Here is the link to the fall sports streaming schedule.

https://appstatesports.com/news/2023/8/ ... edule.aspx

Concessions

McLeansvilleAppFan
School: Appalachian State

Re: Concessions

Unread post by McLeansvilleAppFan » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:23 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:58 pm
mike87 wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 12:52 pm
The problem is labor shortage and that's not something that's going away. I'd stick a water vending machine in every spare open space if you can get them.
They a pool of 20k students at App, it is very hard for me to believe they can't get enough "labor" out of that supply to work 6-7 home football games. Somebody isn't being creative enough if you ask me.
Maybe open it up to some of the athletes not on scholarship as a work study. Add a small service fee that guarantees some payment per delivery and have an option to add a tip. Make 4 deliveries in an hour and make $20 minimum per hour and with a tip maybe more. Advertise this is athletes doing the delivery and I bet some will tip nicely on top of a delivery fee. If out of season athletes do not want to help then open it up to any student. I think with 20,000+ students we find two dozen that would do this. General admission seats and the hill would not be an option for delivery as you would need to text a specific section and seat number so student seating and the hill is out of the delivery zone.
This is my very generic signature added to each post.

AppYosef!

Unread post by AppYosef! » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:29 pm

App should consider some Water Monster refill stations around Kidd Brewer like UNC has at Kenan Stadium. Those were a nice (and very welcome) surprise when we attended the game there a couple years ago.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:32 pm

These are all pretty innovative ideas that deserve time in front of decision makers. I would suggest sending emails to the ADs so that these voices can be heard.

BallantyneApp

Unread post by BallantyneApp » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:01 pm

AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:32 pm
These are all pretty innovative ideas that deserve time in front of decision makers. I would suggest sending emails to the ADs so that these voices can be heard.
I agree sending an email is a good idea. I hope that the AD has an intern or student reading every single post on here that touches on gameday experience and bringing all the ideas to a meeting. We are the diehards that go to most or every game and see what works/doesn't work at KBS. Most of us go to at least 1 away game a year and see what works at other stadiums from the fans POV. THe feedback collected here for free is essential.

AppSt94

Unread post by AppSt94 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:04 pm

BallantyneApp wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:01 pm
AppSt94 wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:32 pm
I agree sending an email is a good idea. I hope that the AD has an intern or student reading every single post on here that touches on gameday experience and bringing all the ideas to a meeting. We are the diehards that go to most or every game and see what works/doesn't work at KBS. Most of us go to at least 1 away game a year and see what works at other stadiums from the fans POV. THe feedback collected here for free is essential.
Maybe they do. Maybe some of the ideas seen on here are communicated to them in conversation. But the most effective way to raise awareness and create accountability is to send an email. That provides documentation that an issue was raised. If no action comes from it, then it’s on them.

mike87

Unread post by mike87 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 3:57 pm

AtlAppMan wrote:
mike87 wrote:
The problem is labor shortage and that's not something that's going away. I'd stick a water vending machine in every spare open space if you can get them.
They a pool of 20k students at App, it is very hard for me to believe they can't get enough "labor" out of that supply to work 6-7 home football games. Somebody isn't being creative enough if you ask me.
I didn't make that up. They have tried, maybe this year will be better without the Covid restrictions. Although thinking back, I wouldn't have done it when I was a student so it may not.

huskie3

Unread post by huskie3 » Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:03 pm

Does App really control game day concessions? I remember something about it being contracted out.

Found it. Last year they used EMS (Event Management Solutions). EMS web site states they offer in seat ordering, and some of the things mentioned here.
Bring Your A Game!

NewApp

Unread post by NewApp » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:18 pm

McLeansvilleAppFan wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:23 pm
AtlAppMan wrote:
mike87 wrote:
Maybe open it up to some of the athletes not on scholarship as a work study. Add a small service fee that guarantees some payment per delivery and have an option to add a tip. Make 4 deliveries in an hour and make $20 minimum per hour and with a tip maybe more. Advertise this is athletes doing the delivery and I bet some will tip nicely on top of a delivery fee. If out of season athletes do not want to help then open it up to any student. I think with 20,000+ students we find two dozen that would do this. General admission seats and the hill would not be an option for delivery as you would need to text a specific section and seat number so student seating and the hill is out of the delivery zone.
I pay for all of my concessions via credit card. How would that work with you guys; brainstorming?
NewApp formerly known as JCline
If you can't take it, don't dish it out.
Google SUX

HighlandsApp

Unread post by HighlandsApp » Thu Jul 21, 2022 9:53 pm

Bring in 50 regular old drink machines that take credit cards and put 25 under the stands on both sides.

WASU 93

Unread post by WASU 93 » Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:26 am

AppYosef! wrote:
Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:29 pm
App should consider some Water Monster refill stations around Kidd Brewer like UNC has at Kenan Stadium. Those were a nice (and very welcome) surprise when we attended the game there a couple years ago.
Definitely. Keeps fans safe and hydrated and reduces the concession lines. Add a quarter to bottled drink prices to make up for lost revenue and everyone wins.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Appalachian Football”