Day Parking which happens at most events these days) and the chaos will ensue (just like it did for the Luke Combs concert). Add in the Noon Kickoff and many arriving with 1-2 hours of kickoff......

That's why offering a Remote Lot to Visitors and Single-Game Ticket Holders should be part of our Game Day Planning and is not a bad thing to do.
Where was this concern for previous games. This is classic closet baby blue type stuff.
I can promise you there's no Baby Blue in my closet or even in my house. If you were in Boone the evening of Luke Combs, you know it's going to be a mess (and those fans had all day to arrive). I like hosting P5's and having big games in Boone. The better the experience for all, the better chance for us to have more games with 40K.

Saint3333
Posts: 11172
Joined: Tue Jun 27, 2000 8:42 am
Has thanked: 1781 times
Been thanked: 2576 times

Re: UNC Football ticket allotment

Unread post by Saint3333 » Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:26 pm

Are we selling more tickets to this game than those in the past?

It will be a mess as they choose to switch to electronic tickets for the home opener vs a quality opponent. Wish they had picked a different game there.

NewApp
Posts: 6746
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 8:59 am
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 834 times
Been thanked: 773 times
Contact:

Re: UNC Football ticket allotment

Unread post by NewApp » Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:41 am

Saint, will all tickets have to be electronic?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

HighlandsApp
Posts: 1196
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:44 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 821 times
Been thanked: 631 times

Re: UNC Football ticket allotment

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:02 am

Pretty interesting.... The UNCCH ticket prices. The ticket price that they charge Ram Club members for game with us is the same$150 per ticket which is three times the next highest ticket price. It looks fun on their website:

https://ramsclub.com/football-individua ... b-members/

EastHallApp
Posts: 6394
Joined: Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:34 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Raleigh
Has thanked: 2951 times
Been thanked: 2586 times

Re: UNC Football ticket allotment

Unread post by EastHallApp » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:31 am

WASU 93 wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:22 pm
Saint3333 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:06 pm
WASU 93 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:11 am
Rekdiver wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:47 am
I figured out all by myself how to get parking at The UNC game. I’m sure the attendees can figure out something. I’m not concerned in the least.
And that's why it will be a cluster: You planned and put the time and effort into it. Most will not. Many will drive into town (expecting to see a sign for Game Day Parking which happens at most events these days) and the chaos will ensue (just like it did for the Luke Combs concert). Add in the Noon Kickoff and many arriving with 1-2 hours of kickoff......

That's why offering a Remote Lot to Visitors and Single-Game Ticket Holders should be part of our Game Day Planning and is not a bad thing to do.
Where was this concern for previous games. This is classic closet baby blue type stuff.
I can promise you there's no Baby Blue in my closet or even in my house. If you were in Boone the evening of Luke Combs, you know it's going to be a mess (and those fans had all day to arrive). I like hosting P5's and having big games in Boone. The better the experience for all, the better chance for us to have more games with 40K.
You would think it would be a fairly obvious point that, the better experience visiting fans and team have, the more positive the feedback to their athletic department (and probably their peers) will be about potentially returning. And the better App State's reputation will be in general.

AppSt94
Posts: 6944
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:39 pm
School: Appalachian State
Location: Huntersville, NC
Has thanked: 4250 times
Been thanked: 2396 times

Re: UNC Football ticket allotment

Unread post by AppSt94 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:34 am

HighlandsApp wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:02 am
Pretty interesting.... The UNCCH ticket prices. The ticket price that they charge Ram Club members for game with us is the same$150 per ticket which is three times the next highest ticket price. It looks fun on their website:

https://ramsclub.com/football-individua ... b-members/
It’s because it’s what we charged them. Some of those 3,000 are comps but the others are paid for by Carolina.

BallantyneApp
Posts: 480
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:33 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 49 times
Been thanked: 306 times

Re: UNC Football ticket allotment

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:12 am

I say we roll out the red carpet for any Tarhole UNCBOG members, and then let the rest of their wal mart and normal alum fanbase figure it out

User avatar
Rekdiver
Posts: 6798
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:14 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 1222 times
Been thanked: 3022 times

Re: UNC Football ticket allotment

Unread post by Rekdiver » Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:21 pm

I blame parking issues on the NCBOG and the Legislature for allocating more money to UNC State and Charlotte….

bigdaddyg
Posts: 4441
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:08 pm
School: Appalachian State
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 1584 times

Re: UNC Football ticket allotment

Unread post by bigdaddyg » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:25 am


Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”