Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Season Tix Sold Out

HighlandsApp
School: Appalachian State

Re: Season Tix Sold Out

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:28 pm

Basically this is an opportunity to get $50 out of students who want to go to the UNC game and grow the student YOSEF Club membership. Pay $50 and your in. That way they will know the number.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:31 pm

This could be a good opportunity:

https://fbschedules.com/nc-state-cancel ... -with-byu/

Can we move that ECU visit?

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:37 pm

HighlandsApp wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:28 pm
Basically this is an opportunity to get $50 out of students who want to go to the UNC game and grow the student YOSEF Club membership. Pay $50 and your in. That way they will know the number.
Someone up the pole had to have seen that every available student on campus was going to be at this game. Sounds like poor planning.

pop5app

Unread post by pop5app » Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:38 pm

This is a bad look !

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:11 pm

Gonna join the old man chorus here, this is not a good look at all. Students pay an athletic fee that supposedly guarantees them entrance. Sure, some choose not to use it, but those students who want to go should not be turned away. I do not like this one bit.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:43 pm

HighlandsApp wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:31 pm
This could be a good opportunity:

https://fbschedules.com/nc-state-cancel ... -with-byu/

Can we move that ECU visit?
You might be on to something. ;)

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:46 pm

Exactly how many students go to an average game now?

appst89
Site Admin

Unread post by appst89 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:52 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:46 pm
Exactly how many students go to an average game now?
Don’t take this as a smart ass reply because it truly isn’t meant to be, but that really isn’t relevant. If the athletic fee guarantees them entry then how many usually go doesn’t matter. If the fee has changed so that entry isn’t guaranteed then it’s a different story. But I still think it’s a really bad look to turn away students.

wb247

Unread post by wb247 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:04 pm

Yep. I like student yosef getting priority to events. Best seats, early entrance, quick entrance, special food line, etc... I don't like it as a barrier to admission. It should be an upgrade for super fans that then gives yosef club a solid lead in a few years. It shouldn't be the minimum. If the endgame on student yosef engagement is anything other than alumni yosef engagement, we are doing it wrong.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:13 pm

APPdiesel wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:44 pm
AppStateNews wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:35 pm
APPdiesel wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:33 pm
VNova wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 5:08 pm
NO.2 wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:12 pm

That's quite the development. I'd assume that's a product of worrying about the fire code. Can't imagine that we sold any tickets down there.
I didn't think we sold tickets for the student section. All I'm hearing is it's time to expand the stadium even more!
I hope the SEZ temporary bleachers stay up all season so as many fans as possible have a chance to see them and wander over to sit in them. Then we can get real mock ups of a widened concourse and bleachers set on top of that. Oh, and bring the NEZ stands all the way down to field level.
My understanding is the SEZ temp seats aren't happening anymore.. I've heard several reasons but the one that makes the most sense is due to capacity and egresses and fire marshall.
I hadn't heard that. I think it's time to start looking at a South East entrance at the top of the hill on Stadium Dr. Heck, can we get a chairlift from the tennis courts up to Greenwood and Broyhill lots? That would be unique. We might be the only stadium in the country with a chair lift. :lol:
I like the chairlift idea. I have actually thought that we should open the old high school field to parking (RV) and use a gondola to transport fans up and over 105 and the neighborhood and down to the stadium, another play on the ski area idea.

Stonewall

Unread post by Stonewall » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:19 pm

NewApp wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:27 am
Stonewall wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:01 am
Football.
Home or away or both?
Both , but the big "get" is the home game , of course.

T-Dog

Unread post by T-Dog » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:27 pm

Not only do students fay athletics fees that is several hundred a semester, they pay an athletics facilities fee for the debt service.

https://studentaccounts.appstate.edu/si ... update.pdf

App should reasonably accommodate every student who wants to go to this game. Screw the guests and the people begging for tickets on Facebook.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:42 pm

T-Dog wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:27 pm
Not only do students fay athletics fees that is several hundred a semester, they pay an athletics facilities fee for the debt service.

https://studentaccounts.appstate.edu/si ... update.pdf

App should reasonably accommodate every student who wants to go to this game. Screw the guests and the people begging for tickets on Facebook.
You're right $520 per semester $1140 per calendar year should get them in anything that they want but.... We have over 20k students yet under 5k seats for them. Oh yeah...plus a hill....

Over the last 10 years, I have paid over $18,000 for my 4 kids to go to sporting events :o :o :o
Last edited by HighlandsApp on Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

t4pizza

Unread post by t4pizza » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:42 pm

I actually don't mind the Student Yosef Club gets first dibs idea at all. I figure the school set aside 10k student seats and if we get all 10k to pony up $50 that is a cool $500,000. Now, I doubt that many students will join and for those that don't the lottery is the only way to fairly allocate student seats. Anyone who didn't think a lottery would happen for this game didn't think about the logistics. There are 18,555 undergraduate students, there is no way the school could reserve that many seats for any student that wanted to show up, if they did only about 8-9000 seat tickets could have been sold and with 5000 going to UNC that means only 3000 App State non-student fans could attend. Considering how many alums and posters on here have been clamoring for tickets since this game was announced, I seriously doubt any of you would be happy not being about to go so that every student could attend. The lottery system is a necessity for this game and hopefully the benefit of the Student Yosef Club getting assured tickets will get the numbers up dramatically.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:45 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:42 pm
I actually don't mind the Student Yosef Club gets first dibs idea at all. I figure the school set aside 10k student seats and if we get all 10k to pony up $50 that is a cool $500,000. Now, I doubt that many students will join and for those that don't the lottery is the only way to fairly allocate student seats. Anyone who didn't think a lottery would happen for this game didn't think about the logistics. There are 18,555 undergraduate students, there is no way the school could reserve that many seats for any student that wanted to show up, if they did only about 8-9000 seat tickets could have been sold and with 5000 going to UNC that means only 3000 App State non-student fans could attend. Considering how many alums and posters on here have been clamoring for tickets since this game was announced, I seriously doubt any of you would be happy not being about to go so that every student could attend. The lottery system is a necessity for this game and hopefully the benefit of the Student Yosef Club getting assured tickets will get the numbers up dramatically.
But we only set aside 5,000 seats....

AtlAppMan

Unread post by AtlAppMan » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:09 pm

Folks this is a simple issue of supply and demand. There is no way any game can accommodate EVERY student and the remaining season ticket holders at once. The stadium just isn’t that big. Something has to give.

mountaineerman

Unread post by mountaineerman » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:12 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:09 pm
Folks this is a simple issue of supply and demand. There is no way any game can accommodate EVERY student and the remaining season ticket holders at once. The stadium just isn’t that big. Something has to give.
I’ll go back with poor planning. We all know what makes the stadium what it is… that’s students.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:57 pm

mountaineerman wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:12 pm
AtlAppMan wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:09 pm
I’ll go back with poor planning. We all know what makes the stadium what it is… that’s students.
First, the Fire Marshall is going to cap admission at a capacity number based on ingress/egress. So, if this move was not made now, there likely would be students turned away at the gate, which would be a worse look.

There will be plenty of students at the game and likely some non-Yosef members who win the lottery.

Second, MANY on this board complain that we do not have enough Yosef Club members. Getting people to join as students is a great way to grow. Perks for SYC can turn this into a positive. Last year, reserving the center student sections for SYC Members was a great start. Keep it going. Print game day T-Shirt For every SYC Member in attendance for this game. Repeat this for the first home SBC basketball game of the season. Create a field level football section for 20 lucky SYC members at each home game with snacks or a halftime pizza blitz. Do the same with a court side seating section for basketball.
Make Clark and Kerns available for special events for SYC. Turn the fee into fun. Provide value and it is the same as any other club fee

Lastly, two seasons ago there was a lottery for several home games to stand socially distanced on a bleacher alone. That was done due to attendance limits, no different from this game

In full disclosure, when my son was a freshman two years ago, I challenged him to be a part of a resurgence in students attending basketball games and to attend every home game during his years in Boone. Once he was on campus, one of the first things we did was to purchase the 4~Year SYC membership. For those students who have already made that commitment, it is a good thing to see their support paying dividends.

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:30 pm

Excluding the NEZ and Athletic Complex club and box seating, KBS only has 21,000 seats.

We have sold 11,000 to season tickets holders leaving 10,000. We have eliminated one section of 5,000 student seating section for the band, so students seats and the band leave 5,000 seats. UNCCH GETS 3,000 seats leaving 2,000 which for the first game are now all sold.

We have SRO on the hill and walkway and will be adding 2,000 to 3,000 temp grandstand seating underneath the NEZ.

My guess is more than 10k students will want to attend game. If only 10k come then they have the remaining 5k minus the band section, the temp bleachers, the hill and SRO and will fill every space available. If more want to come then....

AppOrange

Unread post by AppOrange » Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:35 pm

t4pizza wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:42 pm
Exactly! Be great if we had 45k seats for this one but we don’t so they are planning as best they can.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”